ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOEFL ibt is no longer acceptable

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monanaqvi101
Newly Registered

TOEFL ibt is no longer acceptable

Post by monanaqvi101 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Heads up people! I went to Croydon Council for my naturalization application and I was told that TOEFL ibt which i took for my ILR is no longer acceptable. I was shown an online statement on LSE website which read:

PLEASE NOTE: Following concerns about the security of tests administered by ETS, UK Visas & Immigration has suspended the consideration of all applications for temporary and indefinite leave to remain where the customer relies on tests administered by ETS to prove their English language ability. This includes the TOEFL. This refers to applications from people who are already in the UK only: For individuals who are both applying for a visa and testing outside the UK there is no change.
UK Visas & immigration have set up a helpline to assist people with a pending visa application who are relying on a test certificate or who were about to apply with such a certificate. These people may call +44 (0) 114 207 3463 if they have any further questions relating to this issue. LSE's advice is to take the IELTS if you have not already taken your English test. We will continue to monitor the situation and official guidance issued by UKVI.

I was told there was no point arguing about it even though TOEFL ibt is still coming up as acceptable on their website.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -tests.pdf (page 28)
I passed my O levels back in 1996 (India) but even that certificate is not acceptable. Need to fork out at least 125 more.

little_brain

Re: TOEFL ibt is no longer acceptable

Post by little_brain » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:34 pm

monanaqvi101 wrote:Heads up people! I went to Croydon Council for my naturalization application and I was told that TOEFL ibt which i took for my ILR is no longer acceptable. I was shown an online statement on LSE website which read:

PLEASE NOTE: Following concerns about the security of tests administered by ETS, UK Visas & Immigration has suspended the consideration of all applications for temporary and indefinite leave to remain where the customer relies on tests administered by ETS to prove their English language ability. This includes the TOEFL. This refers to applications from people who are already in the UK only: For individuals who are both applying for a visa and testing outside the UK there is no change.
UK Visas & immigration have set up a helpline to assist people with a pending visa application who are relying on a test certificate or who were about to apply with such a certificate. These people may call +44 (0) 114 207 3463 if they have any further questions relating to this issue. LSE's advice is to take the IELTS if you have not already taken your English test. We will continue to monitor the situation and official guidance issued by UKVI.

I was told there was no point arguing about it even though TOEFL ibt is still coming up as acceptable on their website.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -tests.pdf (page 28)
I passed my O levels back in 1996 (India) but even that certificate is not acceptable. Need to fork out at least 125 more.
Thanks for the heads up pal. I just wanted to know if its just for ILR or does it include Naturalisation applications as well. I have just read the statement on the LSE (LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS).

monanaqvi101
Newly Registered

Post by monanaqvi101 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey bud!
Unfortunately TOEFL IBT is invalid for any (settlement/naturalisation) application. However, if you are applying from outside UK then it's absolutely fine as Immigration department is satisfied that rest of the world is down right honest :D

Apology for bit of sarcasm. I am just furious that my O level certificate from University of Cambridge is not acceptable. It's not because English was spoken/written in a different way or the level was different back in 1996 but only because they have added few more freakin letters to the certificate.

Any who....good luck to everybody.

newwhatever
Newly Registered

Post by newwhatever » Fri May 02, 2014 5:58 am

Hi guys ,
Have a look here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests:

"UK Visas and Immigration are accepting visa applications which rely on an ETS certificate issued before the expiry of the licence was made public on 17 April. "

newwhatever
Newly Registered

Post by newwhatever » Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 am

I don't understand this :
"I was shown an online statement on LSE website which read:"

LSE is not official source for Home office and NCS.