ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could moderators pls tell me.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

could moderators pls tell me.

Post by smiles345 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:33 am

my wife applying spouse visa in india soon. she need to complete her studies one more year. how long she can stay in india after getting the visa stamped? does she need to travel in 6 months time. or is it possible for her to come after one year of study? is there any rule that person need to come in certain period after the approvel

pls help

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:52 am

Your in a similar position to me.

You can only apply for the Spouse Visa 3 months before your intended travel date to the UK, and you have to enter the Uk within 28 days of the start date of the Visa.

I will be married on Dec 3rd, but due to studies my wife will only be able to apply next year, when i travel to India as well, to bring her back.

Question you maybe able to answer for me, did you have to give a notice period before you got married in India and what documents did you have to show.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 pm

i dont think its true that visa holder need to travel in 28 days time. i know people who got spouse visa travelled after this 28 days time and there wasnt any problem.

documents u need to show-:

6 months bank statement
last 6 months pay slips
tenancy agreement
marraige certificate
marriage photo

what is the notice u are talking about?

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:11 pm

"28 days" i read it on the Ukvisas website, I'll try have a search and post a link when i get home.

The notice period I'm talking about is in this thread below have a read please Smile:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17232

Cheers

Prem