ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssingh6

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by ssingh6 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:22 pm

@Brightlight:I suggest you to call your council and ask if they have got any letter from HO for you,I have seen in other threads that council confirmed about letter and even date of ceremony...

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:38 pm

ssingh6 wrote:@Brightlight:I suggest you to call your council and ask if they have got any letter from HO for you,I have seen in other threads that council confirmed about letter and even date of ceremony...
@ssingh6, you mean, council where I am going to have my ceremony? Because I apply for different council due to my guest, who I invited.
Will let u know

xeel

Post by xeel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:45 pm

I called my local council :(.. did not help! :(

ssingh6

Post by ssingh6 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm

@Brightlight:I had the same situation..I applied at different council to where I live.......I contacted both..but in vain..:(

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi All,

Here is my timeline. Thank you for this forum during my Immigration journey... :)

Eligibility criteria: 2 YR HSMP + 3 yr Tier 1 (G) + 1Yr ILR Applicants: 3 applicants (2 AN + 1 MN1 Registration)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): PBS Used documents , Letter from University (Australian Degree). Wife used B1 Test
Current nationality: Sri Lankan
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Maidenhead
Date of application: 27/02/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/02/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 07/03/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/03/2014
Date approval received: 24/04/2014
Date of ceremony: Not Booked yet (will call the council tomorrow morning)

For the benefit of others who used PBS documents as part of English eligiblity, I used the same together with a letter from the University conforming Degree was taught in English. Hope it helps.

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 YR HSMP + 3 yr Tier 1 (G) + 1Yr ILR Applicants: 4 applicants (2 AN + 2 MN1 Registration)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): PBS , NARIC, Letter from University. Wife used PBS & NARIC
Council name if NCS used: LLandudno
Date of application: 03/02/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Cheque(got returned), Debit card
Date of acknowledgment: Never got it
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/03/2014
Date approval received: 24/04/2014
Date of ceremony: Not Booked yet (will call the council tomorrow morning)
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

xeel

Post by xeel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Talking to my council, interestingly, she mentioned that HO sends them batch of letters on Wednesdays only. So does that mean all decisions are posted once a week..

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm

ssingh6 wrote:Guys

I suggest you to call your councils and ask if they have got any letter from HO for you,I have seen in other threads that council confirmed about letter and even date of ceremony...please share your experiences...
Can you please tell where exactly to call? As I've said before, I called NCS through which I applied and they said they don't deal with the application after they submit it and advised to contact HO. Maybe it is some other department within the council I should contact about this letter, not NCS?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Help Needed,
every time when I send email to nationality help desk and further information one but straightaway I have received automatic email reply. no phone worked as well what can I do. my time line is that.
application submitted through NCS on 21st Feb 2014.
Home office received on 24th Feb 2014.
acknowledgement received First Mar 2014 dated 26th Feb 2014.
Fees debit 26 Feb 2014.
approval waiting.
Updated News. in the past month every week I was visited My NCS but every time just she asked the last name then says I don't have any thing for you its look like good sound if the home office need something then they will send you letter and she also said you have just over two month you still have to wait further 4 month to call the home office. I have told her there is lots of people from March application were granted approval but she said again in the home Nationality section there is 64 case worker and some one want clear more quickly or some one want to delaying decision for no reason. Any way I am still waiting.
best wishes
babe khyber
Last edited by babe_khyber on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Saffagrl wrote:Eligibility: 5 year EU spouse + 1 year PR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK degree
Current nationality: South Aftica
Council name if NCS used: essex
Date of application: 25/02/2014
Payment method Personal cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/2/14
Date of ceremony: 14/5/14

No letter from UKBA received, only invite from council.

A note from applicants on EU family member route: I applied a year from when I became eligible for PR (Feb)(ie 5 year anniversary date), not a year from the date the PR card was issued (May)
Same situation here, we even applied on the same day! Though I did wait 1 year after PR was issued. Still waiting... So you didn't receive any letters from HO at all?

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:44 am

xeel wrote:Talking to my council, interestingly, she mentioned that HO sends them batch of letters on Wednesdays only. So does that mean all decisions are posted once a week..
When I spoke with Islington Council, they informed me the exact same thing

Stormyturtle
Newly Registered

Post by Stormyturtle » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 am

Stormyturtle wrote:
Stormyturtle wrote:Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC +15months ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): LIUK + Masters degree
Current nationality:
Council name if NCS used: Redbridge
Date of application: 05/02/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/02/2014
Date of acknowlegment: 11/02/2014(Request for alternative payment, same details sent back and account debited on 24/02/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/02/14
Date approval received:15/04/2014
Date of ceremony:tbc

Having seen some February applicants receiving their approval I decided to contact the NCS and ask if they have heard anything from the home office and maybe its just the snail mail that HO use that is holding up my approval, but they responded and said they have no further update on my application as of yet(this was on Friday 4th of April.
On the morning of 5th April i got a brown envelope from home office, my heart skipped 3 beats(thinking my application has been rejected as council does not have my details). Opened up the envelope and home office requesting to see original passport and birth certificate of spouse. Passport of spouse and birth certificate sent on the same day. Now the waiting continues again for how long more i dont know. Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes for them to reach a decision after requesting documents.
The wait is agonizing.
After sending off the requested documents with a self addressed special delivery envelope included for the return of the documents, i am happy to report the special delivery came back today with a letter in it stating the application has been successful and that i should wait for an invitation to ceremony letter within the next two weeks.
Glad that hurdle has been crossed now, on to the next one.
Good luck to all those still waiting.
Ceremony letter arrived in the post yesterday(2nd class post letter dated 14th of April), so first thing this morning they will be hearing from me. :lol: :lol: :D

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:13 am

babe_khyber wrote:Help Needed,
every time when I send email to nationality help desk and further information one but straightaway I have received automatic email reply. no phone worked as well what can I do. my time line is that.
application submitted through NCS on 21st Feb 2014.
Home office received on 24th Feb 2014.
acknowledgement received First Mar 2014 dated 26th Feb 2014.
Fees debit 26 Feb 2014.
approval waiting.
Updated News. in the past month every week I was visited My NCS but every time just she asked the last name then says I don't have any thing for you its look like good sound if the home office need something then they will send you letter and she also said you have just over two month you still have to wait further 4 month to call the home office. I have told her there is lots of people from March application were granted approval but she said again in the home Nationality section there is 64 case worker and some one want clear more quickly or some one want to delaying decision for no reason. Any way I am still waiting.
best wishes
babe khyber

they said caseworkers are given a target of completing 10 cases a day and what they do is go through the files and select the more complicated cases and give priority to them. the straight forward cases are then put aside to wait or given to junior members of the team to complete. after they complete these straight forward cases, they then have to be quality checked before approval letter is written. All of these factors attribute to why some people get approvals before others even though you may have applied before or on the same day as them.

"Each caseworker was required to make 10 decisions a day, which was the foundation of the overall decision making target.
For example, we found that caseworkers reviewed their entire allocation of files, established which ones needed additional information (and were therefore likely to take longer) and prioritised those first. This meant that information could be obtained without adding unnecessary delay to the decision making process".

Stormyturtle
Newly Registered

Post by Stormyturtle » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am

Stormyturtle wrote:
Stormyturtle wrote:
Stormyturtle wrote:Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC +15months ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): LIUK + Masters degree
Current nationality:
Council name if NCS used: Redbridge
Date of application: 05/02/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/02/2014
Date of acknowlegment: 11/02/2014(Request for alternative payment, same details sent back and account debited on 24/02/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/02/14
Date approval received:15/04/2014
Date of ceremony:26/04/14(PRIVATE)
Having seen some February applicants receiving their approval I decided to contact the NCS and ask if they have heard anything from the home office and maybe its just the snail mail that HO use that is holding up my approval, but they responded and said they have no further update on my application as of yet(this was on Friday 4th of April.
On the morning of 5th April i got a brown envelope from home office, my heart skipped 3 beats(thinking my application has been rejected as council does not have my details). Opened up the envelope and home office requesting to see original passport and birth certificate of spouse. Passport of spouse and birth certificate sent on the same day. Now the waiting continues again for how long more i dont know. Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes for them to reach a decision after requesting documents.
The wait is agonizing.
After sending off the requested documents with a self addressed special delivery envelope included for the return of the documents, i am happy to report the special delivery came back today with a letter in it stating the application has been successful and that i should wait for an invitation to ceremony letter within the next two weeks.
Glad that hurdle has been crossed now, on to the next one.
Good luck to all those still waiting.
Ceremony letter arrived in the post yesterday(2nd class post letter dated 14th of April), so first thing this morning they will be hearing from me. :lol: :lol: :D

missfof9
Newly Registered

Post by missfof9 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello Everyone,

Finally the wait is over.... Opened my front door this morning and to my surprise 3 brown enveloppes!!!

One for each applicant (Me,hubby and 5yo daughter)

Eligibility criteria: EEA National Exercising Treaty Right for 6 years + Hubby (5 years stay + 1 year ILR) + 5yo daughter MN1
Life in the UK test + Degree from UK University
Method of application: NCS Bromley on 26/02/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/02/2014
Date of debit of fees: 04/03/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Received 07/03/2014, dated 04/03/2014
Date of receipt of approval: 25/04/2014 (dated 14/04/2014)
Date of Ceremony: TBC (Just called Bromley council and next available date is 13/05 so will probably book it)

This forum has been a great source of information, Good luck to everyone still waiting. Next stop Passport application!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi guys,
Can I ask how many people are still waiting for their approval from February?! Unfortunately,,,
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:54 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys,
Can I ask how many people are still waiting for their approval from February?! Unfortunately,,,
As per my sheet, quite a few ... 13 actually :(

macmac
Newly Registered

Post by macmac » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:17 pm

It seems delay is due to easter break and then the 2nd class post taking nearly 2 weeks to deliver.

hope for good!! :D

man4uni wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys,
As per my sheet, quite a few ... 13 actually :(

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 am

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well :D

Congratulations to all those who have received their approvals last week... Good Luck to the ones, still waiting

Here is the updated sheet for this week. I have included the timelines for sunshine15, Saffagrl and MP1982 on the sheet
Attachments
Feb_2014_6.png
Feb_2014_6.png (118.88 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

got to agree @macmac...my approval as per the HO letter ins 11th April but recvd it on the 24th. Ceremony now booked for 7th May now :)

xeel

Post by xeel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 am

Guys,

I have been trying to call the 0300 123 2253 for a while now, all I get is an automated message "due to high number of calls etc etc .."..

Is there a better way to contact HO for nationality status?

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:59 am

xeel wrote:Guys,

I have been trying to call the 0300 123 2253 for a while now, all I get is an automated message "due to high number of calls etc etc .."..

Is there a better way to contact HO for nationality status?
I have the same problem. And I am really worried as I know a few letters posted to my address have gone missing. I wouldn't like the HO one to be among them. But cannot get through to them on the phone :(

robakles
Newly Registered

Post by robakles » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:12 am

Home office has the worst customer service i 've came across with. An absolute joke

xeel

Post by xeel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 am

Ahh, atlast I was able to go through the helpline.. they said they "think" the decision has been made today and I should have something in POST in next 7-10 working days.. !

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:51 am

NEW UPDATE ON TODAT 29/04/2014.
Received Email from our MP Which I want to share with you who were still waiting since Feb Group.

Thank you for your e-mail to Paul.

I have spoken to the Home Office and confirmed that your application has been received and will be considered but as with all applications for naturalisation it is not possible to give a timescale. This is due to the fact that a number of checks have to be done before British Citizenship is granted and these checks can take varying amounts of time to complete. I am afraid that there is little that can be done to expedite naturalisation cases and it is simply a case of being patient.

I am sorry not to be able to provide you with more positive news but citizenship will not be granted until such time as the Home Office have completed all the necessary checks.

Yours sincerely

Jason Read, Senior Caseworker

Office of Paul Blomfield MP, Member of Parliament