ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Liverpool Success Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp) with Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahjee11

PEO Liverpool Success Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp) with Dependant

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 am

Hello folks,

just to share my experience with you all, my ILR application was approved at Liverpool PEO yesterday with 1 dependant. The whole process took about 3 hrs but the case worker only took half an hour to deal with my application as I could see him doing all the checks, photocopying necessary documents as I did not provide any.

My case was part employed and part self employed (purely) working as sole trader. Please see the documents list below.

1.SET O
2.Passports + BRP cards (for both of us) including photocopies
3.Salary Slips for the last 12 months
4.Letter from my employer confirming the authenticity of my online payslips
5.Personal Bank A/c statements for salary
6.Letter from my accountant
7.Business Accounts (P&L statament)
8.Invoices & Receipts
9.Business Bank A/c statements
10.HMRC letters re my self emp status, class 2 NIC bilss etc
11.LIUK test pass certificates for both of us
12.Dependant's original degree from abroad with marks sheet, letter from the university confirming the medium of instuction was English, UKNARIC comparability letter. Also submitted an expired IELTS in addition to the above.
13.Cohabitation Evidence (Submitted various documents including council tax annual bills, bank statements, salary slips, utility bills under both of our names covering the last 2 years)

I did not provide any letter for my absences as they were only less than 100 days in the last 5 years. I just declared them in the application form. I also did not submit any previous tax returns or P60s as I know they can check this information anyway through their gateways. I had no issues with my tax bills throughout so in a sense, it was pretty straight forward.

The case worker did not even open the folder of cohabitation evidence documents as I said everything was almost done in front of me. All in all a very good experience at Liverpool PEO first time and worth paying more to avoid the long wait and stress.

Now waiting for BRPs. Wish you all good luck with your applications :)

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Re: PEO Liverpool Success Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp) with Depend

Post by smartkhan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:44 am

Hi,

Congrats!!!

Did you go on car? Where did you park? Is there any car parking place nearby?

Regards,

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 am

Hi,

I went by train actually, had to stay over the night. But I could see car parks near by the office in the radius of say 5 minutes walk? I dont know how much their charges are to be honest

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:59 am

smartkhan wrote:Hi,

Congrats!!!

Did you go on car? Where did you park? Is there any car parking place nearby?

Regards,

You could check NCP car park website , it will show all parking station with charges .

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

Congrats for your visa.

I was just wondering , how did you feel when you came out of PEO ? ( No need to answer this but we will discuss our feelings when I am done.) I have an appointment very soon at Liverpool . So here few questions if you could answer .

1. Could you please elaborate "Gateway" CW uses to check your tax history with HMRC?
2. I have income from employment and self-employment throughout five years . I have paid all my tax to HMRC when I had an extension ( no discrepancy) however there was a discrepancy when I had an initial approval in 2009 . That has been rectified and tax+penalties paid . Could you please advice whether I should submit my 2009 and 2012 tax returns with the application or leave it to CW to check him/her self. I know there is no clear cut answer but your experience might help to understand the working of P

Your answers will be highly appreciated

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 am

Hi,
I was feeling alright to be honest although a bit anxious due to the fact that they can refer your application for further checks.

Gateway is actually an arrangement set up between government departments for the purpose of sharing/gathering information. I know as I work for the Queen too :)

On your note about attaching tax returns, I would say no. Keep them with you if you like and can hand them in if asked. My approach is always keeping things simple as you can see from my documents list

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 am

congratz shahjee11

I have also booked an appointment at Liverpool, as this is my first time for PEO, there is one thing which is confusing me in the payment summary PDF.

it asked 2 things - which form are you using to make application - I replied SET(O), then it asked which category are you applying for (so I presume they are asking my current category), so I replied Tier 1 General.

it says in the PDF

Which application form are you using to make your application - SET(O)

Which category of leave are you applying for - Tier 1 General

I'm getting confused from the phrase, like it should say which category are you applying FROM, not applying for.

So, is it just normal UKBA text?

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 am

Hi, thats just normal. You are doing the right thing. SET O and then Tier 1 G. I know it looks confusing but you will be fine. Thanks v much and good luck with your application

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 am

Dear Shahjee ,

Thanks for your quick response. You are right on saying that we should keep it simple as possible.

Could you please further advice on receipts you mentioned on your documents slips ? What are they ?

I have issued invoices to my client and he paid me through cheques but did not give me a letter confirming any payments . Would it be a problem , then ?

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks dear for asking ,

I had same query and now it is clear from Shahjee's answer .

quote="ferryahmed82"]congratz shahjee11

I have also booked an appointment at Liverpool, as this is my first time for PEO, there is one thing which is confusing me in the payment summary PDF.

it asked 2 things - which form are you using to make application - I replied SET(O), then it asked which category are you applying for (so I presume they are asking my current category), so I replied Tier 1 General.

it says in the PDF

Which application form are you using to make your application - SET(O)

Which category of leave are you applying for - Tier 1 General

I'm getting confused from the phrase, like it should say which category are you applying FROM, not applying for.

So, is it just normal UKBA text?[/quote]

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 am

Hi again, Receipts are not necessary its just the way I operate my business. I issue an invoice giving the client 7 days to make payment. When the payment is paid in my account, I then issue a receipt on that date confirming the payment has been received.

You are welcome and feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

forgot to say that letter from client is not necessary and should not be a problem. Even if you do get it, it will not stop them making further checks if they want. As I said, the simpler the better :)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks again .

Yes , I could issue receipts and would be matched with bank statements and tax return .

I would appreciate if you could PM me one receipt format.

shahjee11 wrote:Hi again, Receipts are not necessary its just the way I operate my business. I issue an invoice giving the client 7 days to make payment. When the payment is paid in my account, I then issue a receipt on that date confirming the payment has been received.

You are welcome and feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

JAH

Post by JAH » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Mubarak ho .....many congratulations brother

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Shukria JAH :)

Got our BRPs today all fine. Thanks very much all and good luck to whoever is applying

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi Benneviss, could you please tell me how to attach a file with a PM? see I am not very good at the techy stuff :)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:09 pm

I think it would be easier to upload in main forum if you are Ok with it.