ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application under processing - speeding conviction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

antouk

Application under processing - speeding conviction

Post by antouk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48 am

Hi All,

I have applied for naturalization and my application is under processing. At this point i received a speeding notice on my name today. I was driving 36mph on a 30 road.

The notice says i have 28 days to respond to the letter. Can you please guide me on What should i do now ?

Thanks
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

runie80
Member of Standing

Re: Application under processing - speeding conviction

Post by runie80 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 am

I think if its the first time u can avoid the prosecution and points by going on speed awareness course.
There will be fine and you will have to sit the course.

http://www.theaa.com/aadrivetech/driver ... ourse.html

next time drive slowly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk

http://www.driver-improvement.co.uk/ind ... ess-scheme
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Maybe you should write to the HO declaring this conviction before they find out when they come to processing your application. There is also the plus point that they'll process your application faster!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm

anotherbrickinthewall wrote:Maybe you should write to the HO declaring this conviction before they find out when they come to processing your application. There is also the plus point that they'll process your application faster!
Not sure its a good idea. But if the Op is going on a speed awareness course its not a conviction. Hopefully its the first time for him otherwise obviously we are in a different ball game...
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes it is the first time. But the letter doesnt talk about any courses, they asked me to fill-in the form on who is driving the car.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm

antouk wrote:Yes it is the first time. But the letter doesnt talk about any courses, they asked me to fill-in the form on who is driving the car.
check the following link

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 pm

antouk wrote:Yes it is the first time. But the letter doesnt talk about any courses, they asked me to fill-in the form on who is driving the car.
There is a national scheme which will allow drivers to take part in a speed awareness course as an alternative to prosecution. In order to qualify for the course, the driver must not have exceeded the speed limit by excessive amounts. Each force will set it's own trigger speed limits. A driver may only attend one course in three years and the offer of a course is at each Force's discretion.

The course aims to improve the quality of the driving of the participants and also make them more aware of the consequences of speeding.

Most police forces have adopted new speeding guidelines. These guidelines mean that drivers can pay to do a speed awareness course instead of receiving points on their licence, if caught at up to 10% above the limit plus 9mph. If you are eligible for a speed awareness course you will be informed by the force concerned.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

i would say contact them and see if there is a possibility of speed awareness course.

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks runie. Thats a brilliant piece of information. I will contact the concerned force and request them for a course instead of a prosecution. Once i get a reply back from them i will take a decision of informing the Home office.

Thanks

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:00 pm

antouk wrote:Thanks runie. Thats a brilliant piece of information. I will contact the concerned force and request them for a course instead of a prosecution. Once i get a reply back from them i will take a decision of informing the Home office.

Thanks
You have not been convicted yet, so what are you going to inform Home Office about? Don't be in a hurry to run to HO. You'll only end up getting yourself into more trouble.

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:35 am

longhorn1 wrote:
antouk wrote:Thanks runie. Thats a brilliant piece of information. I will contact the concerned force and request them for a course instead of a prosecution. Once i get a reply back from them i will take a decision of informing the Home office.

Thanks
You have not been convicted yet, so what are you going to inform Home Office about? Don't be in a hurry to run to HO. You'll only end up getting yourself into more trouble.
Got it. Thanks longhorn.

antouk

Post by antouk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:27 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for your valuable advises, i requested for a speed awareness course and they have agreed for one. So i need NOT go back to HO and inform about this incident, am i right?

Regards

Double V

Post by Double V » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 pm

antouk wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for your valuable advises, i requested for a speed awareness course and they have agreed for one. So i need NOT go back to HO and inform about this incident, am i right?

Regards
I am in same position now.

Applied on 29.10,2014.
Recieved NIP in post today.

It is also my first time.
I was doing 54 on 40mile M23.

Did you inform home office after getting the awareness course ?

Please help.