ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent OCI Questions

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier_2_applicant

Urgent OCI Questions

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi All,

I am about to apply for OCI for my wife, daughter and myself.
Could someone please help me with the following questions:
1. I understand that we need to provide two sets of forms. Do we need two sets of attachments also?
2. Do I need to attach self attested copies of passport surrender certificates also, or just the originals will suffice?
3. Do I need to attach copies of surrendered India passport also?

Thanks for your kind help.

ban.s

Re: Urgent OCI Questions

Post by ban.s » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:01 pm

1. attachments? i presume supporting docs? if yes, then one set of docs
2. both original and signed photocopy - original will be returned after inspection
3. not needed

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks a lot ban.s.

Yes I meant supporting docs.

Two more questions:

1. Do I need to include one copy of Form B per person, or one for the whole family? I thought its one for the whole family however, Birmingham consulate website (http://cgibirmingham.org/page/display/10/67) says "separate copy of part B is required for every applicant even if it is a family application."

2. How strict are they regarding children's thumb impressions? I tried taking the left thumb impression of my three year old but it looks more like a big black dot than a finger print. Will it be OK?

Thanks for your kind help.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi,

Could someone please help me with the questions above.

Thanks.

SANB
Newly Registered

Post by SANB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Today I went to CGI Birmingham to submit OCI applications for family of 4 (2 adults and 2kids). Here are details from my experience.
1) After filling form A and B online take print out of both A and B forms (full). If you are applying for family of 4, then generated form will have Form A for each applicant and only one Form-B for all . You need to separate Form-A for each applicant and duplicate form-B for all applicants (arrange your documents as specified below). Otherwise they will send you back to arrange them.
i.e
Adult-1: Form A for Adult 1+ Form-B (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1)
Adult-2: Form A for Adult 2+ Form-B (copy of same) (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2)
Minor-1:Form A for Minor 1+ Form-B (copy of same) (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1(father) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2(mother) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Minor-1)
Minor-2:Form A for Minor2+ Form-B (copy of same)(attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1(father) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2(mother) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Minor-1)
Only one photo attached on Photo. It's very very busy in CGI Birmingham office. They are not getting not much time to check all application and thumb impression details. I understand if any issue with thumb impression New Delhi office will inform to applicant. We tried when kid was sleeping and it came ok. Attachments details given on CGI Bmham website is bit vague and seems processing not consistent with other embassies.

dino2296
Newly Registered

Post by dino2296 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Birmingham staff are rude, ignorant, arrogant,corrupt, unhelpful, dis organised and look for any excuse to turn people away, thus lazy.The person in charge should be ashamed and embarrassed of the shambles he is in charge of, no other organisation or business could, would and does not operate so badly and get away with it.

SANB wrote:Today I went to CGI Birmingham to submit OCI applications for family of 4 (2 adults and 2kids). Here are details from my experience.
1) After filling form A and B online take print out of both A and B forms (full). If you are applying for family of 4, then generated form will have Form A for each applicant and only one Form-B for all . You need to separate Form-A for each applicant and duplicate form-B for all applicants (arrange your documents as specified below). Otherwise they will send you back to arrange them.
i.e
Adult-1: Form A for Adult 1+ Form-B (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1)
Adult-2: Form A for Adult 2+ Form-B (copy of same) (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2)
Minor-1:Form A for Minor 1+ Form-B (copy of same) (attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1(father) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2(mother) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Minor-1)
Minor-2:Form A for Minor2+ Form-B (copy of same)(attachements: Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-1(father) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Adult-2(mother) + Naturalisation Certificate, Surrender Certificate, UK Passport Photo Page, Indian Passport Last and First Pages of Minor-1)
Only one photo attached on Photo. It's very very busy in CGI Birmingham office. They are not getting not much time to check all application and thumb impression details. I understand if any issue with thumb impression New Delhi office will inform to applicant. We tried when kid was sleeping and it came ok. Attachments details given on CGI Bmham website is bit vague and seems processing not consistent with other embassies.