ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost my sons birth certificate

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

b.Ali
Newly Registered

lost my sons birth certificate

Post by b.Ali » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:25 pm

hi
I just have realised that i have lost my son's birth certificate some where. I am all prepared to submit my dependent visa application.
Is it ok to submit birth certificates copies mentioning the original ones are lost and i have applied for new certificate or should i wait for new certificate to be issued. my son was born in Uk but now we are in pakistan at the moment.
Any suggestions?.

Mr Legal

Re: lost my sons birth certificate

Post by Mr Legal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:43 am

I can get your point but it will not add that much to your son application as you think and as you are now outside the UK ,you need to apply for entry clearance for your child and as per rules you must meet the requirments whether your dependant/minor child was born outside or in the uk .Providing copy of birth certificate cannot disentitle your child from getting visa as long as you have valid visa to enter the UK and have further met all other dependant applicant's requirements.,you may submit your dependant application with required docs outside the UK.
The copy of birth certificate will help in processing your child application but make sure you have provided lost report and correspondence with the relevant authority for re-issuance/duplicate certificate alongwith the copy of birth certificate.That's it and further you may know what other requirments you have to meet for your child.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.