ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from tier2 ICT long term to Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

punithadevi
Newly Registered

switching from tier2 ICT long term to Tier 2 general

Post by punithadevi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 am

Hi

I came to london on OCT 2010 with ICT (established staff)and while renewing the visa there is no same subcategory . so applied for longterm and approved on OCT 2012 as ICT (LONG TERM).Now I'm planning to change sponsor with tier 2 general.

My questions are below.

Question 1: I'm I eligible to apply Tier2 General Visa with different sponsor?
Question 2: If yes, on application _Application For A Grant Of Leave And Biometric Residence Permit Under Tier 2 , page number 31 Question L4 which option to select?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nform1.pdf

Question 3 : i dont find right option to select so i selected (a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrant in the Long Term Staff sub-category Go to question L9 . if i select this my application form is ending on L10 and instruction on page 56 is saying that my application will be refused.

Please help me. i have homeoffice appointment on 24/03/2014. its urgent.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: switching from tier2 ICT long term to Tier 2 general

Post by manci » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 am

don't worry.

Immigration Rule 245HD, which is the law, provides that applications for leave to remain in the T2G category will be granted if you currently have leave as a T2 migrant (which you do) and if your current leave is T2 ICT then you previously had leave in the Established Staff sub-category (which you did have).

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:47 am

thanks for giving hope Manci.
i need two more help from you.
Question 1 : Is T2 ICT Longterm(Which i have ) and Tier 2 (ICT) migrant in the Long Term Staff are same?
Question 2: shall i go a head and select Option "(a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrant in the Long Term Staff sub-category " Go to question L9 and complete the other sections as well (Section M)?

Thank you
Punitha

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi Manci

I got my visa approved, Thanks a lot for your help:)

ayesha.aykhan

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi punithadevi ,

Can you please let me know what were your answers for question L9 and L10. I am in a same situation got PEO appointment day after tomorrow so a but worried where to get information on this.

Thanks,

punithadevi
Newly Registered

Post by punithadevi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am

Hi

sorry for the late reply. i filled my application as Established staff on L4 (Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer; Established Staff) if you are changing sponsor Go to Section M) so i dont need to answer L9 and L10.

Thanks
Punitha

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Mon May 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Punitha, Ayesha,
Can you share some tips on how you got the job offer before you switched to tier2 general. I am trying for facing issues as agencies turn their back when they know visa status. Any specific tips tricks or consultancy which can help, please share. Look forward to your suggestions. Mani

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Mon May 26, 2014 10:10 pm

punithadevi wrote:Hi

sorry for the late reply. i filled my application as Established staff on L4 (Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer; Established Staff) if you are changing sponsor Go to Section M) so i dont need to answer L9 and L10.

Thanks
Punitha
Hi Punitha, Can you share some tips on how you got the job offer before you switched to tier2 general. I am trying for facing issues as agencies turn their back when they know visa status. Any specific tips tricks or consultancy which can help, please share. Look forward to your suggestions. Mani

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Wed May 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Manci and all,

Has the rule changed anything this Apr? Is established staff arriving before Apr 2011 is still allowed to switch to tier2 general. I have got a sponsor who is ready to sponsor but I need to look for a job myself.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu May 29, 2014 6:09 am

T2 ICT Established Staff is still allowed to switch to T2G

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 pm

manci wrote:T2 ICT Established Staff is still allowed to switch to T2G
I arrived in Tier 2 ICT before Apr 2011. Thanks for confirming that I can switch. Will I be allowed to get 5 or 6 years in Tier 2 general and be eligible for ILR after 5 years of switch. I saw few posts which made me confused that new rules affect the ILR chances. Thanks in advance for the reply.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 30, 2014 8:58 pm

manini wrote:
manci wrote:T2 ICT Established Staff is still allowed to switch to T2G
I arrived in Tier 2 ICT before Apr 2011. Thanks for confirming that I can switch. Will I be allowed to get 5 or 6 years in Tier 2 general and be eligible for ILR after 5 years of switch. I saw few posts which made me confused that new rules affect the ILR chances.
when you switch you can only get leave up to 6 years total including the period under T2 ICT. You will not be eligible for ILR after 5 years in the UK as a T2 migrant because your T2 ICT leave didn't include a period under the rules before 6 April 2010.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

hi, Can you help in getting the document that says if I switch to tier 2 general then I will be allowed only limited years and will not be allowed ILR. I read that rule only applies to anyone who had leave before Apr 2011. As mine was entry clearance in Mar 2011 and not leave, I assume the rule does not apply to me. But would request you to share with me any rule/document which stops me in staying 5 years after switching. My agency says I can get 3 years initially and then another 2 years. May be they are mistaken but I need to show them some real document/link to rule which says otherwise. I entered UK in tier 2 ICT in Mar 2011.
Thanks for your input in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:45 pm

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Got it now. Thanks but does this mean there is no route to stay longer here or get ILR for me as I came after in Mar 2011. Can my spouse with dependent visa switch and be eligible for ILR? I have stayed 4 years now means even if I switch I can stay maximum 2 years which does not justify to switch. So any route out to stay longer I can explore?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 pm

The Apr 14 rule change is particularly harsh on those, like you, who came to the UK as T2 ICT Established Staff in the period Apr 10 - Apr 11.

Your spouse can be sponsored to become a T2G migrant but she would have to apply from her home country and have a CoS. Under current rules she would then be eligible for ILR after 5 years and so would you if you switched into the PBS dependant category and served the 5 year probationary period.

Another option would be the 10 year route to settlement if you remained on T2 ICT. In your case (entry clearance under the rules before 5 Apr 11) there is no limit to the number of extensions you can have but of course your employer would need to continue sponsoring you.

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

10 year route no chance we know. Any option for me here or after going back home country without dependent option? Sad that things are getting complex in rules.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:58 am

if you return to home country you could apply for T2G after 1 year cooling off (with CoS) and ILR after 5 years once you are back

India_123

Post by India_123 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:44 pm

manci wrote:if you return to home country you could apply for T2G after 1 year cooling off (with CoS) and ILR after 5 years once you are back
Hi Manci,

Not sure if the Apr 14 change actually says Tier 2 ICT leave spent as well get considered when we switch to Tier 2 G. few people in this forum posted that they have got 5 years tier 2 G visa recently when they switch from Tier 2 ICT even though they spent few years already in Tier 2 ICT, example is one in link below. Given this case, there seems to be no change in Tier 2 G as far as the 6 year limit is concerned??

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1047557

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 am

read immigration rule 245HE a) and b):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm

manci wrote:The Apr 14 rule change is particularly harsh on those, like you, who came to the UK as T2 ICT Established Staff in the period Apr 10 - Apr 11.
Your spouse can be sponsored to become a T2G migrant but she would have to apply from her home country and have a CoS. Under current rules she would then be eligible for ILR after 5 years and so would you if you switched into the PBS dependant category and served the 5 year probationary period.
Will 1 year cooling off period apply to spouse as spouse has to fly back and apply from home country. If spouse switch from dependent to tier2 general in country does that lead to ILR still even if spouse has arrived as dependent between apr 10 to apr 11? Rules and clauses are getting so complex year after year.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:28 am

manini wrote:
manci wrote:The Apr 14 rule change is particularly harsh on those, like you, who came to the UK as T2 ICT Established Staff in the period Apr 10 - Apr 11.
Will 1 year cooling off period apply to spouse as spouse has to fly back and apply from home country.
no cooling-off for spouse if she is changing from PBS dependant leave to T2G from home country

If spouse switch from dependent to tier2 general in country
not allowed

does that lead to ILR still even if spouse has arrived as dependent between apr 10 to apr 11? Rules and clauses are getting so complex year after year.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Post by reachkk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Mancy,

I came to UK on a Tier 2 Long term ICT VISA in Nov 2011. The Visa expires in Oct 2014 which I can extend for another 2 years.

However I am looking for changing to Tier 2 General and looking for sponsor.

I understand that I cannot change my VISA according to new rules. However if I do have a sponsor, will I be able to change my VISA to Tier 2 General from my home country?
What are the chances of VISA rejections under such conditions?
Do you know of any such successful cases? (migrating from Tier 2 long term ICT (after April 2011) to Tier 2 General)

Appreciate your response.

Thanks..

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:51 pm

reachkk wrote:Hi Mancy,

I came to UK on a Tier 2 Long term ICT VISA in Nov 2011. The Visa expires in Oct 2014 which I can extend for another 2 years.

However I am looking for changing to Tier 2 General and looking for sponsor.

I understand that I cannot change my VISA according to new rules. However if I do have a sponsor, will I be able to change my VISA to Tier 2 General from my home country?
yes, but only after 1 year cooling off

What are the chances of VISA rejections under such conditions?
Do you know of any such successful cases? (migrating from Tier 2 long term ICT (after April 2011) to Tier 2 General)

Appreciate your response.

Thanks..

manini
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by manini » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:24 pm

1) Someone told me Tier2 ICT established staff arriving betw Apr 201 - Apr 2011 can change as the rule change was a typo only and they are still allowed to change to tier 2 general. Is it true?
2) Now that Tier2 ICT established staff arriving betw Apr 201 - Apr 2011 can stay unlimited, so does that mean by default after 10 years they get PR as anyone staying for 10 years becomes citizen/PR by law. Is it right?
3) Is there any rule change forecast next year which can allow people with Tier2 ICT established staff arriving betw Apr 201 - Apr 2011 to stay 5 years in tier 2 general or any other option will become open to stay as PR?
Thanks