ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu Dependant Sister Extended Family

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sammalik
Newly Registered

Non Eu Dependant Sister Extended Family

Post by sammalik » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi All
I am new to this form.I want information about using the EU treaty rights for my sister and her two kids 5 years and 2 months old.
I am a British national and moved to the Ireland in July 2013,I am a self employed.My sister lives in Pakistan with her husband and two kids.
She is my financially dependant. i send her money regularly, also we were living in same house back in Pakistan.

I am currently not earning much but have some savings.I also need info that how much funds or statement i need in order to apply for their residence permit and are there any chances they could get the visa for Ireland.

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Non Eu Dependant Sister Extended Family

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 am

She is married with kids but is financially dependent on you? How will you prove that?

sammalik
Newly Registered

Post by sammalik » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi chaoclive

Thanks to getting back to me.I send money to my sister regularly, so as a prove i got the remittance receipts.
She also lived in UK for more than 6 months,on student visa, i was paying for her tuition fee etc and i sent her money from my account to hers while in UK.
We lived in the same house back in Pakistan.

Thx

sammalik
Newly Registered

Hi chaoclive

Thanks to getting back to me.I send money to my sister regularly, so as a prove i got the remittance receipts.
She also lived in UK for more than 6 months,on student visa, i was paying for her tuition fee etc and i sent her money from my account to hers while in UK.

Thx

sammalik
Newly Registered

Hi chaoclive

Thx

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:04 am

it is a mission to prove dependency of a old age parent(s) who are by the way direct family members.
In your case she is your sister who is a permitted family member and not a direct family member. to make matter worse she is married and have kids. they will refuse it straight away and argue she formed a family unit and is dependent on her husband and not you. And by the way UKBA and INIS are sharing information so they will know her UK immigration history.
You can try but i chances are very slim.

sammalik
Newly Registered

Post by sammalik » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi jinkazama

Thanks for your reply.Yes i think you are right its gonna be difficult.But is there any way I can make this case strong enough
for my sister to get the visa in first attempt or at least get the visa.EU treaty rights allow you to sponsor any relative and that is my sister,But I am not sure about the extended family of hers.What are the important documents that i need to show.
I also wounder if anyone has done the same case as mine?Please let me know any little info could be beneficial for me.

thx.

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:37 am

Hello all,
does anyone know if it is easy to grant residence permit to extedned family members (over 21) in ireland and other EU countires. I, a british, want to relocate from uk to switch my brother from student to residence permit, as our only parent (mother) who is previously supporting him has died, and I am next of kin. if you know of any other eu countries that grant these easily, please can you list them. thanks.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:36 am

Its very difficult to get a dependent visa even for your parents, no matter who have the most stronger case in the world. A friend of mine is a Doctor with a salary of over 100K and his parents dependent visa is refused for a stupid reason although the parents were in Ireland many many times.

The reason behind is that people are using Ireland as a gateway to bring their family members using their EU Treaty Rights especially people from the UK and this increased trend has made the process very difficult. So you can forget about bringing ur brothers/sisters over 21.

You can see the latest article about family reunification of dependent parents here:

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... ndent.html

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 am

@ Allenboo,

Have a read through the following link - page 39 onwards.
It deals with family reunification of non EU citizens who are family members of Irish citizens as well as the Non EU citizens who are family members of Non EU citizens with permission to reside in Ireland.
It should give you an idea on how the Irish assess dependency.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf

As well as the following link, "Processing of Applications for Visas by Persons applying as Family Members of
EU Citizens exercising or planning to exercise Free Movement Rights under Directive 2004/38/EC" especially point 4.3 and point 4.4

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Processi ... ective.pdf

And if you are an EU citizen exercising treaty rights, they can't treat you less favourably than they would an Irish citizen.

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm

fly boy thanks for your post. but it is kind of hard for me to comprehend, especially for the dependency. I dont know if there is any other info that may help, like case examples.

hk79
Newly Registered

Post by hk79 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi everyone,

please I need some advise on EU family application,

I want to submit application for stam4 eufam

my partner and 6 month old daughter are both british

we live together in Ireland and my partner is working,

we have joint bills and tenancy from landlord,

but we are not married yet but we been together for over two years with limited paper work evidence apart from my daughter birth certificate.

please anyone have any advise on this matters.