ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should i do?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ishaq143
Newly Registered

What should i do?

Post by Ishaq143 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi
I am a uk citezen i was born here and lived here. I am 24. In 2009 i went to pakistan with my family and we settled down there. I got married in july last year i am 6months preg now i returned to the uk in feb this year. i dont hav no family here and i am living with friends. The whole reason i returned to the uk is because i want to settledown here and sponser my husband to join me here.
I am currently not working neither is my husband, i have applied sevral places but could not be accepted due to pregnancy. I am aware that 18600 is the requirment of sponcering my husband but this is not an easy amount that i can earn. Even if i think about working after the baby that will be part time as the baby will be small then the prob i will hace is that who will look after my baby while im working...
I wanted to know what i should do to get my husband to come here on a spouse visa. I am due in aug as the rules have been changing and becoming more strick it seems to worry me..
Could some please give me some proper advise...
Thank you
Will be waiting
Thanks

sublime688

Post by sublime688 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm

You say you want your husband to come here on a spouse visa, but I dont think there is any other way he can come on a spouse visa without you meeting the financial requirement for spouse visa.

Alternatively if you are not in employment you can meet this financial requirement by showing you are in receipt of the following benefits or allowances This is referred to as adequate maintenance. There are:
 Carer's Allowance.
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.

Are you in receipt of any of the above?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:18 am

you should visit to your local citizen advice bureau
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: What should i do?

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 pm

or you can take eu route . and apply under surinder singh route to bring your husband back to uk . you both have to live in another eu country . you as British citizen has to work, self employed etc. exercise treaty right and tan there is no financial requirement to bring your husband back to uk.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Casa

Re: What should i do?

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:10 pm

One year old post! Please check dates before adding to the thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.