ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maaan143

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maaan143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm

GOd Helps wrote:
maaan143 wrote:Thanks God

I just received approval letter. Having a very gud april fool.
I applied on 6 january 2014.

Just to let u knw, I requested last week for early decision thru email.

Gud luck for awaiting applicants.
good Afternoon,
congrats
did the home office sent you a reply that they will do your application quickly and if it is OK can you please share the reason you wanted an early decision

many thanks

i emailed them on familyopspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ...without any attached evidence...they sent letter wich i recvd on 28th march they were saying that you havnt attached any evidence.we cant expedite ur application...but we are assuring u that the case worker will conclude ur case in his early convenience...interesting is that i recvd letter on 28 and they print approval letter on 29th march...

hope this will help u

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi sswsz .... Thank u for ur valuable reply. So that means even though I have been on tier 4 pbs still I can apply for her set m and will be count 2 years towards settlement... Isn't it? I know my question is bit silly but u know I m bit confused because so many thread I saw here which stated home office said we don't count tier 4 pbs in this ground. So could u pls suggest me at this point what should I do? Can I apply at peo after 6th of April and do I need to show 18600?. Thank u for reading....
Tulib143

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Set(m) doesn't require any specific income .if you got flr before 6 April and your dependent is here before July 2012 then you can apply set m anytime .

Here is my home office mail for old rule dependents

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Sent: 14 December 2013 20:31
To: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox; Public Enquiries (CD)
Subject: ILR QUERY

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

tulib143 wrote:Hi sswsz .... Thank u for ur valuable reply. So that means even though I have been on tier 4 pbs still I can apply for her set m and will be count 2 years towards settlement... Isn't it? I know my question is bit silly but u know I m bit confused because so many thread I saw here which stated home office said we don't count tier 4 pbs in this ground. So could u pls suggest me at this point what should I do? Can I apply at peo after 6th of April and do I need to show 18600?. Thank u for reading....
Tulib143
ss

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:22 pm

tulib143 wrote:Hi sswsz .... Thank u for ur valuable reply. So that means even though I have been on tier 4 pbs still I can apply for her set m and will be count 2 years towards settlement... Isn't it? I know my question is bit silly but u know I m bit confused because so many thread I saw here which stated home office said we don't count tier 4 pbs in this ground. So could u pls suggest me at this point what should I do? Can I apply at peo after 6th of April and do I need to show 18600?. Thank u for reading....
Tulib143

your answer in laast question bro....this is ukvi email

Thank you for your e-mail, you do not need to re-send your enquiry or reply to this message.

This is the Family Migration Operational Policy Mailbox which is for internal Home Office enquiries about complex family policy only.

We will not answer enquiries relating to other policy areas. We will aim to respond within 10 working days for complex Family enquiries relating to:

· Article 8 (10 year family and private life routes to settlement)
· Parents
· Partners
· Financial requirement (Income threshold)
· English language requirement (Partners and Parents).
· Children/Adopted Children
· Adult dependent relatives

We are not able to answer general customer enquiries. If you do have a general enquiry, you may find information on our website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... migration/

You may find the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and links to guidance useful. Please note: if your enquiry is answered by this information, you will not receive a separate reply from this mailbox.

Links to Guidance

1. Family Members – Transitional Arrangements
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... fore9july/

2. Family Members – Financial Requirement
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. English Language requirement for Leave to Remain as a Family Member
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

FAQs

Question: An applicant was granted leave onto the family route before the 9 July 2012 change to the Immigration Rules. Do they need to meet the new Rules in Appendix FM at their extension application?

Answer: No, anyone granted leave on the basis of the Rules in place before 9 July 2012 will need to meet those Rules when applying for further leave or ILR. Please see the Transitional Arrangements guidance on our website.

Question: Do all dependants of PBS Migrants who have been granted ILR need to apply for LTR as the Partner of a settled person?

Answer: This will depend on how the PBS Migrant applied for ILR. If they were granted on the basis of being a PBS Migrant (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) then their dependants will not need to switch and can apply for an extension as a PBS dependant until they meet the requirements for ILR themselves

If the PBS Migrant applied for ILR under the Long Residency provision, then their dependants are no longer considered as PBS Dependants and must apply for LTR are the Partner of a settled person on application form FLR (M).

Question: What applicants need to meet the English language requirement for Partners and Parents?

Answer: Applicant need to meet this requirement if they are applying for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain (LTR) as a Partner or Parent of a settled person on a 5 year route to settlement. They can meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
· By passing an acceptable test at a minimum level of A1 of the Common European framework of Reference (CEFR) with an approved provider; or
· By being a national of a majority English speaking country; or
· By having an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Masters degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English.

Question: Is the English language requirement for Partners and Parents the same as the Knowledge of Language and Life (KOLL) requirement for settlement and citizenship?

Answer: No, this is a separate requirement and asks for a different level of English. Passing the Life in the UK test does not count towards the English language requirement.

Question: An applicant needs to meet a qualifying period before applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). When does this begin?

Answer: If they entered the route overseas, the qualifying period will begin when they arrived in the UK. If they ‘switched’ into the route within the UK, the qualifying period begins on the date they were granted leave.

Question: Do dependants of PBS Migrants who apply for LTR as the Partner of a settled person begin their qualifying period again?

Answer: If the applicant was granted leave as a dependant before 9 July 2012 and were on a route to settlement (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) they can combine their leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the Partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287. All other applicants must start the qualifying period again.

Thank you
Family Operational Policy Team

hefty_wait
Newly Registered

Post by hefty_wait » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Dear all,

From reading several posts; my understanding is that UKBA sends the ILR Biometric Card with DX and the application documents plus approval letter by standard post.

How can I find out about the DX delivery ? For example, to make sure that the delivery is made to an address other than the application home address (such as work address). Please correct me if my assumption on the DX delivery is wrong.

Regards,

Hefty

jonny31
Newly Registered

Post by jonny31 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:25 pm

I applied on 7th Jan. Nervous As hell.

Hopefully its soon.....

I spoke to DX today, you can't redirect it to another address

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm

hey jonny,

Did u sent a return envelope with your application. If u did u can check with reference number....

jonny31 wrote:I applied on 7th Jan. Nervous As hell.

Hopefully its soon.....

Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 visa expiring in 2016. I have applied for SET(LR) and my timeline is as follows. I am also going to apply FLR(M) for my wife before 6th April.

Application Sent: 24/03/2014
Payment Taken out: 26/03/2014
Ackn letter: waiting
Bio Invitation Letter:
Biometrics enrolled:
Approval:
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

jonny31
Newly Registered

Post by jonny31 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Yup I did. Still not gone through the post. Been checking every hour.

The call to DX was more hopeful than anything else.
KashRIz wrote:hey jonny,

Did u sent a return envelope with your application. If u did u can check with reference number....

Hopefully its soon.....

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:16 pm

I am in same situation in my last visa this reference worked after 10 pm. So do check after 10pm every night.
jonny31 wrote:Yup I did. Still not gone through the post. Been checking every hour.

The call to DX was more hopeful than anything else.
KashRIz wrote:hey jonny,

Hopefully its soon.....

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm

TO all Dear friends,

i received my approval letter on 01-04-2014, and today i booked SET(M) appointment in Liverpool PEO on 04-04-2014 in morning time. i am still waiting for BRP, hope will receive in next couple of days otherwise we will apply SET(M) on approval letter. just filled both forms (SETM & FLRM) and we will try SETM 1st.....let c wat is going to b happen......i will post my experience straightway ....

Many thanks once again to SSWSZ and other forum members for ur help...

Regards

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 am

TO All PBS Dependants, REMINDER

if you waiting for your partner ILR on long residency or been approved....please MUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT apply FLR(M) before 05-04-2014.................otherwise you have to wait another 5 years before to apply settlement.

thankxxxxx

Escaped
Newly Registered

Post by Escaped » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 am

Dear All Members,

I am silent reader of this forum and I would like to share a very good for January applications that I have collected my documents from Post Office with approval letter. Alhamdulilah I am so happy. Below is my time line.
Application Sent: 06/01/2014
Ackn Received on: 10/01/2014 Dated: 0801/2014
Bio Invt Received: 21/01/2014 and given on same day
Approval Date: 2903/2014
Documents collected from post office this morning with approval letter & waiting for BRP delivery. I wish you all the best. :D :D

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:10 am

Escaped wrote:Dear All Members,

I am silent reader of this forum and I would like to share a very good for January applications that I have collected my documents from Post Office with approval letter. Alhamdulilah I am so happy. Below is my time line.
Application Sent: 06/01/2014
Ackn Received on: 10/01/2014 Dated: 0801/2014
Bio Invt Received: 21/01/2014 and given on same day
Approval Date: 2903/2014
Documents collected from post office this morning with approval letter & waiting for BRP delivery. I wish you all the best. :D :D
Congrats and enjoy your freedom & pray for us good news for JAN applicants.....

hefty_wait
Newly Registered

Post by hefty_wait » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 am

Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of the this form and I would like to share my timeline with you. My ILR Application Based on 10 Years Long Residence has been APPROVED ! Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

*****My Timeline (8 years student + 2 years PSW - all previous applications on time with no gaps or breaks)*****
ILR Application Sent: 06/01/2014
ILR Application Received at UKBA: 07/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter dated: 08/01/2014
Application Fees Withdrawn by UKBA: 09/01/2014
Biometric Invite: 17/01/2014
Biometric Enrolled: 18/01/2014
Approval AND Documents: 2 April 2014 (letter dated 31st of March 2014)

*** Documents Sent********
2 x Passport covering 10 years
1 x Covering letter
1x Additional document listing the location of the entry/departure stamps to/from the UK on my passport for the entire 10 years period.
1 x Life in the UK certificate
1 x Undergraduate degree
2 x University letters confirming my student status for 8 years (stating the successful completion of the undergraduate and PhD studies) and employers letters covering the remaining two years.
1 x Bank letter confirming that I had an active account in the UK for the best of the10 years period.
1x Copy of all the above documents.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 am

hefty_wait wrote:Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of the this form and I would like to share my timeline with you. My ILR Application Based on 10 Years Long Residence has been APPROVED ! Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

*****My Timeline (8 years student + 2 years PSW - all previous applications on time with no gaps or breaks)*****

1 x Covering letter
1x Additional document listing the location of the entry/departure stamps to/from the UK on my passport for the entire 10 years period.
1 x Undergraduate degree
2 x University letters confirming my student status for 8 years (stating the successful completion of the undergraduate and PhD studies) and employers letters covering the remaining two years.
1 x Bank letter confirming that I had an active account in the UK for the best of the10 years period.
congratulation.. added on skydrive for others. already 4 out of 23 Jan applicants completed

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 am

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... yn6R3aFEbv

Guys if any one looking for sky drive link it's the one above.
Every little help as we continue the wait.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 am

Hi many congrats
What do you mean by application fees withdrawn by UKBA?
Thanks

1 x Covering letter
1 x Undergraduate degree

hefty_wait
Newly Registered

Post by hefty_wait » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 am

prem_singh123 wrote:Hi many congrats
What do you mean by application fees withdrawn by UKBA?
Thanks

I entered my debit card details into the application form (chosen payment method is by card) and the UKBA charged the application fees to my bank account on 09/01/2014.

1 x Covering letter
1 x Undergraduate degree

TTP
Newly Registered

Post by TTP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:30 am

Hi ,

Congrats ! Have you received your BRP ? I have been waiting over a month now :(

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 am

I hope by this time next week I will have good news.....HO keep up with speed.....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 am

maaan143 wrote:TO All PBS Dependants, REMINDER

if you waiting for your partner ILR on long residency or been approved....please MUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT apply FLR(M) before 05-04-2014.................otherwise you have to wait another 5 years before to apply settlement.

thankxxxxx
Hi Maaan143,
Congrates on your ILR, and all the best with your Mrs SET(M) application. I hope it all goes smooth. And thanks for the advice, I just send out my Mrs and kids FLR(M) application through post. It is such a big goal shift from the Home Office. I hope others could beat the deadline and send or apply their's by the 05th April 2014. All the best again.
Kind regards
Shah
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Please can some one help me regarding my wife FLR(M) application. I have recently got ILR on long residency and want to apply for my wife FLRM before 6 April. which option shall i choose in section 2.2 and 2.3 in FLR M form. Please also confirm do I need to send my original biometric card and passport or photocopy of my passport and biometric card will be acceptable for FLR M application ? Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 am

I of my friend got flr in Cardiff peo without showing financial threshold .hubby got ILR due to long residency and wife was on tier 1 visa .
ss

jonny31
Newly Registered

Post by jonny31 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:38 pm

It's on the way!!! I will know tomorrow

Documents sent: 07/01/2014
Acknowledgement: 09/01/2014

Biometric letter sent: 24/01/2014
Biometric arrived: 29/01/2014
Biometric done: 30/01/2014

Processed: 02/04/2014 (Don't know approval or refusal).