ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Board time wrong?

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, archigabe, Administrator

John

Board time wrong?

Post by John » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 am

Members of this board are reminded that the board time does not change automatically. With the UK having just changed, those in the UK need to take action to adjust their own setting on this board. It is very simple!

Click on "Control Panel" above .... or click here. Then click on "Board Preferences". Then go down the page until you find "Summer Time/DST is in effect". Make sure that entry is correctly set to Yes or No.

Having made that change, click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page, to save the new setting. Done!
John

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm

If you are in the UK, you now need to reverse what I posted last October.

That is, click on the link I provided last October, to go to your profile, then adjust the time from "GMT" to "GMT + 1 hour".

Have made that change, click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page, to save the new setting. Simplies!
John

John

Post by John » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 am

It is that time of the year again!

If you are in the UK, and now your board time is one hour out, please follow the guidance in the opening post above.
John

John

Post by John » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:50 am

Again it is that time of the year. For example if you are in the UK, you need to ensure that your time setting is now "GMT + 1 hour".
John

John

Post by John » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Yet again, if you are in the UK, do ensure that your board time is set at GMT+1 hour.
John

John

Re: Board time wrong?

Post by John » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

Since I last posted into this topic the board software has been updated.

Now those that find that their board time is one hour out, go to your "User Control Panel" and then just under "My timezone" you will see "Summer time/DST is in effect". At this time of the year, if you are in a part of the world where that is relevant, set that to "Yes", and switch back to "No" in the autumn.
John

John

Re: Board time wrong?

Post by John » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Again we are at that time of year again!

If relevant to you, see my post in this topic dated 11.04.14, but this time make the change to "No" as regards the "Summer time/DST is in effect" setting.
John