ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Of Marriage in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prem

Notice Of Marriage in India

Post by Prem » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:20 am

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone, who has got married in India can advise me.

I will be getting married In South India, in about 4 months time, I am a British Citizen & my wife to be is an Indian Citizen.

My marriage will be in a registry office in South India but would we need to give 30 days notice according to "The Special Marriage Act 1954".

This only cropped up because my brother is getting married in the Uk next week and he had to give notice, is it the same in India?

Would be grateful if anyone can comment who has been in a similar position.

Thanks for your time :D

Prem

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Notice Of Marriage in India

Post by olisun » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:25 am

Prem wrote:Hiya

Just wondering if anyone, who has got married in India can advise me.

I will be getting married In South India, in about 4 months time, I am a British Citizen & my wife to be is an Indian Citizen.

My marriage will be in a registry office in South India but would we need to give 30 days notice according to "The Special Marriage Act 1954".

This only cropped up because my brother is getting married in the Uk next week and he had to give notice, is it the same in India?

Would be grateful if anyone can comment who has been in a similar position.

Thanks for your time :D

Prem
Yes, I had to give a notice of 1 month as well and that so in Bombay