ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

nacir
Newly Registered

No cohabitation documents

Post by nacir » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:22 am

Hi, I'm going to apply for ILR soon. We've been living at an address for the last about 4 years (main applicant + 4 dependants). All the bills and council tax were being paid by our landlord. I have my bank statements, credit card statements, driving license etc. at this address. But unfortunately, there's nothing in my wife's name apart from TV license and that too for one year only. She has opened a bank account with Barclays recently and we will have statements for about one year, not more than that. There is absolutely nothing in my wife's name that goes back to as far as two years. What should we do? I can obtain a letter from our landlord saying that we've been living at his property for the last four years, will that be helpful at all? Any other suggestions please??

Thanks

shace318

Re: No cohabitation documents

Post by shace318 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:04 am

you can get a letter from your local GP on the NHS letter head
stating that you lived in that address (hope you have registered with NHS)

also you can include any letters named on your partners name
- any school letters addressed to your wife (I have included school letters such as parents teachers meeting etc)
- junk letters or bills e.g. my wife used to do online shopping and I have included all these letters
- get a provisional license for your wife and include that as well

hope this will help

shace

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:07 am

On top of what shace recommended, birth certificates of your children if they are born in UK in last 2 years will also work.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:53 pm

When was your spouse last granted leave?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nacir
Newly Registered

Post by nacir » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:20 pm

My wife was last granted leave in September 2010. Actually I must admit that I'm a cleanliness freak and I throw away unwanted letters/ junk mail from time to time. I think I have thrown away some of mail that was in her name (like surgery appointments, hospital appointments etc.) more than 2 years ago. I never realized that they can be any use at some stage.

Now, we have got loads of proofs of cohabitation in the last year, but unfortunately nothing that goes back to as far as two years. I know you guys must be laughing at me...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:17 pm

They're not as strict usually for SET(O) so you should be ok. Get your GP to write a letter stating you have been loving as spouse for last 2 years and list any attended appointments.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nacir
Newly Registered

Post by nacir » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks for your help guys. It's much appreciated.