ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nealschon
Newly Registered

Expired IELTS for Citizenship

Post by nealschon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Members,

I am applying for British Citizenship and want to know if I could submit my IELTS test result from September 2005 to meet the English language requirement? I used the same IELTs result to get my initial entry clearance into the UK (HSMP). I also have taken Life in the UK test and want to find out if my IELTS scorecard from 2005 along with LIUK would fulfil the English language requirement for British Citizenship?

Since 2008, I have lived in Britain and have been working in the financial sector as an Auditor. My job requires me to interact with people in English and produce reports which are also written in English.

Please advise if I can use my IELTs scorecard from 2005 to support my application for British Citizenship.

Thanks

macmac
Newly Registered

Re: Expired IELTS for Citizenship

Post by macmac » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi

I used the expired one, back in 2008, no objections raised. You can use the same for citizenship.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

I used expired IELTS 2009 and had Citizenship granted - no issues.
Not all those who wander are lost...

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Dear dadageer and macmac

Could you please tell me if your IELTs was from UK or abroad? And was it used for any other immigration related application to UK before?

My missus is about to apply for her naturalisation and her IELTS expired couple of years ago. She took IELTS outside UK but never used for any immigration purposes.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:39 pm

farrukh wrote:Dear dadageer and macmac

Could you please tell me if your IELTs was from UK or abroad? And was it used for any other immigration related application to UK before?

My missus is about to apply for her naturalisation and her IELTS expired couple of years ago. She took IELTS outside UK but never used for any immigration purposes.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
The expiry dates do not apply to citizenship applications. However for Settlement applications, Home office accept the expired qualifications if:

 The qualification has previously been accepted by HO in connection with another immigration application, e.g. for entry clearance, or
 (if it is being presented for the first time) it was taken in the UK, and is on the OFQUAL register.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I just confirmed with the missus and also found (after a lot of searching) a document checklist which she used and she did send her IELTS test result for the dependent visa application. So, it was send to the embassy outside UK. I assume that it can still be used?

Thanks once again.

Regards

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:26 pm

farrukh wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I just confirmed with the missus and also found (after a lot of searching) a document checklist which she used and she did send her IELTS test result for the dependent visa application. So, it was send to the embassy outside UK. I assume that it can still be used?

Thanks once again.

Regards

Yes.
*please do not take this as professional advice**