ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual Allocation of COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crish

Annual Allocation of COS

Post by crish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi,
I was made redundant in my current job. Currently I am in UK. How Long I can stay ? My new employer is ready to sponsor my visa. They are A rated registered sponsor and the sponsor license valid until 2016. It seems they didn't request 2013 COS allocation. If they want to issue COS they need this allocation.
What needs to be done for getting the COS allocation?
How to request for it?
And how long it will take to get ?
Will the request be consider now when the 2014 April allocation nearing?

My old employer said that they informed about my redundancy to UKBA on first week of January. But I haven't received any letter form UKBA? Where the letter will be usually sent - to my employer or to me?
How to make a followup regarding this?

Please help me out

Thanks & Regards
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Annual Allocation of COS

Post by manci » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:17 pm

the HO will write to your home address (make sure they have your current address) curtailing your visa to 60 days from the date of their decision, not from your termination date.

Your new sponsor should know what to do, they can request an increase in their 2013/14 unrestricted CoS allocation online through the SMS - it usually comes through in a few days. However, they may have to an RLMT which takes 28 days and in this case they cannot assign a CoS until the RLMT has been done.

If the assignment of the CoS is after 5 April, for whatever reason, they have to apply for unrestricted CoS allocations for 2014/15 which they can do now.

crish

Post by crish » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank your kind reply. When I applied for my Tier 2 visa (old employer) I was in a different address. After I got visa I had move to a different address. But I checked with my employer, my HR said when they contacted UKBA regarding my sponsorship cancelling and to inform about my redundancy, it was requirement to mention the current address. They confirmed back my current address. Is it enough if they mention. Or Is there anyway I can check regarding that.

Thanks & Regards
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:16 pm

crish

Post by crish » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you for the information. My current Tier 2 visa is valid until June 2015, I have a one doubt, whether Curtailment of leave is applicable from when my visa expires or once I receive a letter from UKBA. Please let me know.

Thanks
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 am

the date from which the 60 days are counted is the date when the HO make their decision to curtail

crish

Post by crish » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Manci,
Still I haven't received any letter from UKBA, But mean time I found One sponsor, They are ready to sponsor my visa, But they don't have sponsor license. How long to get sponsor license? and How much salary required for Logistics Consultant?

Many Thanks in Advance,
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 am

crish wrote:Hi Manci,
Still I haven't received any letter from UKBA, But mean time I found One sponsor, They are ready to sponsor my visa, But they don't have sponsor license. How long to get sponsor license?
not possible to predict, it varies - search the forum but note that it also takes some time to put the docmentation together that is required for the licence application
and How much salary required for Logistics Consultant?
you need to look at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

Many Thanks in Advance,
Crish

crish

Post by crish » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Manci,
Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

crish

Post by crish » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 am

Hi Manci,
My previous employer informed home office on 3rd of Jan 2014. As I said till now I haven't received any letter from UKBA. but Mean while what I did, my solicitor advise me "we can write one letter to home office inform them we haven't receive any letter and also we can request to get some extra time min 3 months to find another sponsor like that." we posted 7th Feb for recorded delivery. but still we haven't received any thing. same situation happen to my friend he called home office straight away, they answer to him, " We wont post any letter to Tier 2 visa holders, we can post Tier 4 student only, if you are (Tier 2)finished what ever reason, we are giving to find another sponsor only 60 days, if you couldn't find another sponsor with in 60 days. you have to leave this country immediately ." I called my solicitor he was saying we posted a letter, you can stay in this country legally until we received the letter.

I am totally confused, Can you please let me know, Can I stay in this country legally until I received the letter or not?
Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 pm

read para 228-232 in the T2 sponsor guidance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf
according to para 231 they will inform you in writing but does the HO have your current residential or email address?

see also p103 here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

The HO take some time after they have been notified of the termination before they make the curtailment decision. The longer they take the more time you have to find a new sponsor!

crish

Post by crish » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you so much for quick reply
read para 228-232 in the T2 sponsor guidance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf
according to para 231 they will inform you in writing but does the HO have your current residential or email address?
when i applied my visa i mentioned my old address. but I applied through solicitor and my correspondent address was my solicitor address. UKBA sent my visa and passport to solicitor address.

As mentioned earlier I sent an letter to UKBA through my solicitor on 7th Feb 2014, He attached the MCC form with it. In that I mentioned my contact address as my solicitor address.

And also when my previous employer informed UKBA about my redundancy, they had to mentioned my new address details to them.

Please let me know if I still need to call UKBA to inform my new address.

see also p103 here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

The HO take some time after they have been notified of the termination before they make the curtailment decision. The longer they take the more time you have to find a new sponsor!
Thank you for the information, I got panic when I heard the situation my friend faced. That I need the leave the country.

My wife is working at the moment under Fixed time contract and she is my dependent. Will it be problem for her because of my current situation?

Please let me know since we sent a letter through solicitor, I will not be having any problem like overstaying etc?

Thanks & Regards
Crish

crish

Post by crish » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Manci,

I received my curtailment letter. They provided 2 months to stay. In mean time, I have following doubts:

I read the tier2 guidelines. whether I can apply as new entrant or experienced category.

My SOC code was 1161 and worked in logistics role.

1)Can I work as New entrant in different field eg: environmental or website maintenance oriented. If it is possible, then if i meet that salary in soc code. Is it fine?.

2)My salary was £25000 . If I get employed by a new sponsor, whether i need to get paid more than my past salary or it can be less than £25000 based on SOC code in different category..

3) My past job was Logistics oriented, therefore should have to go same related job,

Many Thanks in advance. please help me out...1

Regards
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:26 am

Your old job is not relevant to your application.

The new job has to meet the current skill and salary requirements.

The new entrant rate would only be sufficient if you were under 26 on the date of the application AND you did not apply to extend your total stay under T2 beyond 3 years.

crish

Post by crish » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:57 am

Dear Manci,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thanks and Reagrds,
Chrish

crish

Post by crish » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Dear Manci,
I found One sponsor, They are ready to sponsor my visa, But they don't have sponsor license. They are going to apply for Sponsor license. My professional is Logistics and supply chain. My old soc code is: 1161 - Managers and directors in transport and distribution - Experienced: £27,600, My new employer they are not offering £27,600, They are ready offer around to £25,000. I could not find any soc code related to my salary. Can you please help me out.

I found One soc code. 3538 - Financial accounts managers Experienced: £24,700, Can you please let me know Is it possible to change Logistics Account Manager. If i applied for this code is it possible to get it visa. Please help me out

Thanks and Reagrds,
Chrish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 pm

crish wrote:Dear Manci,
I found One sponsor, They are ready to sponsor my visa, But they don't have sponsor license. They are going to apply for Sponsor license. My professional is Logistics and supply chain. My old soc code is: 1161 - Managers and directors in transport and distribution - Experienced: £27,600, My new employer they are not offering £27,600, They are ready offer around to £25,000. I could not find any soc code related to my salary. Can you please help me out.
I found One soc code. 3538 - Financial accounts managers Experienced: £24,700, Can you please let me know Is it possible to change Logistics Account Manager. If i applied for this code is it possible to get it visa. Please help me out

Deciding the appropriate job SOC code is the sponsor's responsibility, not yours.

Thanks and Reagrds,
Chrish

ayesha.aykhan

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 am

Hi crish ,

Did you fill the application form for new Tier 2 General application ?

if yes, how did you answer the following questions ?

L9. Is your current or last grant of leave in the same sub category as that for which you
are now applying?

L10. Are you still working for the same employer as you were at the time of your last grant
of leave?
I am making the application after being made redundant. no longer with my present sponsor.

Thanks,

crish

Post by crish » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi ayesha,
No still i haven't made any new application. waiting for my employer.

Thanks and Regards,
chrish

crish

Post by crish » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 pm

[quote="manci"][quote="crish"]Dear Manci,

Deciding the appropriate job SOC code is the sponsor's responsibility, not yours. Thank you for your kind reply. My new employer is new to visa and sponsorship license. They don't have any idea regarding soc codes. They are gathering information from me and UKBA website.They are recruiting me for "Logistics Accounts Manager". Can you please let me know if I can use SOC code: 3538. If you require my job description I can send it to your personal message. Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Chrish