ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - UK Travel with a Family Member Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

docteurbenway

EEA Family Permit - UK Travel with a Family Member Card

Post by docteurbenway » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

sorry I have been away from the forums for a while and so much has changed since then.

Ok my question is are the EEA Family permits no longer necessary when traveling with a German EEA Family Member card?

What happened to the ECJ case?

Timatic now list visa Free for holders of "(Permanent) Family Member Card..." issued by Germany. So does that mean only permanent residents or non permanent as well.

Please fill me in. I cant seem to find my old posts.

Thanks!

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Permit - UK Travel with a Family Member Card

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:59 pm

I don't know why uk is only accepting RC from LATVIA and Germany as according to directives card issued under artcicle 10 as family member of eu citizen should be covered. as in directives its not mention from Germany and Latvia ?
so why uks interpretation of directives is so narrow . laws should not be interpreted narrowly .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit - UK Travel with a Family Member Card

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Isn't it Estonia and Germany?