ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa to Irish Spouse Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Student visa to Irish Spouse Visa

Post by LuciaChange » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:19 am

My Boy friend is Irish; I am Chinese with student visa which will be expired 30th Sep. I will extend my student visa for another year and we plan to marry at the end of October.
My questions are:

1 Can I transfer my student visa to Spouse visa without leaving the country? How long will it take? Where I should apply?
As I came in with tourist visa and I went to GNIB to change my tourist visa to student visa (but GNIB officer wasn’t sure if he could give me and he asked me to go to re-entry visa to apply for my student visa. And re-entry visa asked me to come back to GNIB to get my student visa and GNIB card. So when I went back to GNIB talked to another officer, this time he gave me my student visa but he told me I should have gone back to my country to do this but I am luck this time)
So I wonder if I can transfer student visa to spouse visa and GNIB card ( Stamp 2 to Stamp 4) in GNIB? or Dept of Justice?
Thank you

Lucy

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Re: Student visa to Irish Spouse Visa

Post by LuciaChange » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:22 am

LuciaChange wrote:My Boy friend is Irish; I am Chinese with student visa which will be expired 30th Sep. I will extend my student visa for another year and we plan to marry at the end of October.
My questions are:

1 Can I transfer my student visa to Spouse visa without leaving the country? How long will it take? Where I should apply?
As I came in with tourist visa and I went to GNIB to change my tourist visa to student visa (but GNIB officer wasn’t sure if he could give me and he asked me to go to re-entry visa to apply for my student visa. And re-entry visa asked me to come back to GNIB to get my student visa and GNIB card. So when I went back to GNIB talked to another officer, this time he gave me my student visa but he told me I should have gone back to my country to do this but I am luck this time)
So I wonder if I can transfer student visa to spouse visa and GNIB card ( Stamp 2 to Stamp 4) in GNIB? or Dept of Justice?
Thank you

Lucy
one more question is where I can download the form to apply Irish Spouse visa? As I couldn't find it anywhere. Thank you

Lucy

room1102

Post by room1102 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:01 pm

LuciaChange wrote:My Boy friend is Irish; I am Chinese with student visa which will be expired 30th Sep. I will extend my student visa for another year and we plan to marry at the end of October.
My questions are:

Thank you

Lucy
When you came in with your tourist visa? when did you change from tourist visa to student visa?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:17 pm

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Post by LuciaChange » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:04 am

room1102 wrote:
My questions are:

Thank you

Lucy
When you came in with your tourist visa? when did you change from tourist visa to student visa?
I came in 2005 Oct with student visa. Transfer to Student visa in 2005 Dec

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Post by LuciaChange » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 am

LuciaChange wrote:
room1102 wrote:
My questions are:

Thank you

Lucy
Sorry, worng typing. Here is the correction:
I came in 2005 Oct with Tourist visa. Transfer to Student visa in 2005 Dec

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Student Visa (Stamp2 )to Spouse visa(Stamp4)

Post by LuciaChange » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi,

After some investigation, I am not sure if I have the right direction. Can anyone help me for the following process?

1 Get my student visa extended (as my student visa will be expired Sep 30th)
2 Get married (The wedding is in Oct 30th)
3 Go to GNIB with all the documents( marriage certificate, financial document, utility bill, rental agreement, employ letter and contract) to transfer my GNIB card from Stamp 2 into Stamp 4 and get a stamp on my passport( not sure about this)
4 Go to apply Re-Entry visa with my GNIB card with Stamp 4, then I will be issued a D (Spouse) Visa with multiple entries.

Are these correct process?
It would be much appreciated if anyone can give any suggestion. Thank you!!!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Some answers to your questions are at:

http://www.embassyofireland.cn/Ireland/ ... Spouse.php
SPOUSE OF IRISH / EEA CITIZEN

If you are a visa-required national and travelling to Ireland to join your spouse, you should present the following with your visa application:

* Passport
* Please include a photocopy of the passport biopage, all visas and all stamps
* Completed Visa Application Form
* 3 colour passport photos taken in the past six months
* Passport or other proof of EEA citizenship of Irish / EEA spouse
* Photocopy of marriage certificate with notorised English translation (where appropriate)
* An account as to how the Irish / EEA citizen met the applicant and a brief relationship history
* Evidence that the Irish / EEA citizen has sufficient funds to maintain his / her spouse
* Letter from Irish / EEA citizens current employer
* Details of the Irish / EEA citizens accommodation in the State
* Details of non EEA nationals immigration status in other EEA country if exercising EU Treaty rights
* Photocopy of applicant's hukou
* Notarised certificate confirming no criminal record

Please note the above list is not exhaustive and applications should be supported by all information considered relevant.

You must not be under 16 years of age.

Applicants who are married to EEA citizens are exempt from fees.

If intending to reside in Ireland you must both plan to live together.

This visa does not allow you to automatically apply for residency in Ireland .

Please contact the Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform for information on applying for residency based on marriage to an Irish or and EEA citizen.

Please contact the Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform for information on applying for citizenship based on marriage to an Irish citizen.

We aim to make a decision on your application as soon as possible however, please allow ten working days for your application to be processed.

Before you complete your visa application please thoroughly read the information contained in General Information for all Visa types.

As far as I know, you have to have a spouse visa first, then the stamp4 or appropriate stamp will be issued to you and not the other way around.
Read through the posts by 'Scrudu'...she is Irish married to an Non European.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Good Luck!

LuciaChange
Newly Registered

Post by LuciaChange » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Thank you so much for the information. I really need LUCK!

But I really wonder how this country works.
I like to share my story when I first came here.
When the first time I applied for my student visa, I phone Irish office to ask how long it takes to process and i was told it only takes no more than 10 days. But when i submit all the documents, i was told they brought up new regulation and it takes 6-8 weeks now: twisted:
After I booked my flight and paid the tuition fee...I couldn't believe that I had to wait and would miss my course. Since I had tourist visa, I came in meanwhile waiting for my student visa. Then I arrived on time for my course, my college told me they will manage my visa with GNIB, till almost December I was told GNIB was too busy, I had to go in personal.
First time: after queuing for 3 hrs for the no. for GNID I was told NO, I had to go back to my country. I left with tears... because it is ridiculous that I am in the country and they want me to go back and send the document from my country to Ireland. I don't see the difference that i am here bringing my documents personally which is not acceptable.
I wouldn't go home for this stupid thing, so few days after I went to queue and try again, this time I was told I have to get my student visa in the other side (where people apply for re-entry visa) so I went to queue again for the ticket ( I queue 2 time today for 5 hrs) finally it was my turn, but the F*cking stupid girl shouted to me: GO AWAY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RE-ENTRY VISA FORM. I didn't even get chance to explain what I want. I don't want to stupid RE-ENTRY VISA FORM :twisted: :twisted:
I tried to explain, the end she shouted to me: GO AWAY. GO AWAY

I left that window with TEARS, and tried to talk to any supervisor, I was lucky the guy looks after the tickets machine came to me and asked me what happened. I was crying and explaining to him my situation. Then he went into the re-entry visa office got the supervisor. I explained to the supervisor my situation and also mentioned that the girl shouted to me even before I said anything.

She went into the office and came back to me say, I should queue in GNIB, re-entry visa can't give me the student visa unless I register in GNIB for GNIB card with Stamp 2

So I quad again ( This is my 3rd time on this day) Luckily, I met a patient guy, he went to talk to his manager and came back to me with a student visa sticker on my passport and GNIB card with stamp 2.

I left the office with my hand shaking holding the student visa sticker, GNIB card with stamp 2. I cried loudly on my way home.... finally after all the effort.

Now I believe luck is important but DO NOT GIVE UP NEVER EVER.
I got refused first, I went in agin agin and again.

I want to THANK YOU all you guys responding the queries on this website that really encourage people to hang on and spirit suport/ solid support= helpful information for all

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!