ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon SET(O) Successful application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Croydon SET(O) Successful application

Post by bilalazeem » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 am

Applied on 28th March 14
Main Applicant - Tier 1 G (3 years + 2 years extension)
Visa stamped on 23/APR/09, Entered on 15/May/09, applied on 28/Mar/14 (26 days before date of stamp)
1 PBS Dependant
Visa stamped in April 2010, arrived in UK on 1/06/10

Appointment: 13:30
Reached PEO at 13:00, got token at 13:15, registration at 13:45, Biometrics at 14:15, Decision at 15:30> no questions asked.

We have a son and a daughter (Alhamdulillah). Didn't apply for our kids with us they were both born in UK so now planning to apply using MN1 form, IA, for both of them. (and yes they were with us at PEO)

DETAILS OF DOCUMENTS ATTACHED (pasting as I printed on Cover Letter)

DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED:
- Filled SET (O) form.
- Payment Receipt
- Two Passport size photographs of myself and two photographs of dependent, with names on the Back.
ORIGINALS Attached
- My Original Current Valid Passport
- My Old original Passport that has my first Tier 1 General Visa
- My original BRP confirming my current status
- Original passport of my wife/dependent.
- Original BRP issued to my wife/dependent.
- Our Original Marriage Certificate.
- Original Master’s Degree of Main Applicant with original Transcript
- Payslips for 12 months, with letter from employer confirming job status and authenticity of Payslips
- Personal bank statement for 12 months showing 12 Salaries.
- Life in the UK Pass Test Notification for Main Applicant.
- Last IELTS scorecard for Main Applicant.
- Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for Main applicant along with letter from University.
- Letter from Employer confirming job status and details of Business related travel.

DOCUMENTS DIRECTLY RELATED TO POINT SCORING AREAS/OTHER COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
MAIN APPLICANT
AGE: 20 Points Claimed. Under 28 years of age at the date of the application for first grant of leave.
Current Valid Passport attached as advised in Policy Guidance.

QUALIFICATION: 30 Points Claimed. I previously scored points for the same qualification for which I wish to claim points on this application. Copies of Degree and Transcript attached.

PREVIOUS EARNINGS: 20 Points Claimed.
Supporting Documents 1 – Signed and Stamped Pay Slips from company for 12 months (March 2013 to February 2014) AND Letter from company confirming employment and earnings per month.
Supporting Documents 2 – Original Personal Bank Statements showing monthly Net salaries received in 12 months from March 2013 to February 2014. Figures highlighted on bank statements.

UK EXPERIENCE: 05 Points Claimed. As advised in the Guidance Notes, I am not required to submit any specific documentary requirements as the necessary documentation have been provided in respect of previous earning assessment.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
I satisfied the English language requirements in my previous application. My IELTS scorecard that I submitted with my first application is attached.
UK NARIC statement of comparability attached, along with the original letter from University confirming the medium of instruction and examination was English.

PRINT OUT OF POINTS CALCULATOR/SELF ASSESSMENT SUMMARY ATTACHED

LIFE IN THE UK:
Pass Test Notification attached.

EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE
- Letter from my employer for both business and personal travel.
- Table attached summarizing absences in last 5 years.

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS FOR DEPENDENT
ORIGINALS Attached
- Life in the UK Pass Test Notification for Dependent
- Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for Dependent along with letter from University
- Original Master’s Degree of Dependent with original Transcript (from Pakistan)

LIFE IN THE UK:
- Pass Test Notification attached.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
- UK NARIC statement of comparability attached,
- Original letter from University confirming the medium of instruction and examination was English.
- Original Master’s Degree.

COHABITATION DOCUMENTS:
- Bank statements of our joint account attached, covering last two years.
- Personal bank statement of my wife showing our address, covering last two years.
- Last two Council Tax Bills attached showing our names.
- Letters in our names attached, received from UKBA in June 2012 with our BRPs.
- Electoral Registration letter (have my name and wife’s name on it)
- Copies of Birth Certificates of our daughter and son attached.
- Copy of our Driving licences attached, both showing our current address.
- Our original Marriage Certificate attached
- Random Utility Bills attached
- Tenancy Agreement attached.
- Car insurance, for both of us, on same address

I have tried to attach the formats for 'days away from uk' and 'letter from employer' but system has rejected all possible formats (rejected PDF, DOC, XLS etc).

I didn't have letter from previous employers for my personal holidays (44 Personal Holidays in first year & 37 holidays in 2nd year) and they did not ask for it either. Only attached letter for business and personal holidays in last 3 and a 1/2 years (from my current employer)

let me know if you have any questions.

thanks.

Suniln
Newly Registered

Re: Croydon SET(O) Successful application

Post by Suniln » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Congrates and Thanks for the information, its very useful.

I have one question regarding dependent kids who are skipped in SET(O) application, Have you mentioned your kids names anywhere in SET(O) applications? if yes! then which section? Actually, I am going for application on Friday .
Many Thanks,
Sunil

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Suniln wrote:Congrates and Thanks for the information, its very useful.

I have one question regarding dependent kids who are skipped in SET(O) application, Have you mentioned your kids names anywhere in SET(O) applications? if yes! then which section? Actually, I am going for application on Friday .
Many Thanks,
Sunil
You absolutely don't need to mention the names of your kids if not applying with you (money saving) provided they were born in the UK, you can go on and apply for their British Registration(MN1) once you get your ILR.

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 am

sorry for delayed reply...your question was correctly answered that you don't need to mention the names of your kids (born in UK) on SET (O) form if you are not including them on your ILR application.
thanks.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 am

Congrats

Can you please tell me if you provide any p60 or HMRC letters ?

Muhammad hibaan
Newly Registered

Post by Muhammad hibaan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Can you please tell me if you provide any p60 or
HMRC letters ?

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:00 pm

No, didn't provide P60s. (had them handy but they didn't ask for P60s). Only submitted salary slips and bank statement for 12 months.

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 pm

DETAILS OF DOCUMENTS ATTACHED (pasting as I printed on Cover Letter)

DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED:
- Filled SET (O) form.
- Payment Receipt
- Two Passport size photographs of myself and two photographs of dependent, with names on the Back.
ORIGINALS Attached
- My Original Current Valid Passport
- My Old original Passport that has my first Tier 1 General Visa
- My original BRP confirming my current status
- Original passport of my wife/dependent.
- Original BRP issued to my wife/dependent.
- Our Original Marriage Certificate.
- Original Master’s Degree of Main Applicant with original Transcript
- Payslips for 12 months, with letter from employer confirming job status and authenticity of Payslips
- Personal bank statement for 12 months showing 12 Salaries.
- Life in the UK Pass Test Notification for Main Applicant.
- Last IELTS scorecard for Main Applicant.
- Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for Main applicant along with letter from University.
- Letter from Employer confirming job status and details of Business related travel.

DOCUMENTS DIRECTLY RELATED TO POINT SCORING AREAS/OTHER COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
MAIN APPLICANT
AGE: 20 Points Claimed. Under 28 years of age at the date of the application for first grant of leave.
Current Valid Passport attached as advised in Policy Guidance.

QUALIFICATION: 30 Points Claimed. I previously scored points for the same qualification for which I wish to claim points on this application. Copies of Degree and Transcript attached.

PREVIOUS EARNINGS: 40 Points Claimed.
Supporting Documents 1 – Signed and Stamped Pay Slips from company for 12 months (March 2013 to February 2014) AND Letter from company confirming employment and earnings per month.
Supporting Documents 2 – Original Personal Bank Statements showing monthly Net salaries received in 12 months from March 2013 to February 2014. Figures highlighted on bank statements.

UK EXPERIENCE: 05 Points Claimed. As advised in the Guidance Notes, I am not required to submit any specific documentary requirements as the necessary documentation have been provided in respect of previous earning assessment.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
I satisfied the English language requirements in my previous application. My IELTS scorecard that I submitted with my first application is attached.
UK NARIC statement of comparability attached, along with the original letter from University confirming the medium of instruction and examination was English.

PRINT OUT OF POINTS CALCULATOR/SELF ASSESSMENT SUMMARY ATTACHED

LIFE IN THE UK:
Pass Test Notification attached.

EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE
- Table attached summarizing absences in last 5 years.

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS FOR DEPENDENT
ORIGINALS Attached
- Life in the UK Pass Test Notification for Dependent
- Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for Dependent along with letter from University
- Original Master’s Degree of Dependent with original Transcript (from Pakistan)

LIFE IN THE UK:
- Pass Test Notification attached.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
- UK NARIC statement of comparability attached,
- Original letter from University confirming the medium of instruction and examination was English.
- Original Master’s Degree.

COHABITATION DOCUMENTS:
- Bank statements of our joint account attached, covering last two years.
- Personal bank statement of my wife showing our address, covering last two years.
- Last two Council Tax Bills attached showing our names.
- Letters in our names attached, received from UKBA in June 2012 with our BRPs.
- Electoral Registration letter (have my name and wife’s name on it)
- Copies of Birth Certificates of our daughter and son attached.
- Copy of our Driving licences attached, both showing our current address.
- Our original Marriage Certificate attached
- Random Utility Bills attached
- Tenancy Agreement attached.
- Car insurance, for both of us, on same address

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Guys

I would need some help with UK Naric letter, my wife has done masters in Pakistan so I sent the degree, transcript and letter from Uni that the degree is taught in English.

Naric sent the letter back with saying 'English Language for above degree is considered to meet requirements for CEFR level C1'

Same thing my friend did for his wife and she received letter back from Naric saying 'the above degree is comparable to british bachelor degree standard'

I am confused that who is right or will both work ??

I think on NARIC website there are two options one is: English Language Assessment and other is : Statement of Comparability

Which one is right or are both right ??

Please help appointment on Monday - 28th April 2014

Thanks

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 am

Both letters will work. If you give comparability letter then you must provide medium of instruction letter from university with it.
saeumair wrote:Hi Guys

I would need some help with UK Naric letter, my wife has done masters in Pakistan so I sent the degree, transcript and letter from Uni that the degree is taught in English.

Naric sent the letter back with saying 'English Language for above degree is considered to meet requirements for CEFR level C1'

Same thing my friend did for his wife and she received letter back from Naric saying 'the above degree is comparable to british bachelor degree standard'

I am confused that who is right or will both work ??

I think on NARIC website there are two options one is: English Language Assessment and other is : Statement of Comparability

Which one is right or are both right ??

Please help appointment on Monday - 28th April 2014

Thanks

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Both are ok.

With Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC you will still have to submit original letter from Uni confirming medium of instruction was English.

With English Language Assessment from UK NARIC you are not required to submit letter from Uni; but you should keep it handy just in case..
See below the explanation I received from UKBA regarding English Language requirement:

From: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries <KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
Date: 23 January 2014 12:36:59 GMT

Cc: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries <KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject: RE: Application for Settlement - English Language requirement
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e mail regarding using a degree as evidence of the English language element of the KOLL. Your e mail has been passed to this team for response. We can accept that a person has a relevant qualification if they provide:

. A printout from the points-based calculator, confirming the degree has been awarded points for being comparable to a UK degree, and an additional 10 points for English language, or if the degree is not on the points-based calculator,

o an English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC, which will confirm that the degree has been taught in English. (ELAs are only issued where UK NARIC are satisfied that the qualification is comparable with a UK Bachelor's degree.)
OR
o a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and
o an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming the applicant's name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English

If using an IELTS qualification as evidence of English language, we can accept a certificate that is greater than 2 years old, provided the IELTS test was passed at or above level B1 on the Common European Framework Reference for languages (CEFR), and has been used for an earlier immigration application, it will be acceptable, even where is it greater than 2 years old.

I trust this answers your questions.

Regards

Ann

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 am

thanks a lot

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Did you have any period of un employment when you switch from one employer to another and you were out of UK

Any advise on this scenario...

aryangreat0
Newly Registered

Post by aryangreat0 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Bilal,

Could you please let me know what letters from Employer you attached with your application i.e. I am confuse for:

- Letter from emploer for Paternity leave

Thanks