ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

completing 10 years, please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

completing 10 years, please help

Post by Achilles.ali » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

hi all
I have a question for my friend, his appeal hearing date is 20 oct 2014 he applied for entrepreneur visa which has been refused. hes completing 10 years in aug 2014. what are the documents that he need to apply for indefinite leave to remain.he keep asking me about his bank statement because he don't have any funds in his bank, is theer any rule that she has to show the funds in his account. because he has wife and shes is his dependent, thanx in advance

entrepreneur123

Re: completing 10 years, please help

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:39 am

For ILR based on 10 years, you do not need to show any maintance funds. Just Life in UK test plus previous passports. But your friend case is different as he been refused, i have read before on forum where people successfully got ILR even been refused on hearing of appeal. So u should contact with good solicitor.

Achilles.ali wrote:hi all
I have a question for my friend, his appeal hearing date is 20 oct 2014 he applied for entrepreneur visa which has been refused. hes completing 10 years in aug 2014. what are the documents that he need to apply for indefinite leave to remain.he keep asking me about his bank statement because he don't have any funds in his bank, is theer any rule that she has to show the funds in his account. because he has wife and shes is his dependent, thanx in advance

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 am

You can only vary your application on different grounds(here ten year long residence) if you have completed your ten years when you were waiting for decision of entrepreneur application..once decision has been made you cannot vary your application but can add additional grounds in appeal bundle . Best option for your freind is to go for appeal and try to win it and once he win the appeal then his previous leave waiting time will become valid and he can vary his application and go for ten year long residence ..Its something which i did and still waiting for outcome of my ILR :D

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 am

modern_newton wrote:You can only vary your application on different grounds(here ten year long residence) if you have completed your ten years when you were waiting for decision of entrepreneur application..once decision has been made you cannot vary your application but can add additional grounds in appeal bundle . Best option for your freind is to go for appeal and try to win it and once he win the appeal then his previous leave waiting time will become valid and he can vary his application and go for ten year long residence ..Its something which i did and still waiting for outcome of my ILR :D
I object Mr Newton.

For your information as well it's not necessary to win the appeal as 3c leave count towards 10 years long residency.

From where u bring this information that if someone win the appeal than his or her previous time spend on appeal become valid???

when u r under 3c there is no such rule like this that u should win the appeal. 3c ends when u exhaust all your appeal rights and still u

have 28 days (overstay) to apply for ILR. As 28 days overstay time will be disregarded as HO rule.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:43 am

In OP friend circumstances u add additional grounds during your hearing that your friend completed 10 years.

Hopefully he will get ILR.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree with Zee Ali above comment.

You don't need to win appeal for your case. You are on 3C,3D as long as you are on appeal. Even once your appeal is completed and you have not won it, still you have 28 days to make another application. Home Office allows 28 over stay.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm

so that means he don't need to worry, he should go to hearing and present his life in uk test report, and then even if he lose the appeal he can still submit application for ILR

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59 am

Achilles.ali wrote:so that means he don't need to worry, he should go to hearing and present his life in uk test report, and then even if he lose the appeal he can still submit application for ILR
Hopefully judge order HO to look on his case again as he completed 10 years and entitled for ILR.

Than it's upto HO they give me ILR or ask him to vary his application from Tier 1 to ILR and pay the difference of fees.

Your friend is in a safe zone.

Not to worry