ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we leaving the EU?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nemerkh

Are we leaving the EU?

Post by nemerkh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

So the UKIP won the debate yesterday. Obviously and rightfully they wanna be in control of their borders. Coming from a noneu EEA family member who has been in the uk for 7 yrs i have an urge to ask.. What will happen if the UK leaves the EU? What will happen to us? Europeans and their family members living here with their mortgages, jobs, schools etc..

maxmelion

Re: Are we leaving the EU?

Post by maxmelion » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Everything will normal till 2017 i think after that might uk out of union europ by then we will knoq .

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 pm

That i understand. What will happen to the eu residents within the uk if they decide to leave ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:37 pm

No-one can possibly say at this stage. Best idea is to get yourself PR before then!

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Easier said than done mate. Due in 4 yrs

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:16 pm

obviously transition route will be available so no need to worry but yes may be law will be more strict
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:52 am

It's actually pointless to worry about what effect it might have, there will be transitional arrangements in place, as the same will be enjoyed by the hundreds of thousands if not millions of British citizens living in the EU as well, if the UK were to leave the EU, it will be economically impossible, and unwise to leave the EEA as well, so there would not be a major change in regards to immigration from the EEA.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:05 am

Although it is very important to prevent the massive influx of people from eastern European but for implementing any such policy may take about half century as because without knowing the actual data nothing can be done. Authorities are already unknown about how many illegals living in UK and several policies had been made but all proved be failed. :|
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 am

As an Eea resident with my wife and both working with not a single penny from the gov we both totally support the fact that illegals and benefit thieves should be tracked down. Borders should be controlled as well as it is not fair on britain the amount of influx even from other advanced eu countries. Like you sew people dying to come from Calais! France! An advanced eu country. Why dont they settle there?
Anyways what i really hope for is if they do leave the eu they do take into consideration those people who live here like us and not had prs because we never foreseen this possibility before ie leaving the eu. Especially when we have mortgages and children in schools and jobs and careers.

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am

nemerkh wrote:As an Eea resident with my wife and both working with not a single penny from the gov we both totally support the fact that illegals and benefit thieves should be tracked down. Borders should be controlled as well as it is not fair on britain the amount of influx even from other advanced eu countries. Like you sew people dying to come from Calais! France! An advanced eu country. Why dont they settle there?
Anyways what i really hope for is if they do leave the eu they do take into consideration those people who live here like us and not had prs because we never foreseen this possibility before ie leaving the eu. Especially when we have mortgages and children in schools and jobs and careers.
Why didn't you stay in your EU wife's country? why did your wife move to Britain? Is your wife's country not advanced? Does that mean there aren't migrants in France? Or British citizens in their hundreds of thousands? or does that mean there aren't any migrants willing to move from Britain to France as well? what eactly are you implying? That only you deserve to be here? Everyone else deserves to be here just as you think you do.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 am

gozo1 wrote: Why didn't you stay in your EU wife's country? why did your wife move to Britain? Is your wife's country not advanced? Does that mean there aren't migrants in France? Or British citizens in their hundreds of thousands? or does that mean there aren't any migrants willing to move from Britain to France as well? what eactly are you implying? That only you deserve to be here? Everyone else deserves to be here just as you think you do.
I beg to differ. Everyone who can be here LEGALLY deserves to be there. Why should British people be forced to look after illegals?

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:56 pm

I cannot remember asking the British people be forced to look after illegals in any of my posts, you will do well to highlight that part of post, the OP believes he has the right to be here, why shouldn't anyone else who believe they have the same right do the same? Eventhough I do not agree with people coming to any country if they do not have the right to be there, it is quite very easy to stereotype, I cannot remember any of the middle eastern country who have invited the British government to come and help them destabilise their country? Nor can I remember a time when the British people applied for any African country's visa when they illegally arrived at their shores Bby boats?

What goes around comes around too, even when I do not agree that it is OK to do that, you should bare in mind there is always a perfect counter arguement .
Last edited by gozo1 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Im wondering how cum uk wana be greath britin nd u cant manage the immigrantions . The problems here uk cant face the facts the immigrant people who support tht country . Iff u look at the other side from tht if they kick out the european frm uk british poeple think they can find work easy nd the wages will go up thts not true bcos if the wages go up so theproducts will go up nd everything will be expensive nd most of uk poeple they cant work full time then the overtimewill more cost so they will have to get cheap staff. They should manage the penfits nd cancel housing nd only look after disable nd old . Nd make new rules for bulgaroan nd romanians .

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 pm

gozo1 wrote:I cannot remember asking the British people be forced to look after illegals in any of my posts, you will do well to highlight that part of post, the OP believes he has the right to be here, why shouldn't anyone else who believe they have the same right do the same? Eventhough I do not agree with people coming to any country if they do not have the right to be there, it is quite very easy to stereotype, I cannot remember any of the middle eastern country who have invited the British government to come and help them destabilise their country? Nor can I remember a time when the British people applied for any African country's visa when they illegally arrived at their shores Bby boats?

What goes around comes around too, even when I do not agree that it is OK to do that, you should bare in mind there is always a perfect counter arguement .
In case you can't see: I have highlighted a phrase in your post: "Everyone else deserves to be here". Not sure if you need your glasses changed? The implication of your statement is that legals AND illegals should deserve to be there. I do not agree.

The OP DOES have the right under EEA law to be there. Other people in his position do too. That is not in dispute.

Don't know what century you're living in, but times have changed darling. What you refer to hasn't happened in a while.

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm

chaoclive wrote: In case you can't see: I have highlighted a phrase in your post: "Everyone else deserves to be here". Not sure if you need your glasses changed? The implication of your statement is that legals AND illegals should deserve to be there. I do not agree.

The OP DOES have the right under EEA law to be there. Other people in his position do too. That is not in dispute.

Don't know what century you're living in, but times have changed darling. What you refer to hasn't happened in a while.
If you bought me a replacement glass chao I will thank you, how can you verify that all of the people coming from france do not deserve to be here? you know why they left their country? do you know their circumstances? can you tell if they were being persecuted or not? It is easy to stereotype and dance to the beats that the media play. Because the British government claim legal migrants are OK to be here, believe me if they turned out tomorrow and said infact legal and illegal migrants aren't OK to be here, the media will play the beats to public and everyone will change cause and believe whatevr it is the government want them to believe.

Talking about what century I am in, you will do well to check facts and see the devastating of the effect the Iraqi invasion has left the country with,the wider implication of mass killing by the British government in the region, although it has ended a long time ago, but the implication still lingers.

You might like to know what imperialism did to africa and the effect it is having on the Africans today, eventhough you claim it hasn't happened in a while the effect is still raw and people are still suffering from it.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have anything against the British people, some of them are good people and some aren't, just like it is everywhere in the world. I am against the double standard, displayed by the OP.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm

I really wish I had the opportunity to buy you some new glasses. I said if they are illegal they shouldn't be there. That's simple, right? I'm sure you know the definition of 'illegal'. You know the conditions for asylum/refugee status right? If they fulfill those conditions then they will be given legal status. If not, I'm sorry, but I don't see why any other group of people should be forced to look after them. Life is unfair.

The effect of previous invasions in Africa may still be raw, and of course I'm not happy about that, but history cannot be changed. I am not condoning what happened to any country at the hands of any aggressor. However, there are modern day conventions which I feel should be complied with. Did the British invade Iraq to live there long term illegally? I do not agree with invasion at all however, again, it is history. It's not right, but it cannot be changed. Please remember who the main instigator was. I did not check any facts before writing this post, but I assume that the circumstances of the Iraqi war and invasions in Africa were for different goals.

I agree with your views about good/bad people everywhere. You do not have to point out that you have nothing against British people. I am not British.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Next time if you would pay more attention to your sweeping statements ("everyone"), you would not have to waste quite so much time replying to me with your views that do nothing to change my mind! I am not saying that the OP was right or wrong, I simply pointed out your use of the word: "everyone."

I will not be continuing this pointless discussion as, as I have said, no matter how you put forward your point that 'everyone' should be able to move to the UK (or ANY other country in the world), I will always disagree.

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:36 pm

I am not apologetic for my statement, so am not prepared to change it, whatever gave the poster d right to be here and not everyone who came via calais? I didn't say you were British, I didn't need to know if you were.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Way off the subject last few posts. I didnt insult anyone and millions of people just like myself and my wife have the right to be here. What am inclining is that we r here legally we pay our taxes and we support the british economy and society. Now am sure thousands in britain like us do the same. What i am saying tere are a lot of people waiting by the port of calais to enter the uk but they cant cause its illegal. What am also saying is that why dont these people just settle in france? Its the same european country isnt it? If thy had the right to be here they would have. Am sure many of them get to the uk but on what status? Illegal? Then am against that cause we do pay our taxes to stay here irrelevant of who these taxes are used to support. And there is a growing problem of illegal immigrants that top 5 million mark in the uk. Now thats a lot and eventhiugh am not brotish i do genujnely feel sorry for britain!
Border control coming from a settled foreigner in this country is essential. Point.

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 pm

You are just another immigrant trying to be relevant, the fact is the majority of the British public do not want the likes of you and your wife here, it doesn't matter if you have PR or not they do not want any form of migration, why don't you, and your wife ship off back to your country or hers, and see if the British public account will suffer because of that. Get a grip, and get on with whatever it is you are doing here, and stop moaning about your little taxes as the fact is the British public do not want it, that's why they want to quit the EU enmasse. Immigrant complaining about another immigrant although one claims to have a right to live. The truth is you and your wife are immigrants in the eye of the British public and they do not want any form of migration. simple.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Maybe your probably right. Ill stop moaning for the sake of this forum. Harsh words used such as "ship back" but ill take the whole point you made and again i say you are probably right.

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Apologise for the remark, it was unnecessary of me.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm

gozo1 wrote:You are just another immigrant trying to be relevant, the fact is the majority of the British public do not want the likes of you and your wife here, it doesn't matter if you have PR or not they do not want any form of migration, why don't you, and your wife ship off back to your country or hers, and see if the British public account will suffer because of that. Get a grip, and get on with whatever it is you are doing here, and stop moaning about your little taxes as the fact is the British public do not want it, that's why they want to quit the EU enmasse. Immigrant complaining about another immigrant although one claims to have a right to live. The truth is you and your wife are immigrants in the eye of the British public and they do not want any form of migration. simple.
Again with the generalizations...

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm

If the UKIP come in power, definitely they will try to get rid of as much immigrants as they can. Nigel farage is a Nazi. He supports Putin for his action.My question is my appeal was allowed and waiting for my RC. Can my partner apply for PR while I am waiting for my RC? will it have any affect on acquiring my RC? or should i wait until i get my RC?
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Please stop crying everyone as nothing will be happened. Simplest present example of Romanian and Bulgarians for whom government was promising to extend restrictions on them but eventually what happen in January 2014 nothing. These are just empty speeches and its implementation takes ages until that time majority of people will already be settled :lol:
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Back to the original question - what if the UK leave the UK. This is the sole reason I want a British passport. I have Permanent Residence on the basis that, as an EU national, I have been living and exercising treaty rights here since 2005, but who knows if that will count for anything once they leave? It might be deemed invalid and withdrawn retrospectively.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein