ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Co-habitation documents required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leodev2009
Newly Registered

Co-habitation documents required?

Post by Leodev2009 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:53 pm

We are due for ILR soon, my wife entered UK with me, we had one Tier 1 extension in UK. She was in India for 6 months in between. Do we need to prove co-habitation and submit co-habitation documents?

uday2509

Re: Co-habitation documents required?

Post by uday2509 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 am

Yes you need the proof from minimum 3 or 4 sources covering for 6 months each for last 2 years.

lemony

Post by lemony » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 am

Hello,
Sorry for barging in this post. I have an identical question.
We are due for ILR application in Oct 2014. My question is regarding these cohabitation documents. Can I show evidence for cohabitation ( bills, bank statement with same address etc) for myself and spouse from Oct 2012 to Oct 2014 period? Or do I have to show from Oct 2009 (the 1st time when Tier 1 was granted to us) to Oct 2014 entire period? We have been together for this entire period, needless to say.
Also we have purchased a property in joint name. Will that be counted as a proof?
Many thanks.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 am

lemony wrote:Hello,
Sorry for barging in this post. I have an identical question.
We are due for ILR application in Oct 2014. My question is regarding these cohabitation documents. Can I show evidence for cohabitation ( bills, bank statement with same address etc) for myself and spouse from Oct 2012 to Oct 2014 period? Or do I have to show from Oct 2009 (the 1st time when Tier 1 was granted to us) to Oct 2014 entire period? We have been together for this entire period, needless to say.
Also we have purchased a property in joint name. Will that be counted as a proof?
Many thanks.
Two years period should suffice and again from your post, looks like you have more than enough supporting docs to satisfy this requirement.

Leodev2009
Newly Registered

Post by Leodev2009 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:37 pm

I have only council tax bill with joint name of my spouse. No other documents of co habitation are avaialble.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 pm

When was your spouse last granted leave?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.