ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Application/ Self employed-Missing P35 *URGENT*

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SAL1313

Joint Application/ Self employed-Missing P35 *URGENT*

Post by SAL1313 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi all,

I have a query before I submit my joint application with my wife for Naturalisation. I am in full time employment and will put my Tax Ref etc now about the wife.......I am aware this is accountancy based but relates to effect on this process so will appreciate if someone can help

My wife is the Director of her own company, the company started in May 2012,

1. We submitted accounts are returns for 1st year i.e. May till April 2013, however have just realised that p35 wasnt sent!!! Is this a big issue? Will they find out and take this negatively? This P35 was only worth £10 or something!!

2. The accounts for the 2nd year are not due yet as will be on 30 April and we will submit April 2013 to April 2014 then. I understand her personal returns can be filed from 5th April onwards anytime till January 2015. Should send this in Arpil and apply or we are good to go on last year self assessments.

3. Although her company started in May 2012, we only got her UTR recently after which we submitted her personal return, Is this going to be OK?

4. Lastly, what do I need to provide as evidence of her tax etc, will just putting her UTR number and a copy of her SA302 for 2012/13 be enough?

I must add that touchwood we have not had any penalty notices so far! My accountant is suggesting leave this alone as we havent heard anything back but I do not want complicate things for a few bucks!!

Appreciate this is more accounting side however a lot of self employed people in similar scenarios have had experience here and hence am hoping someone can help me as Ii am very very nervous with all this.

collipu

Re: Joint Application/ Self employed-Missing P35 *URGENT*

Post by collipu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Only tax ref and SA302 are required.

MP1982

Re: Joint Application/ Self employed-Missing P35 *URGENT*

Post by MP1982 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:38 pm

I was in a similar situation for my Wife. All you need is the UTR and statement for the last self employemnt tax year you filed for her,

Hope it helps,

MP