ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ms Hughes Minister for Immigration has resigned

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tvt

Ms Hughes Minister for Immigration has resigned

Post by tvt » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:47 am

I don't think that she is the one to blame.

UK Immigration system has become too complicated to administer. There are too many categories, too much discretion for "outside the rules" consideration and too much red-tape.

I thing that for the time being IND will be much harsher in considering applications and this will cause substantial backlog in the system.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:33 pm

The UK government IMHO does not give immigration the seriousness and more importantly the resources required. Instead of driving the agenda forward they are always on a backfoot either responding to allegations of abuse or pandering to the political aspect of a tougher regime - we have had 3 immigration bills in 4 years each one trying to correct the flaws in the previous one. Rushing things through comes to mind everytime I hear another announcement resulting in the outside the rules approach to address inconsistencies.

On the matter of today's resignation the buck has to stop somewhere and there is only so many times you can say I did not know what my juniors were doing and it was not a ministerial decision - I think the e-mail from the consul in Bucharest did it eventually. Expect to see thigs hot up as the ascension countries join up. I agree too that processing times will increase - my view is that the worker regsitration scheme will be a total mess and is likely to get scuppered but only after the elections 8) .