ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rented to Housing association in Scotland

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benneviss

Rented to Housing association in Scotland

Post by benneviss » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 am

Hi ,

I am renting out property from local housing association . Before I signed the tenancy I did research and found out that Housing association are not like local council and they are not subject to immigration rules.

As Housing associations are not subject to the exclusion on granting tenancies to persons subject to immigration control (see section 118 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, which
applies in Scotland only to local authorities) they do not need to consider nationality
or immigration status and can allocate homes to any person.”

My questions are :-

Anyone has obtained visa while being a tenant of HA ?
Do I need to put all act , rules & explanation with my Set(o) form ?

Any reply would be appreciated .

TTOE

Re: Rented to Housing association in Scotland

Post by TTOE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:01 am

benneviss wrote:Hi ,

I am renting out property from local housing association . Before I signed the tenancy I did research and found out that Housing association are not like local council and they are not subject to immigration rules.

As Housing associations are not subject to the exclusion on granting tenancies to persons subject to immigration control (see section 118 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, which
applies in Scotland only to local authorities) they do not need to consider nationality
or immigration status and can allocate homes to any person.”

My questions are :-

Anyone has obtained visa while being a tenant of HA ?
Do I need to put all act , rules & explanation with my Set(o) form ?

Any reply would be appreciated .
Do you need to spell out who your landlord is in your application? What or how does who you rent a house from matter, for as long as you pay proper rent to your landlord?

benneviss

Re: Rented to Housing association in Scotland

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 am

Hi TTOE ,

Thanks for your reply . I am paying my rent and always in credit (few quids) . I will attach my rent statement .