ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ankush
Newly Registered

language requirement

Post by ankush » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 am

Hi
I am preparing to apply for citizenship but I'd like to know more about the language.
I have passed the life in the uk. now here is my question,
{}I have foundation degree from kingston university taught in english will that satisfy the language requirement? or which test do I need to take?

Thanks

little_brain

Re: language requirement

Post by little_brain » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 am

I don't mean to be rude but there are at least 2 guidance documents in plain sight on the homeoffice website that answer your question and even on the form where they ask for English Language proof of proficiency will answer your question in a heartbeat.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

little_brain wrote:I don't mean to be rude but there are at least 2 guidance documents in plain sight on the homeoffice website that answer your question and even on the form where they ask for English Language proof of proficiency will answer your question in a heartbeat.
well may be it is still rude when instrucitons are passed without facts!! There are atleast 5 cases reported from March 3rd week in this forum when UKBA have not cared for what is written in their guidelines and asking for more documents and one has resulted in rejection meaning £1000 in the drain!!

It is a complete confusion and chaos now. Those guidelines have become joke and so at this stage, people would ask these questions!!

little_brain

Post by little_brain » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm

akash08 wrote:
little_brain wrote:I don't mean to be rude but there are at least 2 guidance documents in plain sight on the homeoffice website that answer your question and even on the form where they ask for English Language proof of proficiency will answer your question in a heartbeat.
well may be it is still rude when instrucitons are passed without facts!! There are atleast 5 cases reported from March 3rd week in this forum when UKBA have not cared for what is written in their guidelines and asking for more documents and one has resulted in rejection meaning £1000 in the drain!!

It is a complete confusion and chaos now. Those guidelines have become joke and so at this stage, people would ask these questions!!
Well I don't represent home office mate and if you think they are rude, then better let them know, no point having a go at me. Also the wording of your question does sound like you are just asking without looking yourself so don't blame me for it, my response would be completely different if it was worded different.

5 cases, maybe, what became of 4 of them aside from the one that got rejected and on what other grounds apart from language requirements, but still my heart goes out to them, its such a waste of time and money. Someone asked the same thing yesterday, "but how can i prove it", there is no way around it but to communicate with them if they are in the wrong, unless one is the lord chief justice himself and has some weight in one's word. If there is any other guidance on language requirement, I would be happy and obliged if you could direct me to it...sounds fair eh ?