ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blooms

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by blooms » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 am

Got my PR today!!

Sent it Special Delivery on Feb 11, 2014
The COA was dated Feb 17, 2014
Received my passport with PR today April 10, 2014

Like many others, we went through a tortuous process in submitting the EEA2. That took over 8 months for us! So happy to be able to travel as I can now make it to a family christening in May I was really hoping to attend!

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:05 pm

blooms wrote:Got my PR today!!

Like many others, we went through a tortuous process in submitting the EEA2. That took over 8 months for us! So happy to be able to travel as I can now make it to a family christening in May I was really hoping to attend!

Hi

Congratulations!
Can you please roughly provide us with what you submitted?

I think it helps everyone who is reading this and is going to submit their application too.

Many thanks

blooms

Post by blooms » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 pm

iwantmyresidenceasap wrote:
blooms wrote:Got my PR today!!

Hi

Congratulations!
Can you please roughly provide us with what you submitted?

I think it helps everyone who is reading this and is going to submit their application too.

Many thanks
Sure! In fact it may be very useful because I work but my spouse (EEA National) does not. So she exercised treaty rights as self-sufficient. I started working immediately in the UK because I simply transferred from our US office to our UK office. She had a good job in her country but never really liked it. I make enough money for both of us and enjoy my job. So she has been pursuing some (not very profitable) artistic and personal goals.

For her:
Comprehensive Private Insurance. We included her plan and renewals for the last 5 years.
Also Bank statements from Bank accounts and Investment accounts she still holds in her name only from before we met.

For me:
Letter from my Employer certifying my employment including start date and salary.
P60's going back 5 years certified by my Payroll department.

For both of us:
Joint Bank Account and Savings account. Selected statements going back 5 years as well as current totals.
Residency documents including tenancy agreements, council taxes, utility bills. From 2-5 documents for each calendar year.

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 pm

So the update from my side so far:
Submitted 2/4/14 (Both EEA3 & EEA4) special delivery
Signed for 3/4/14
Payment taken 4/4/14 for both applications
Received letter that both applications have been received 10/4/14 (dated 4/4/414).

congrats to iwantmyresidenceasap:)

parten
Newly Registered

Post by parten » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 am

Thanks to everyone on this forum. it is good to know that we are not alone in the process and keeps us from losing hope.

After going through a terrible EEA2 process, it was great to receive the EEA4 in the post. whats even more amazing that our case was decided in less than a month!

This is our timescale
Sent Application: 12th March
Confirmation Letter: 14th March - dated 12th March
Payment Taken: 12th March
COA Received - 16th March dated 14th March
Documents Received - 9th April - Issue date 4th April

It took me a month to put the documents together. We have been collecting everything since EEA2 in preparation of this mighty exercise. I put it all in one file... put page numbers on each document and put a comprehensive index at the front of the file cross referencing everything!

all the best to everyone... there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Today i received my PR in the post.
time line
17/02/14 application sent
18/02/14 received by HO
24/02/14 coa received
12/04/14 PR received.

thanks to the gurus on the forum for their valuable advice. :wink:

blooms

Post by blooms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:37 am

parten wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. it is good to know that we are not alone in the process and keeps us from losing hope.

After going through a terrible EEA2 process, it was great to receive the EEA4 in the post. whats even more amazing that our case was decided in less than a month!

This is our timescale
Sent Application: 12th March
Confirmation Letter: 14th March - dated 12th March
Payment Taken: 12th March
COA Received - 16th March dated 14th March
Documents Received - 9th April - Issue date 4th April

It took me a month to put the documents together. We have been collecting everything since EEA2 in preparation of this mighty exercise. I put it all in one file... put page numbers on each document and put a comprehensive index at the front of the file cross referencing everything!

all the best to everyone... there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Wow! A month! It appears that right now the turnaround times are faster than they have ever been! Lucky us!

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Post by mr&mrs smith » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 pm

hi guys,

I would like to submit eea3 and eea4 together too.

I have wifes(eea3) 5yrs p60, 5yrs bank statement, letter from current employer, marriage certificate as she changed her surname. council tax plus water bill since we have bought house 2yrs ago.

for myself (eea4) 5yrs p60, 5yrs bank statement, letter from current employer, marriage certificate as I married to eea national???, do I need to submit the council tax and water bill. if I am submitting the council tax and water bill it with my wifes application.

do they treat separate or combine application.

please can you update anything on this.

smith

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Post by mr&mrs smith » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

hi,

I have wifes(eea3) 5yrs p60, 5yrs bank statement, letter from current employer, marriage certificate as she changed her surname. council tax plus water bill since we have bought house 2yrs ago.

for myself (eea4) 5yrs p60, 5yrs bank statement, letter from current employer, marriage certificate as I married to eea national???, do I need to submit the council tax and water bill. if I am submitting the council tax and water bill it with my wifes application.

smith
Ajenta83 wrote:So the update from my side so far:
Signed for 3/4/14
Received letter that both applications have been received 10/4/14 (dated 4/4/414).

congrats to iwantmyresidenceasap:)

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Re: EEA3 and EEA 4 combine application??

Post by mr&mrs smith » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:30 pm

hi,

smith

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Post by mr&mrs smith » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 pm

iwantmyresidenceasap wrote:Hi All

Submitted my application EEA4 earlier this week.
I will keep everyone posted, fingers crossed.

8)
hi,

smith

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 pm

mr&mrs smith wrote:

8)
hi,

smith

I wish I could help you with that info but I have no knowledge on that.
I should think anyone who sends EEA3 and EEA4 applications together, should get both app back at the same time.
Also for what you have mentioned (documents), it's well enough to process the application within the current processing time (8 weeks).

On their website now, they clearly say that they would let us know of the progress of it if there is a problem within 12 weeks, in writing. YEAH RIGHT!

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Fri May 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Following the whole ...sign, sad situation with my application(s) I am no longer surprised, but to keep you guys updated:

HO received my documents on 11 February
fee for the application taken on 12 February
received my COA, issued on 14 April
as of 02 May no news on the application itself..

:cry: :cry: :cry:

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Don't worry - you will get your good news in the end :)

Relax and enjoy your life!
CC

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:29 pm

8)

COA received within 3 days with employment rights issued too. Does that mean it is now queueing up?

Just 3days that was really fast best of luck mate

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Tue May 06, 2014 5:00 pm

zubby007 wrote:

8)

COA received within 3 days with employment rights issued too. Does that mean it is now queueing up?

Just 3days that was really fast best of luck mate

Thanks mate, I can only hope they will deal with my application asap too.

I read in one of the Freedom of Information Act's questions and answers online, from a member of the public and answered by the home office, that legally EEA1 and EEA3 applications have priority over EEA2 and EEA4. That's why it takes longer to get them sorted. It stays on the pile and when a case worker touches it, it normally takes about 2h to grant, reject or refuse it. Great majority being granted.

I fail to understand why this can't be done in person in an office, same day. I should think no one would mind paying more to have this sorted and have the ability to travel freely instead of having to wait, unnecessarily, for about 6 months. Utter incompetence.

Permanent Residence is a right automatically granted to anyone who has been married to an EEA spouse for 5 years or more. The 'STAMP' or Sticker as they call it, is simply a document to show to the border agency upon entry.

I understand we can work full time in the country while awaiting decision but try looking for a job and showing your employer that piece of paper 'COA'. Everyone looks at us in a funny way. I hate it. Even if you tell them to confirm with the home office your eligibility to work, few people would bother doing that. In other words, they would end up employing someone else who is competing for the vacancy with you. And that is very unfair.

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some good news:). Both my husband and myself received all our documents back with our Permanent Residence. I believe if your case if straight forward and you provide the necessary documents they check; it is indeed a faster processing time:)

Signed for 3/4/14
Permanent Residence Received with all the docs back... (15/5/2014), PR dated 8/4/2014

Wishing you all the very best:) and most importantly Thank you ever so much for your advice!

sam&dani
Newly Registered

Post by sam&dani » Wed May 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Ajenta83 wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to share some good news:). Both my husband and myself received all our documents back with our Permanent Residence. I believe if your case if straight forward and you provide the necessary documents they check; it is indeed a faster processing time:)

Signed for 3/4/14
Permanent Residence Received with all the docs back... (15/5/2014), PR dated 8/4/2014

Wishing you all the very best:) and most importantly Thank you ever so much for your advice!
Congratulation agenta...i am still waiting ..i submitted on 10. 4 .2014 . I got coa and payment taken..3 days later.

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Thu May 15, 2014 8:22 am

So happy for you guys! :)

Do you think it's worth getting a solicitor involved in my case? (and what could a solicitor do..)
Submitted in February, COA issued only in April (!) and as of May no response. And it seems like the processing times are now in the 1-2 months numbers.
If they refuse again I just don't know what i'll do :cry:

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu May 15, 2014 9:02 am

Stoli wrote:So happy for you guys! :)

Do you think it's worth getting a solicitor involved in my case? (and what could a solicitor do..)
Submitted in February, COA issued only in April (!) and as of May no response. And it seems like the processing times are now in the 1-2 months numbers.
If they refuse again I just don't know what i'll do :cry:
They have six months to process your application. Getting a solicitor involved will only muck up the process.

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 am

Ajenta83 wrote:Hi all,

Signed for 3/4/14

It is very nice to hear that! Congratulations! Wishing everyone good luck :-)
It still amazes me the fact that they processed your application on 8/4 and you only received it on 15/5.

My application IS very straight forward, I submitted everything. My worry is not about it being refused, because I know it won't, it is just this stupid waiting times. I will leave my message here when it happens too, fingers crossed!!!

Good luck everyone :-)

Somtee
Newly Registered

Post by Somtee » Thu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi everyone, Just a quick view of my immigration history.
Application sent on 7/04/2014
received by home office on 9/04/2014
COA received 17/04/2014
please note that I have applied for EEA4 after retaining right of residence following divorce from my EEA partner in 2012.
I am still waiting for Pr as at the time of writing. will keep the forum updated as regards my progress.

Somtee
Newly Registered

Post by Somtee » Fri May 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Good news. Just to let everyone know that my EEA4 has been granted. Your questions are all welcome. It was granted today 16/05/2014

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Somtee wrote:Good news. Just to let everyone know that my EEA4 has been granted. Your questions are all welcome. It was granted today 16/05/2014
Well done! Did you send it with special delivery pre paid envelope for return of documents? I am still waiting ...

Somtee
Newly Registered

Post by Somtee » Sat May 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I am not really sure what my solicitor sent mine with. I used a solicitor so I dont know if he used a return envelope.