ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: General discussion after BC and Passport application

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Nicole,
Your first referee needs to be a professional from the list of allowed professions. Your second referee needs to be British and over 25. They both must know you for at least 3 years.
I am sometimes wrong.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:26 pm

I think home office london would be ok. I would have thought.....you only need 1 countersigned refree and need to be professional standing.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Can anyone help with what sort of question are asked in passport interview....I hate remembering dates of birth of whole family hardly can remember my own. :D

Green apple

Post by Green apple » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 pm

I lost my home office ceremony invitation letter and my ceramony is next week is it a must to have or just an ID is what matter please help?!

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Green apple wrote:I lost my home office ceremony invitation letter and my ceramony is next week is it a must to have or just an ID is what matter please help?!
Call your council.....you are normally required to have it.

Green apple

Post by Green apple » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm

TTOE wrote:
Green apple wrote:I lost my home office ceremony invitation letter and my ceramony is next week is it a must to have or just an ID is what matter please help?!
Called them and they said bring any correspondents from the HO , thanks TTOE

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Green apple wrote:
TTOE wrote:
Called them and they said bring any correspondents from the HO , thanks TTOE
Kool, 9ice 1. Just go with your acknowledgement letter, approval letter etc.

Green apple

Post by Green apple » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Thanks so much TTOE you are always helpful

itsahmedawan

Post by itsahmedawan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:12 pm

hi friends
i and my daughter on refugee status and i just find out that my daugter's father got his british passport so i m just wondering that can i apply my daughrs british passport on the her fathers behalf,the problem is her father his merried to some else and we r not togather and i did not mention her fathers name on her birth certificate.
how can i regeister her fathers name on her birth certificate now.
will be very thnkful for answers and help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

As far as I know oa child has autiomatic right to citizenship nly if one of the parents is British at the moment when child is born.
I am sometimes wrong.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for Nationality Via the NCS service, now intend to travel during my application is with HO... but i heard from somebody that whilst ur application is with HO ur not allowed to travel...

Please shed some light on this....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 am

Once you apply for naturalization you are free to travel. I have done it few times.
I am sometimes wrong.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for Nationality Via the NCS service, now intend to travel during my application is with HO... but i heard from somebody that whilst ur application is with HO ur not allowed to travel...

Please shed some light on this....
Yes, you can travel without any problems. This is my personal experience :)

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I am frustrated and angry to read about English language requirements, basically i have done Life in Uk.. and have 4 year UK degree from well know university... somebody told me that i need to go to Naric or some other organisation to proof that my degree was taught in english and i meet the requirement ... please please shed some light on this....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 am

adkh2_1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am frustrated and angry to read about English language requirements, basically i have done Life in Uk.. and have 4 year UK degree from well know university... somebody told me that i need to go to Naric or some other organisation to proof that my degree was taught in english and i meet the requirement ... please please shed some light on this....

If you have a degree from UK then you don't have to meet English requirement. Your degree is sufficient and who told you to get your British degree certified by NARIC?
Not all those who wander are lost...

londonboulevard
Newly Registered

Post by londonboulevard » Sat May 03, 2014 8:43 pm

A few days ago (30th April) it was exactly 6 months since I applied for my naturalisation and BC.... What could be happening,does anyone have a clue? How come that Home Office did not sort out my application within 6 months as they have promised??? :-(

tunjy

Post by tunjy » Sat May 03, 2014 9:35 pm

I am naturalized british citizen and i will like to apply for british passport. I do not have any foreign passport, my ILR is on a paper
(immigration status document).
Can i submit this for my passport application instead of a passport?
Also do i need to fill my grandparent's details?
PLEASE your advice is needed.

/

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Some sort of ID is required when you apply for British passport. You are required to give details about your parents, not grandparents.
You can get passport application in post office.
I am sometimes wrong.

tunjy

Post by tunjy » Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Can i submit my foreign birth certificate, ILR on a paper (immigration status document) and naturalization certificate for my british
passport application? I DO NOT HAVE A PASSPORT.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:31 pm

I am not sure.
All I can suggest is that you go to the Post Office and ask, they will be able to give you the right answer.
I am sometimes wrong.

KimF
Newly Registered

Post by KimF » Tue May 06, 2014 5:10 pm

I am planning to apply for my British passport after my citizenship ceremony tomorrow. My question lies with Section 4 (details of parents). I don't know the exact dates of my parents' birth or the date they married although I can hazard a close guess based on anecdotal information. They weren't British and I was naturalized as the spouse of a BC.

Do I guess or leave it blank?

Soebmk

Post by Soebmk » Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello everyone can someone please explain full process of OCI step by step as m going to get my British passport soon as I don't know anything about it even though I try looking high commission website but nothing seems to be clear info on it????

2 ) when n how ( explain full process plz) do I need to surrender my Indian passport and howlong does it takes???
Can do it in person how do you book an appointment(OCI and surrender Indian passport) ??
Plz somebody reply me thx

RainyDayRun
United States of America

Post by RainyDayRun » Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,

I can't find this listed anywhere, but does anyone have experience with how long it takes for the invitation letter to be mailed to the US? The debit was taken back in March, I never recieved a confirmation letter, and there has been no reply to my email. I realize that processing times can vary, I'm just wondering about the actual time for the package to be shipping from the UK to the US. I'm a little concerned that my US passport is lost in the mail somewhere!

Thanks!

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:46 am

KimF wrote:I am planning to apply for my British passport after my citizenship ceremony tomorrow. My question lies with Section 4 (details of parents). I don't know the exact dates of my parents' birth or the date they married although I can hazard a close guess based on anecdotal information. They weren't British and I was naturalized as the spouse of a BC.

Do I guess or leave it blank?
No need for date of marriage but you can ring them up and ask for date of birth or if they dont know take a guess but make sure you remember it when you go for interview as they will ask you.

Superman4life
Newly Registered

Post by Superman4life » Sun May 11, 2014 12:51 am

Hi,

I have just been issued my ILR yesterday 10th May 2014 via the 10 year long residence route. However, my wife has been a british citizen for a while now and we only got married late last year and she was not involved in my application. Can I apply for my British Citizenship/passport straightaway or do I still have to wait for a year before I do this.