ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from UK Boarder for days out of the uk?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

black_bird

letter from UK Boarder for days out of the uk?

Post by black_bird » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi, I was granted ILR in Jun 2013, about to apply for British Citizenship in 2 months time.

Question, I was told I could write to UK Boarder, and ask for a formal letter for days out of the UK? I just don't know what is the name of this documentation, and is it from UK Custom?

The reason is I want to make sure i fill in the AN form right, and also to make sure the day I hand in the application is the day i was physically in the UK 3/5 years back.

A bit more clarification on the 3/5 years back rule please, say if I am to apply on the 4th of Jun 2014, is it the same day - 04/06/2011 and 04/06/2009 that I would need to physically be in the UK? Thanks a lot

I love travelling, been to loads of countries so passport is a mess...

spike_UK

Re: letter from UK Boarder for days out of the uk?

Post by spike_UK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:47 pm

black_bird wrote:Hi, I was granted ILR in Jun 2013, about to apply for British Citizenship in 2 months time.

Question, I was told I could write to UK Boarder, and ask for a formal letter for days out of the UK? I just don't know what is the name of this documentation, and is it from UK Custom?

The reason is I want to make sure i fill in the AN form right, and also to make sure the day I hand in the application is the day i was physically in the UK 3/5 years back.

A bit more clarification on the 3/5 years back rule please, say if I am to apply on the 4th of Jun 2014, is it the same day - 04/06/2011 and 04/06/2009 that I would need to physically be in the UK? Thanks a lot

I love travelling, been to loads of countries so passport is a mess...
Hi, I'm not an expert but I don't think is a big deal neither requests any letters from HO, as long as you haven't been out of UK for more than 450 day in last 5 years and not more than 90 day( 3 months) each year, except illness, study or army training for the period of 2 years then you have nothing to be worried about,,,, It doesn't have to be exact date or days as long as you remember year, month and how many days. Try to get as much as information you can.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013