ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Refusal of my appeal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balaaal

Help with Refusal of my appeal

Post by balaaal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 am

hi
hope to get some help from think tanks as my case is complicated :(
Timeline
Applied in 200k route in 19 oct 2012
PSW expired 21 oct 2012
visa refused april 2013
appealed april 2013
hearing date 24 april 2014

Situation is that i wanted to adjourn the appeal as my documents were not ready and i want to go for fresh application in 50k route so i started maintainance funds for 90 days. my solicitor advised me to go the court on hearing day and ask for adjournment so that i can get some more time to maintain my funds. but Judge refused my application. Now i am waitng for my 90 days to be over for maintainance funds so i can make a fresh application

my question is how can i make an appeal to upper tribunal based on my situation and on what basis.

Thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Help with Refusal of my appeal

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 am

@ balaaal, you stated that your appeal hearing date is still 24/04/14, that's mean that you still have around 6weeks before the appeal decision will be delivered to you.

You also have another 2 - 3 months between FTT decision and UT decision, so all together you have got enough time to make plan for your fresh application if your appeal is not successful.

Meanwhile what are your refusal points?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

sorry my mistake
hearing date was 24 march 2014
i went on hearing alone according to solicitor instruction to ask for adjournment but judge refused the case as she said I had one year since my visa refusal to sort my documents

So i am ready to make a fresh application but i just need to prolong a little bit longer till my 90 days for maintainance funds are over
So on what basis i can apply to upper tribunal as i can only apply if previous judge made an error of law

thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

@ balaaal, what are your refusal points and what is the FTT judge decision?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:21 am

originally my visa was refused on the basis of bank not mentioning my name in the letter plus solicitor letter was missing.
My case wasnt strong thats the reason i wanted to prolong the FTT hearing date.