ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking Peo Appointment with Multiple Cards

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aragon

Booking Peo Appointment with Multiple Cards

Post by aragon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 am

Hi,

I need to book a Peo appointment for me and 3 dependants. Problem is the the total fees of ILR is too big for me to pay via one credit card. I got 2 credit cards and can pay using both.

Total fees is £5972.

Credit card 1 limit - 5000
Credit card 2 limit - 2000

Is there a way I can use both while paying for the PEO appointment. If anyone has paid with multiple cards please let me know how you did it and whether its possible.

Also, debit card is not an option for me as I will run out of maintenance fund if I use it. I am on Tier 1 visa.

Any help is really appreciated.

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Booking Peo Appointment with Multiple Cards

Post by sagareva » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:30 pm

i haven't found a way to split the payment, but please let us know if you do.

However there is no maintenance requirement for ILR. You are only required to score points for previous earnings.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 am

sagareva wrote:i haven't found a way to split the payment, but please let us know if you do.

However there is no maintenance requirement for ILR. You are only required to score points for previous earnings.
I also thought the same regarding the maintenance fund points. But if you read the recent ILR experiences at PEOs on this forum you will notice that they are very keen on knowing the documents the applicant has submitted for Maintenance fund. Also, it make sense that they ask for maintenance fund as we are suppose to score full points as per our previous application. And If i have to score points for maintenance in my last application, they would want to know whether I do the same during ILR. Nothing changes for Tier 1 applicant.

Also, I read Amber suggested someone to call worldpay or Homeoffice to split payment. But the problem to that is how can i call them at 00:00 hrs, when the appointments goes live. Any help on this matter is really appreciated.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:02 am

I would suggest speaking to your credit provider and ask them to increase your credit limit on the £5000 one, no harm in trying and explaining your problem. If you have been a good customer, they might do it for you even for a short period.

The other option would be to withdraw cash from your credit cards and put the money in your current account to pay the required fee by debit card. expensive but still a solution?

By the way maintenance funds are not a requirement for ILR purposes, I got my ILR approved few weeks ago without being asked for maintenance funds etc. It is clearly stated in the guidance and whichever case worker asked for it was certainly not aware of the guidance or was ignorant.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 pm

shahjee11 wrote:I would suggest speaking to your credit provider and ask them to increase your credit limit on the £5000 one, no harm in trying and explaining your problem. If you have been a good customer, they might do it for you even for a short period.
No joy. Called the CC company before I posted here. They wont increase credit.
shahjee11 wrote: The other option would be to withdraw cash from your credit cards and put the money in your current account to pay the required fee by debit card. expensive but still a solution?
This I have kept as the last option. As a bank loan would be cheaper to get.
shahjee11 wrote: By the way maintenance funds are not a requirement for ILR purposes, I got my ILR approved few weeks ago without being asked for maintenance funds etc. It is clearly stated in the guidance and whichever case worker asked for it was certainly not aware of the guidance or was ignorant.
Regarding the maintenance fund, you are saying that you didn't got asked to provide any documents. Do you think it was because, you have already met the guidelines for it with the bank statements you have provided to prove your income. If you don't mind, would you let us know if you had low funds in your account when you applied for ILR and still got approved. Also, more importantly, were you on Tier 1 General visa before your ILR. Would appreciate your response on this, as it will relieve some of the pressure on the subject. Many Thanks.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 pm

By the way have you read the guidance? I dont want to cause an offence but I have always found the policy guidance helpful and never really needed to ask questions unless in complete uncertainty. In addition I know how to argue on technical issues being a part of my profession.

Yes I was on tier 1 G and my case was emp+ self emp sole trader as deemed to be a complex one. 2 kids were not included in the ILR application. And there were no enough maintenance fund in the bank statements I provided. Although they were put in a savings A/c.

When you do your ILR self assessment on points calculator, it tells you there too to ignore the maintenance requirement if you are applying for ILR.

My approach has always been to keep things simple. All the best :)

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm

look mate. no maintenance needed for tier 1 settlement. period. if anyone asks you for it at peo, tell them politely that there is no requirement in immigration rules.
and, in my application I didn't have any bank statements at all, if that helps.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

shahjee11 wrote:By the way have you read the guidance? I dont want to cause an offence but I have always found the policy guidance helpful and never really needed to ask questions unless in complete uncertainty. In addition I know how to argue on technical issues being a part of my profession.

Yes I was on tier 1 G and my case was emp+ self emp sole trader as deemed to be a complex one. 2 kids were not included in the ILR application. And there were no enough maintenance fund in the bank statements I provided. Although they were put in a savings A/c.

When you do your ILR self assessment on points calculator, it tells you there too to ignore the maintenance requirement if you are applying for ILR.

My approach has always been to keep things simple. All the best :)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did read the guidances lots of time and the form. And there is no where they ask for it. But then I read in few peoples peo experiences that they were asked to provide maintenance fund details. Which then put me back to squre one. Anyway, thanks for taking time to reply.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Pleasure. Good luck with your application :)