ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sputum test

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mak14
Newly Registered

Sputum test

Post by mak14 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:26 pm

hi dere ....i wanted to know if there is anyone who has gone through the SPUTUM TEST thing as a next level test of TB in order to apply for UK visa ....can any one who has experienced tis tell me how long does it normally take n what was there experience regarding dat ...
thank you :?:

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:45 pm

If you or anyone else have been diagnosed with TB & if it requires further treatment then the applicant will only be eligible to apply for UK visa when he / she has obtained the certificate from the appointed organisation (by the UKBA) in that country. It is more of a medical issue than immigration. Hope you understand.

mak14
Newly Registered

Post by mak14 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 am

sputum test is not a part of further treatment of TB it is actually a more authentic test thn xray in order to make sure if the person is or not suffering from TB ......what i wanted to know is that normally how long does it usually takes for the report and if the report is ok what do thy usually mention on da certificate n does dat effect the immigartion process ........

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 am

If the test is negative(means no problem) then they will issue you certificate otherwise not. You should get in contact about the processing time as it would depend on their work load.

sudipratan
Newly Registered

Re: Sputum test

Post by sudipratan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi,

Last week, I have gone to Uk approved clinic for TB test. After the X-Ray doctor referred for sputum test in spite of my chest was clear saying there may be mild scarring.

Now the problem is that I am not producing any sputum at all as chest is clear but he has referred for it. This is surprising..No there is another drama , if I can't produce sputum clinic is not accepting.So I have to forcefully produce cough by any means to prove that I am not infected.

That means if someone does not produce cough, there is no other way to detect TB.Come on ! It can be anywhere in the body not only in the lungs.. this is nonsense !

In US everyone is referred for TB Mantoux skin test.It seems that UK TB test rules are not perfect and clinics are en-cashing benefit of these .

Does anyone have faced similar situation ? Please suggest.