ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application unfairly on hold - Help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Application unfairly on hold - Help!

Post by neelammurtaza » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:17 am

Hi guys,

My history is that I came on spouse visa --> ILR --> 3 year citizenship as marriage to BN.

Really deflated, yesterday received a brown envelope, got quite happy as my case is pretty straight forward and it turns out my application is on hold for likely more than 6 months because my choice of B1 proof was a TOEFL exam. I submitted the application on the 3rd of Feb, received by them on the 4th. On the 10th it appears TOEFL was suspended for fraud.

However, my question is, how is that fair on people who had already submitted their applications? Surely this should be applied to cases after that date. Even more annoying is the fact that there is still no mention off this on the UKBA's website AND it is still a form of accepted proof on their list of B1 qualifications!

Do I have any grounds to appeal this?

anotherbrickinthewall

Re: Application unfairly on hold - Help!

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am

Sorry to hear that. There was a BBC panorama investigation which exposed wide spread fraud in the language tests conducted by ETS. In response, home office decided to set aside all applications submitted with TOEFL pending completion of their investigation.

http://www.aoc.co.uk/download.cfm?docid ... 128B1FE0C1

Why UK Home Office is suspending applications prior to full investigation?

Where there is a threat to immigration control UK Home Office must act immediately. Very serious allegations about the integrity of test administered by ETS have been made and an investigation is underway.

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Post by neelammurtaza » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Thank you for your response. I am aware off all that, but why retrospectively apply this to people who had already applied before their announcement. And why have they not updated their own webpage and approved list of exams, it is just not right!

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:37 pm

I can see your point. A lot of applicants have been caught out thanks to the misdeeds of a few. The Home Secretary Theresa May has defended the action saying that Home Office has the power to put in emergency measures when it detects serious fraud like this. I don't think there is much you can do other than asking HO if you can submit an alternate English qualification.

sha373

Post by sha373 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:33 pm

There is another way to shrink time for ur application though not sure right advice or not
Book ielts ur esol and u wil get result in 2weeks than send ielts results to HO...as a proof of language ..

Patval
Newly Registered

Post by Patval » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:33 am

I took the another b1 approved test after receiving the ets letter, but my application is still on hold and not being looked at. So it would be nice to know if anyone got approval after sending in a new test

Patval
Newly Registered

Post by Patval » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Patval wrote:I took another b1 approved test after receiving the ets letter, but my application is still on hold and not being looked at. So it would be nice to know if anyone got approval after sending in a new test

midbar
Newly Registered

Post by midbar » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Is there anyone yet who submitted a new English language test and received an approval?

I submitted a new test certificate in May and am still waiting - 6th January applicant... will be 6 months next week.

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Did you receive any update about your visa?

my wife is in a similar situation, we applied in May and received a letter in June about TOEIC not being accepted. She just recently sat another english test but results won't be available before September.

Patval
Newly Registered

Post by Patval » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Yeah I have received my approval. Citizenship ceremony booked for d 4th

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 pm

that's great news! congratulations!
so there is still hope for us

midbar
Newly Registered

Post by midbar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Patval wrote:Yeah I have received my approval. Citizenship ceremony booked for d 4th
Congratulations! Can I ask when you submitted the new test?

I applied in early Jan - sent new test in May but still waiting... Thanks.

Patval
Newly Registered

Post by Patval » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 pm

I sent in d test in April

usman123456789
Newly Registered

Post by usman123456789 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:51 am

when did u get your letter for cermoney? actually in feburary i did submittied my application for student visa with toeic, and in december 2013 i got my ILR now i m looking for applying my naturalization will still toeic effect me or i will get my naturalization? please can advise me?

usman123456789
Newly Registered

i want to apply for my naturalization ,

Post by usman123456789 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:56 am

when did u get your letter for cermoney? actually in feburary i did submittied my application for student visa with toeic, and in december 2013 i got my ILR now i m looking for applying my naturalization will still toeic effect me or i will get my naturalization? please can advise me?

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi
Actually i have applied for ILR on 10 years long residency route in the first week of june using TOEIC certificate, i sent them PTE english certificate as soon as i came to know about the ETS scam, now the home office has put my application on hold despite sending them a new english certificate which doesn't make sense as i have never used TOEIC before for any type of visa extension, is anybody here who is in the same situation as me and got his ILR or still waiting for the decision.

thanks