ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - The countersignatory has done mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

Please help - The countersignatory has done mistake

Post by mrgsingh » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi

I'm going to apply for my children British passport on Monday. I filled the form that got it signed from a professional person who knew us. I have just got the forms back and noticed that she didn't leave the space between surname & first name on one of the form. She also did spell mistake however rectified it by writing them over.

I'm not sure if it will affect this application. I'm going to apply by Send & check service. Do you think if the postoffice official don't say anything then it means everything will be fine.

Thanks

Gurvinder

johnj1

Re: Please help - The countersignatory has done mistake

Post by johnj1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:44 pm

In other not delay your application, ask the referee to fill the form correctly by completing new application form, the Home Office may send it back to you to correct this mistake

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks johnj1. I went to the postoffice and they gave me the same advise so I'm going to get it corrected before sending the application away.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 pm

mrgsingh wrote:Thanks johnj1. I went to the postoffice and they gave me the same advise so I'm going to get it corrected before sending the application away.
Consider filling out the form on behalf of your counter signatory and just get him or her to only sign and date the form. I know people that I have done that with success on this forum. Get the form filled correctly and get your ref to sign and date only.