ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dadageer
Mood:

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by dadageer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm

teenboy wrote:
wolex wrote:I need experience opinion about this please.
My naturalisation certificate came back with my old name even though I submitted Deed Poll,I then applied for passport with my Deed poll,filling the form with the new name and payment taken with the new name.
A woman rang about 2 weeks after that she was gonna put the old name and I asked why?she was like bcos the naturalisation certificate is with old name,I told her but I submitted Deed poll,to cut it short,I told her she shouldn't, she can send it back and will get it corrected.
She rang again last Monday telling me to chase it up with home office and I told her I'm not chasing anything, she should know how they do their work,slow I meant,
I was telling her I don't understand why in the first place,Deed Poll before or after naturalisation should be a problem.I told her she can send back my application and payment if she can't wait bcos she was telling me she can't keep hold of my documents forever.she wanted me to write a letter to withdraw my application and I'm not ready to loose my payment and I made it clear I won't be doing that as well.
Here is my question, what difference does Deed Poll before or after naturalisation make?
Is there a law that says Deed Poll is invalid if done before naturalisation?
If people change name after naturalisation,the name on certificate will be old name right?isn't this scenario stupid or I'm the one not getting it?
Your expert opinion will be appreciated please.
Passport Office will issue your first passport with the same name as in your naturalisation certificate. In my opinion, naturalisation certificate should have your new name. How easy to changing the name on naturalisation certificate? I don't know.

PO is doing this to prevent the fraud.
I would second that. You should speak to your council if they can change name on your Naturalisation certificate and then make a fresh application to HMPO.
Not all those who wander are lost...

wolex
Newly Registered

Post by wolex » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Well,it's important they do what they want to prevent fraud. But this people don't seem to have common sense,how will that prevent fraud?do they just issue passport or further check is conducted.
There's no way someone can get passport without PROPER check tbh.
The other thing is,if people change their names after naturalisation and the add Deed Poll,are they saying fraud can't be committed that way?the checks they might have done would have come back with new names,I did this as far back as October last year.
I just think they're in a confused state of mind.I've sent that to home office though,I just find it weird how the woman was threatening me with refusal.

rickyrafe777

Post by rickyrafe777 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:45 pm

wolex wrote:Well,it's important they do what they want to prevent fraud. But this people don't seem to have common sense,how will that prevent fraud?do they just issue passport or further check is conducted.
The other thing is,if people change their names after naturalisation and the add Deed Poll,are they saying fraud can't be committed that way?the checks they might have done would have come back with new names,I did this as far back as October last year.
I just think they're in a confused state of mind.I've sent that to home office though,I just find it weird how the woman was threatening me with refusal.
Hey, as you said it was done way back in Oct. Did you sent your deedpoll with you naturalization application? You should have send the certificate back to HO for rectification and add new name.
This is the way it goes. Plus the passport office may think that you didn't send the deedpoll during you nationalization application and after the approval you sending it now. As it was way back and before your submitting of application. (deedpoll)
It cant be taking as fraud but it may take time is doing checking again!!
That my experience with name change and has nothing to offend any one!!
PEACE

setmform
Newly Registered

Post by setmform » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Passport For: Adult
Application Type: New (by Naturalisation)
Method of Application: Post (Special Delivery Next Day 1pm)
Date of Application: 03/03/2014
Date Application Received by HMPO: 04/03/2014
Date SMS Received: 06/03/2014
Deduction of Fees: 06/03/2014 (Paid by Credit Card)
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 22/03/2014 (dated 20/03/2014)
Date of Return of Documents: 28/03/2014
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 12/04/2014 (London Office - Victoria) - Done! Went Well.
Date of Passport Receipt:

758_SLUDeM
Newly Registered

Post by 758_SLUDeM » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:09 pm

758_SLUDeM wrote:
758_SLUDeM wrote:Timeline:
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 14/03/2014
Date application received by IPS: SMS Rec'd today, 21/03/2014
Date of return of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of interview letter:UPDATE 01/04/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: Today London Victoria 12/04/2014
Date of Passport Receipt:TBC
Attended interview today! Nothing to be worried about, Interviewer was very Friendly, chatty and asked the same questions as made mention by members of the board.Thanks to all for your wonderful advice and support! Good luck to those awaiting my journey has finally come to an end. Will update receipt of passport. Thanks to all once again!:)

wolex
Newly Registered

Post by wolex » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 pm

rickyrafe777 wrote:
wolex wrote:Well,it's important they do what they want to prevent fraud. But this people don't seem to have common sense,how will that prevent fraud?do they just issue passport or further check is conducted.
Hey, as you said it was done way back in Oct. Did you sent your deedpoll with you naturalization application? You should have send the certificate back to HO for rectification and add new name.
This is the way it goes. Plus the passport office may think that you didn't send the deedpoll during you nationalization application and after the approval you sending it now. As it was way back and before your submitting of application. (deedpoll)
It cant be taking as fraud but it may take time is doing checking again!!
That my experience with name change and has nothing to offend any one!!
PEACE
Of course I did,the acknowledgement came back with my new name,I filled the new name on the form as well.it's just an oversight from them I think.I've sent it back though.
I'm just wondering if the only check they do is with the Home office, otherwise they would have seen ALL my details elsewhere are all changed.
I just feel their argument doesn't make sense,if someone can apply for change of name after naturalisation, isn't it possible for fraud to take place with that as well.
Thanks for your response,hopefully they return it next week.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Wolex,

This is absolute rubbish. My wife's case was exactly the same, however I did not send any deed poll with naturalisation application, so her naturalisation certificate was in her old name.

We applied for passport in her new name, attached a deed poll signed by a friend, and her passport came through in her new name.

No questions asked, I am sure this person you are talking to is making a mistake, this is common procedure.

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!

wolex
Newly Registered

Post by wolex » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Wolex,

This is absolute rubbish. My wife's case was exactly the same, however I did not send any deed poll with naturalisation application, so her naturalisation certificate was in her old name.

We applied for passport in her new name, attached a deed poll signed by a friend, and her passport came through in her new name.

No questions asked, I am sure this person you are talking to is making a mistake, this is common procedure.

HTH
It's complete lack of common sense!that's why I'm trying to find out on here may be someone has been through this before.
I've taken it up though,I've asked them to show me the law or policy guideline where it is stated that Deed Poll is invalid if done before naturalisation or the woman in question is just doing what she likes.
How can you do a check with a new name and then tell me you gonna put old name?except it's all lies that they do checks.The payment was even taken out with the new name,I just don't get what the fuss is about but I will wait to hear what they'll say.
Even if they check from home office and it's old name,wouldn't it be old name too for someone with recent Deed Poll?

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:09 am

[quote="wolex"][quote="InUkOnHsmp"]Hi Wolex,

HTH[/quote]
It's complete lack of common sense!that's why I'm trying to find out on here may be someone has been through this before.
I've taken it up though,I've asked them to show me the law or policy guideline where it is stated that Deed Poll is invalid if done before naturalisation or the woman in question is just doing what she likes.
How can you do a check with a new name and then tell me you gonna put old name?except it's all lies that they do checks.The payment was even taken out with the new name,I just don't get what the fuss is about but I will wait to hear what they'll say.
Even if they check from home office and it's old name,wouldn't it be old name too for someone with recent Deed Poll?[/quote]

You may want to direct them to the following guidance on names

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... icates.pdf

itsahmedawan

Post by itsahmedawan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:15 pm

[quote="itsahmedawan"][quote="itsahmedawan"]Method of Application: check and send throughpost office
Date of Application: 17/03/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 19/03/14l
Date of SMS Received: N/A
Date of Fees deduction: N/A
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 4/04/14 (DATED 02/04/14)
Date of Return of Documents: 07/04/14
Date of Interview booked: 13/04/14(AT VICTORIA office
Date of Passport receipt:waiting
i have been for interview today at victoria office only took 15 minutes and i was early by 20 minutes and they called me early so nothing was serious just normal questions as n this forum mentioned by alot of ppl so hope so get my British Passport soon InshAllah.
thnx

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:10 pm

collipu wrote:Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 21-03-14
Date application received by IPS: Text received 25-03-14
Date of return of documents: 9-04-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 10-04-14
Date of Passport Appointment:12-04-14
Update.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:16 pm

collipu wrote:
Update.

Wow! good news this. Congrats collipu. Expect the delivery on Monday or Tuesday.

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 pm

TTOE wrote:
collipu wrote:
Update.

Wow! good news this. Congrats collipu. Expect the delivery on Monday or Tuesday.
Many thanks! Waiting anxiously!:)

Nazmas

Post by Nazmas » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi collipu
Congratulation , how did you got next day appointment that's good
I m still waiting for passport I called DX yesterday trey said they don't have any delivery for me yet I have to book tickets prices already going up

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 pm

t0mmy wrote:Passport for: 1 Adult
Method of application: Post
Date application sent : 19-March-2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS : 20/03/2014
Date of deduction of fees :
Date of receipt of SMS:
Date of receipt of interview letter : 05/04/2014
Date of return of documents : 07/04/2014
Date of interview appointment : 10/04/2014
Date of receipt of passport :
Update. I called hmpo today to enquire whether
my passport has been posted. Was advised
it's with the 'examiner'. Not sure what it meant!!
Nazmus what's the number for dx to enquire
abt delivery .

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Nazmas wrote:Hi collipu
Congratulation , how did you got next day appointment that's good
I m still waiting for passport I called DX yesterday trey said they don't have any delivery for me yet I have to book tickets prices already going up
Thanks Nazmas. You should be getting your soon.

I asked for a weekend one and got it. I think unless you don't ask for a specific one they give you the one next week or something. I was initially given one for the 26th.

Nazmas

Post by Nazmas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 am

Hi everybody
I had my interview on 10/04 and still waiting for passport plz is there any number to speak the progress team I hv to travel I m bit worried now is something went wrong in my interview . I called passport office number they said they can't check progress .is there any number ?

Kb_puth
Newly Registered

Post by Kb_puth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 am

Application Timeline
Passport for: Child
Date of application:19-03-2014
Date application received by IPS:24-03-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: N/A
Date of Passport Appointment: N/A
Date of return of documents: 11-04-14
Date of Passport Receipt: 11-04-14

Finally passport wait is over .. Gud luck to all who are waiting

Those who are applying for PIO or OCI please check holiday list in hci website before visiting hci office to avoid disappointment. We had been to hci office in London today but office was closed due to Ambedkar jayanti..

Sonabacha
Newly Registered

Post by Sonabacha » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 am

Nazmas wrote:Hi everybody
I had my interview on 10/04 and still waiting for passport plz is there any number to speak the progress team I hv to travel I m bit worried now is something went wrong in my interview . I called passport office number they said they can't check progress .is there any number ?

you can call DX courier on 0844 371 0000 and press * then give your postcode and address ,they might be help you to find the update because HO usually use DX to deliver the passport

Call after 11:00

Nazmas

Post by Nazmas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am

Sonabacha wrote:

you can call DX courier on 0844 371 0000 and press * then give your postcode and address ,they might be help you to find the update because HO usually use DX to deliver the passport

Thank you very much I ll try dx

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 am

Application Timeline
Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 11/04/2014
Date application received by IPS: 14/04/2014
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:08 am

Application Timeline
Method of application: Check and Send Service
Date of application: 09/04/2014
Date application received by IPS: 11/04/2014
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:

bekas07
Newly Registered

Post by bekas07 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 am

Sonabacha wrote:

DX Secure 01604 496 798 free of charge

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 am

[quote="SSWSZ"]Update

Passport for: Children (3)
Application Type: First
Method of application: Royal Mail check and send
Date of application: 25-Mar-2014

Date of return of documents: waiting

Date of Passport Receipt: 14/04/2014(got two kids passport still waiting for 1 more but atleast now relaxed)
ss

kahn

Post by kahn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Application Timeline
Method of application: Check and Send Service
Date of application: 28/03/2014
Date sms received : 02/04/2014
Date of return of documents:waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter:waiting
Date of Passport Appointment:waiting