ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Treatment during visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier2ilr

Medical Treatment during visit visa

Post by tier2ilr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Dear Guru's

My parents visited the UK on Visa visa of 6 Months.My father was un-well so i took him to Private Medical Treatment where he was examined 2-3 times by a doctor and he did few medical tests etc and prescribe him some tablets and asked him to stop taking the tablet he was taking earlier advised by a doctor back Home country.

I paid the full expenses of the treatment and bill etc were fully Paid.His intention were never to get treatment during his visit visa as he was aware of the fact that its not allowed. But just because of severity of the problem he visited the doctor for Private treatment.

Now i am reapplying for His visit Visa again.Please advise me what should i mention as our intentions were never to hide any info

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Medical Treatment during visit visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:00 pm

If medical treatment has been paid in full, I don't see why you think there is an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Thanks for your response

But issue is that

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa

You can’t:

take paid or unpaid work
live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
get private medical treatment
get public funds

Yes i paid Full payment to private hospital on 2-3 visits. Nothing is due to them

My question is that if someone get ill during there stay then without having NHS number they cant get treated in Govt Hospitals while if they can pay to private then Why it is not allowed?

I paid in full as he was uncomfortable due to his condition. Now he is good after the checkup. He went back to home country now i want to apply for his visit visa again.

Please suggest what to do.

Regards

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 pm

My understanding of the rules is that you cannot enter the UK on a visit visa if you INTEND to receive medical treatment. Your father became ill while visiting, you took him to a doctor and paid for his treatment. I cannot see a problem here.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

as visit visa says no recourse to public funds .so if treatment was paid its ok.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

km77pk
Newly Registered

Post by km77pk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

Have you got the visa of your father in the end, I have same scenario looking to apply

thanks
Khurram