ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sabidh12

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by sabidh12 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Hello everybody
What i can understand about these changes is that on or after 6 april, if u will apply flrm then u will have to wait 5 years for settlement. But if u were pbs dependent prior to 9 july 2012 and u will apply flrm after 6 april, then u will have to wait 2 years. Those who have applied or granted flrm before 6 april need not to worry. Lets see what would happen 2morrow.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

One more thing i want to share with all is that for english language requirement, we used her ILETS expiry certificate. Also her foreign degree was recognised on pbs calculator and we used its printouts. She has been granted flrm without any objection.

chucklee
Newly Registered

Post by chucklee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi everyone ,
I would like to ask that
1- If a person is granted Discretionery leave on human rights for six months before 9th July 2012 and he applies FLR on expiry which is refused and on appeal he is given 2.5 years DLR so as he was granted DLR before 9th July, Will he be able to apply for ILR after six years according to the rules prior to 9th July 2012.
2- If a person is due for ILR on basis of 10 years rule and his Discretiionery leave is expiring after the date when he is eligible for ILR Will he be able to apply for ILR before the expiry of his Discretionery leave
Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Guys New application form for FLR (m) is updated at HO Website. I dont see any change except fee. It still has got exemption for MAINTENANCE under part 8....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

allwell46

Post by allwell46 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:05 am

You are right, you still only need to fulfil the maintenance not financial requirements. Please seniors and gurus shed some lights what has actually changed.

KashRIz wrote:Guys New application form for FLR (m) is updated at HO Website. I dont see any change except fee. It still has got exemption for MAINTENANCE under part 8....

allwell46

Post by allwell46 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 am

What s this FLR(LR), sound funny, Further leave to remain on long residency ?????

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 am

allwell46 wrote:You are right, you still only need to fulfil the maintenance not financial requirements. Please seniors and gurus shed some lights what has actually changed.

KashRIz wrote:Guys New application form for FLR (m) is updated at HO Website. I dont see any change except fee. It still has got exemption for MAINTENANCE under part 8....
HO has not made any changes in Part 8.....

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks Shah. Let's now see what actually happens on 6th April. My biggest fear is that they might say that applications which were asked to be put on hold will come under new rule. Just playing devil's advocate here!

Did you submit English test certificate or you are in the same boat as me?[/quote]

Hi,

My SET(LR) application is in pending. I have just applied FLR(M) for my wife.
I attached pass letter for her English Test and certificate is yet to come. I'll send it later once received.
I have also kept her previous passport that she will need it for her Life in UK Test as proof of ID.
I have explained it in additional information.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,

I can't see any changes to part 8 and transitional rules. Not sure if they are not changing it or it's just the website which hasn't been updated.

Malik

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 am

Thank you, Hardikjshah83
You mean that I (example) apply for the student's visa, than it takes some days for payment transactions, than i recieve the invitation for biometric - I will take it in 3 weeks - and that they consider my application. I should call or send the letter to HO to switch the application from the students to ILR?
Thank you in advance for any feedback
Hardikjshah83 wrote:
M2013 wrote: Is it possible to get the General visitor visa and than to apply for 10 years residence? I have got some doubts regarding our chance to prolong Tier 1 on February 15, 2015. Or any other options, please advice.
M2013 wrote: My first visa was issued on January 11, 2005 -> I arrived on April 17, 2005.
2) Do you think I have a chance? Otherwise my last visa expires on February 17, 2015 and I need to prolong it and than apply on April 17, 2015.
Hi.
I think you should apply for some other cats gory and make sure your application is IN TIME application.i doubt you can have a general visitor visa specially from within the country. I suggest you should apply for some other catagory. Also please note you are only short from 17th feb 2015 to 18/19 march. As you will qualify to apply ILR 28 Days before your valid 10 yr finishes. I think you should consult some solicitor to explore the options for which they may change about 50-100 pound but you will get better picture and idea.
In theory you are short of 1 month only. In any other catagory you apply. You can then vary your application in most cases before you do your biometric for the interim application.
Hope this makes sense.
Good luck.

shantha

Post by shantha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:05 pm

allwell46 wrote:What s this FLR(LR), sound funny, Further leave to remain on long residency ?????

This application for who ever completed 10 years residency and couldn't provide sufficient knowledge and language in the UK (English and Life in the UK test certificates) and expires visa before applying ILR to get leave to remain until pass those exams. You will get 2 years leave to remain with previous visa conditions.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 pm

hello guys

I have sent my FLR(M) form on friday 04/04/14 by special delivery.I was tracking special delivery and find this message on Royal mail website

'' Your item with reference AExxxxxx has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.''

Her application is consider to be submitted on 04/04/1 even though they will receive on 07/04/14??

Can someone plz reply

Thanks

moonway

Post by moonway » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 pm

If you send your application form and application fee by post, the date of application is the date of posting. This is decided by the postmark. If the postmark is illegible or missing, the date of postage is taken as being at least 1 day before it is received by us.

If you send your application form and application fee by courier, the date of application is the date when it is delivered to our payment handling service

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:41 pm

moonway wrote:If you send your application form and application fee by post, the date of application is the date of posting. This is decided by the postmark. If the postmark is illegible or missing, the date of postage is taken as being at least 1 day before it is received by us.

If you send your application form and application fee by courier, the date of application is the date when it is delivered to our payment handling service
thanks for your reply

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi every one

Any news which change came to the dependent of long residency base candidate where dependant came 9 years ago and is tier 1 general dependant.

Plz update us

And what is this flr (fm)

Shah

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi
Where are seniors members Amber, Vinny and etc please tell us about the rules which came today. what about Dependents before 9th July 2012 and what about after 9th July 2012 also about threshold please clarify in simple words, who has ILR on 10 years basis.

thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:09 pm

KashRIz wrote:
shahsahab wrote:Thanks

I think you have not read my post completely if I apply her flrm then five years waiting for her . Because after 6 apr 14 she can not combine her previous stay with flrm.

And plz let me know is it necessary to apply her flrm after maximum

I know this is confusing. Any help will be appreciated

Shah
All I am saying is you have to apply for her Flr(m) within 28 days of ur SET (lr) approval & once her 10 years of lawful residency are completed you can apply for Her SET (lr).
Hi Shahsahab,
I would agree with KashRiz, the answer to your initial question is that she has to apply for the FLR(M) with in 28 days of you getting your ILR under 10 years long residency on SET(LR).
You have got two clear choices firstly as you were saying you will be able to apply in August under 10 years longtime residency for your ILR, you either apply in time and the time line for the ILR on SET(LR) is around 3-4 months, hence thinking positive you gets your ILR in November. Now leave your wife application for 28 days and apply in December, I would say it will take her probably 2-3 months to get a positive answer and get her FLR(M), by that time you are already in February so you wait for another two months and apply for her ILR on 10 years long residency through SET(LR).
The second way is also quite clear, but you need to be a bit crafty to save your self some money by applying you SET(LR) a bit later than August, I would say apply in November or December, considering 3-4 months time line, by the time they decide your application you will already be in the month of March. If by March you have got your reply fine, otherwise in the beginning of March you apply you wife FLR(M) with a covering letter that your wife will provide further details about the sponsor's (YOUR) ILR details as soon as it is received, and would request to put her application on hold till you SET(LR) application is decided. By the time they take the payment for her application for FLR(M) and send her the request for recording her biometric you are talking at least 20-25 days, you are already in the month of April, give it another week and she will reach her 10 years residency. At that point send a new application for SET(LR) with a covering letter that you want to vary the grounds that she is applying under, as during the application process for her FLR(M) her time for SET(LR) is complete hence making her eligible to apply for that and lawfully ask the Home Office to vary her case from FLR(m) to SET(LR), you can ask for the fee refund for the initial FLR(M) at a later date and just pay another fee for her SET(LR) application. This way you save your self some money and make sure that she reaches her SET(LR) time without taking a lot of risk. I hope it all make sense.
Senior members and gurus are welcome to reflect on this. Thanks.
Kind regard
Shah jee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Dear friends,

i think we have a good news about pbs dependants,

Home office admitted that and saying

"As this Statement of Changes amends the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules
HC 1138, laid on 13 March 2014 and due to come into force from 6 April 2014, it is
not possible to give the usual 21 days notice of these changes".

so Document HC 1138 has not been implemented ...

correct me if i m wrong....

thnxxxx

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:56 pm

maaan143 wrote:Dear friends,

i think we have a good news about pbs dependants,

Home office admitted that and saying

"As this Statement of Changes amends the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules
HC 1138, laid on 13 March 2014 and due to come into force from 6 April 2014, it is
not possible to give the usual 21 days notice of these changes".

so Document HC 1138 has not been implemented ...

correct me if i m wrong....

thnxxxx
I can see some immigration rule parts:1,6,6A & 9 have been updated. They were part of HC1138 but no changes have been made to part 8 and transitional rules. Appendix FM has also been changed.

Not sure what is going on. It could be that it is taking some time to update all the docs on HO site or maybe they had a change of heart and decided not to change part 8.

Can a senior member please comment on what changes they think have been made re PBS dependants?

Regards
Malik

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks shah jee

Yes it makes sense , u explained in a very good way. I understand most of it now. But one thing I ll have to show 18600 salary for my wife's flrm which I can't show at the moment. That 's the reason I want to take long residence for mg self .

Once again thanx shah gee

Your help is appreciated

Jazakallah

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Another week & Another hope....Hoping for good news this week....just cant wait now..

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi
I just have received my ILR and wish to apply my uk born children registration on mn1 form and submitting following docs with application plz advice if anything more I need to send
Original Child all passport
Original child birth certificates
Original child current brp cards
Child one Picts pasted where refree singed
Photocopy of my ILR brp as I m traveling don't want to send original
Photocopy of my current pasport

I am confused that they just need one picture as normally they ask for two and I could not find the new payment slip as I have to apply for two kids and finally are HO accept just simple photocopy or needs to go for NCS or from solicitors
Kindly just advice me if am wrong
Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 am

Flr(M) new rule
Some people say its not implemented yet because the forms still have old rules.

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 am

Hi everyone, I have received my BRP card today. Best of luck to everyone here. :)

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 am

arashmg wrote:Hi everyone, I have received my BRP card today. Best of luck to everyone here. :)
All the best for the future.........

Enjoy your ILR