ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atikur

Help needed Please

Post by atikur » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 am

Hi guys,

I am new in this forum and seeking some advices. Please help me. I am in Tier1 PSW visa category and my current visa will expire on 12th of Sep 2014. When I first received my Student Visa, it was valid from 01/06/2005 but I came in to the UK on 28/11/2005 and left the country after 3 days. Again I came back on 09/05/2006 and continued living until 24/10/2012 and came back on 25/12/2012 and living continuously.

So my question is can I count my starting day which is 01/06/2005 of the visa in terms of ILR application or I have to count my first entry which was 28/11/2005. (NB: Recently I checked the eligibility of 10 year qualifying period in https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility it says Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:
• when you arrived in the UK with a visa
• when you were given permission to stay in the UK
The other question is – I will still be short of months to apply for ILR. What would be the best advice for me to spend these months? I don’t want to switch back to student visa. I can apply for PSW Entrepreneurship visa partnering with my friend (25grand each). The reason to apply for it is that this Visa takes ages to come up with decision and I can continue my present job until I receive the visa. By the way, if I switch my visa I know that I won’t be eligible to work elsewhere, but still if I continue work in my present job would it effect my ILR later on?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Help needed Please

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 pm

It is 28/11/2005