ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bale541
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by bale541 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 pm

milan69 wrote:Hi Bale,
see question 8 – Good Character Requirement FAQs.
Sorry again
I am still confused in which section I need to fill in on application form

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 pm

If you were issued an FPN it doesn't need declaring but you should include a copy of your paper counterpart if points are still on it,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khan09
Newly Registered

Post by khan09 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:27 am

I am applying for naturalisation in June 2014. I got my ILR in June 2013. My questions are as follows:

1) Is my Life in the UK test that I passed for ILR is also valid for naturalisation or I have to give it again? I am asking this because the application form page 5 have this option:

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;"

Given that I passed my life in the uk test before 28 October 2013 does that mean I have to give it again?

2) I have a MSC degree from City University, do I have to get NAIRC comparability letter?

The updated application form and rules are very confusing!

Thanks for the help :)

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:29 pm

1. You don't need to pass LIUK test, just write the number of the one you've passed in the box on the form.
by Amber_ » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 pm
If the masters was taught in the UK then no further evidence but for the certificate.
I am sometimes wrong.

lake1

Is a new version of form AN due anytime soon?

Post by lake1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi All,

Do anyone know what was the last version of form AN before the current one, the current one is October 2013 what was the one before it?

Am asking because am looking to naturalise around August this year and I want to fill in the form now or as soon as possible but I dont want to get my referees to sign the form on this version then find out the form has changed before I apply and thus asking them to sign again.

Is there any chance there will be a new version of form AN before August this year?

I noticed that most forms for other applications was changed earlier this month but nothing for form AN.

Annuk
Newly Registered

Post by Annuk » Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi guys
I would like to ask about referees.
One of them is Self-Employed and second one is quantitative analyst.
But not exactly from this list. I don't know any person this profession.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Does your Self employed referee have a limited company by any chance?
I am sometimes wrong.

Annuk
Newly Registered

Post by Annuk » Wed May 07, 2014 3:22 pm

milan69 wrote:Does your Self employed referee have a limited company by any chance?
No, he'd close Limited Company in February.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:31 pm

For my first referee I would do my best for him/her to be from list of allowed professions.
I am sometimes wrong.

divisionbell

Post by divisionbell » Wed May 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi,
I have a few questions about submitting my citizenship application:
1. Q1.17: while stating my addresses for 5 years, I remembered that while moving from one apartment to another in 2010, I had vacated my previous apartment, and went abroad for ten days for holidays. I moved to the new apartment after coming back to UK. In this case, do I need to leave gap of ten days which I spent with my family abroad and mention dates of leaving previous apartment and occupying new apartment accurately? And mention the address abroad where I lived for these ten days? Or I should not mention this gap?

Secondly in 2012, I moved apartment again. Vacated previous apartment and went holidaying staying in hotels for next three weeks in UK, and then moved into new apartment. Should I state the correct dates against leaving prev apartment and moving into new one which will have a gap of three weeks? Or should I not mention this gap?

2. Q1.22: for english language requirement, which box should I tick? My degree from abroad was recognised by pbs calculator which means it is recognised by Naric. Also when I came to UK on hsmp in 2008, I had taken IELTS test at that time. I plan to submit that expired IELTS certificate, alongwith with my degree certificate and printout of pbs calculator. Do you think this evidence is good enough for meeting english language requirement? I ll submit life in uk tret result too as evidence for life in uk. Can u confirm if I shud tick the first or the second box in this question?

Thanks

newcitizen
Newly Registered

Clarification to fill AN & MN1 forms

Post by newcitizen » Thu May 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi,

I have gone through this site many times and got a great help from the topics dicsussed. Thanks to everyone. Currently, I am applying naturalisation for me & my child. I have few questions on the AN & MN1 forms filling. Can anyone please clarify on the doubts below ?

AN Form
----------
1) Under Knowledge of language/Life in the UK part - Page number 5 - Question 1.22 ?? -> I have passed my Life in the UK test and have filled the test number in the box and ticked the first check box. However, I have got India university based engineering degree and it has been recognised in the PBS calculator and given points for language requirement and qualification requirements. Based on this, which check box should I tick in "AND EITHER category" I am not sure which box I have to tick ?

2) If I produce the PBS calculator printout whcih shows my Indian university diplayed and points provided, does it enough to satisfy the Language requirement? along with my original degree certificate? I have not got UKNARIC certificate one. so very much worried :(

3) Page 10-Section 3- Question 3.5 -- > what should I write for "Address of tax office or tax office reference"? I am working as a permanent employee and not sure about the tax office details(Known only the name HMRC)

4) What is the latest version of the form AN?

MN1 Form
------------
1) My child born in India and now with me in UK with ILR. Also me & my wife have got ILR too. So, I am applying for my child naturalization. Which section shoudl I fill in question 1.1. I am confused about the sections. But, I guess SECTION 3(1). still need to double check and get confirmation ?

2) Do I need to fill the section 3 on page 8--if the section I filled 1.1 as SECTION 3(1)?

3) What is the latest version of the form MN1?

Please clarify and make me clear on this as sson as possible. My appointment is very much nearing. Thanks in advance.

newcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by newcitizen » Fri May 23, 2014 8:17 am

Hi, Can anyone please clarify on my doubts. Thanks a lot.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Sat May 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi All,
I hope that someone was in the same situation and knows the answers to my few questions:
1. As a EU national working continuously in UK for 6 years didn't apply for the ILR as it's not a requirement. My question is what shall I write in the question 1.3 regarding the date when my ILR was granted?
2. Do I need to submit any additional documents confirming my continues stay in UK except the 6xP60 and WRS? like some randoms payslips or bank statements?
3. It does say in the guide as well that the application can be refused if I was absent from UK 5 years ago before my application was submitted. What confuses me is fact that as a EU I need to proof 6 years stay in UK so are they gonna check was I in UK 5 or 6 years ago? It actually makes a difference for me as I was on holiday 5 years ago
4. Can my husband send my application on my behalf while I will be abroad?

Thank you for all the comments

newcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by newcitizen » Tue May 27, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,

Any senior members or those who have applied recently, can answer my questions below please?

Thanks

AN Form
----------
1) Under Knowledge of language/Life in the UK part - Page number 5 - Question 1.22 ?? -> I have passed my Life in the UK test and have filled the test number in the box and ticked the first check box. However, I have got India university based engineering degree and it has been recognised in the PBS calculator and given points for language requirement and qualification requirements. Based on this, which check box should I tick in "AND EITHER category" I am not sure which box I have to tick ?

2) If I produce the PBS calculator printout whcih shows my Indian university diplayed and points provided, does it enough to satisfy the Language requirement? along with my original degree certificate? I have not got UKNARIC certificate one. so very much worried

3) Page 10-Section 3- Question 3.5 -- > what should I write for "Address of tax office or tax office reference"? I am working as a permanent employee and not sure about the tax office details(Known only the name HMRC)

4) What is the latest version of the form AN?

MN1 Form
------------
1) My child born in India and now with me in UK with ILR. Also me & my wife have got ILR too. So, I am applying for my child naturalization. Which section shoudl I fill in question 1.1. I am confused about the sections. But, I guess SECTION 3(1). still need to double check and get confirmation ?

2) Do I need to fill the section 3 on page 8--if the section I filled 1.1 as SECTION 3(1)?

3) What is the latest version of the form MN1?

ikissin
Newly Registered

Post by ikissin » Sat May 31, 2014 1:16 pm

I am about to apply for Naturalisation. I do not have a job at the moment, as I was made redundant a month ago, and am searching for a new roles at the moment.
Could someone please advise what to put for question 3.1 / 3.2 / 3.3 of the AN Form (information about Employment) - it doesn't even have tick box for unemployed.

Many thanks in advance!

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 pm

If applying as a spouse of BC or 5 year residence you do not have to be employed. Just put unemployed.
I am sometimes wrong.

ikissin
Newly Registered

Post by ikissin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:34 am

Dear all, could someone please advise on several questions about AN form:

1) Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom.
I first came to the UK in September 2006 on a Student Visa for MSc, then switched to IGS (1 year) then HSMP 2 years, Tier1 3 years and Finally ILR 1 year. Should I put the date of arrival on Student visa (2006) or HSMP July 2008?

2) I have two driving offences in 2009 TS10 3 points and £60 fine ordered by court as was using international license and wasn't eligible for FPN and speeding 40 miles in 30 mile zone (SP30) - 3 points and an FPN (paid but don't remember how much it was) - what should I put in the sentence?
I know these shouldn't matter, but do I need to submit a paper copy of my license? I currently have my old address on it, so probably need to update to the new one - I haven't been driving since 2011

3) I have recently lost my job, so am putting unemployed in the Occupation section. Should I provide a recent bank statement to show that I have sufficient funds to support myself?

Many thanks for you advice on this matter

fkhoja
Newly Registered

Post by fkhoja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi below is my answer on the basis of successful applications of some friends and relatives recently.
1. Long term means from the day you have been assigned the student visa as that count under long term categories.
2. You need to enclose the document of offence and full description even though if those are on old address as CRB check would find that out.
3. Instead of unemployed, i would suggest you mention that you are looking for new role and on separate page you enclose the details of previous employer.
I hope this helps
ikissin wrote:Dear all, could someone please advise on several questions about AN form:

1) Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom.
I first came to the UK in September 2006 on a Student Visa for MSc, then switched to IGS (1 year) then HSMP 2 years, Tier1 3 years and Finally ILR 1 year. Should I put the date of arrival on Student visa (2006) or HSMP July 2008?

2) I have two driving offences in 2009 TS10 3 points and £60 fine ordered by court as was using international license and wasn't eligible for FPN and speeding 40 miles in 30 mile zone (SP30) - 3 points and an FPN (paid but don't remember how much it was) - what should I put in the sentence?
I know these shouldn't matter, but do I need to submit a paper copy of my license? I currently have my old address on it, so probably need to update to the new one - I haven't been driving since 2011

3) I have recently lost my job, so am putting unemployed in the Occupation section. Should I provide a recent bank statement to show that I have sufficient funds to support myself?

Many thanks for you advice on this matter

ikissin
Newly Registered

Post by ikissin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Many thanks Fayz! Did your friends submit a recent bank statement as well?

ikissin
Newly Registered

Post by ikissin » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 am

Just to give some feedback on my appointment at NCS to submit the application for Citizenship. They said bank statement / latest payslips were not required.
Also they charged £5 to make a copy of the application, so I recommend everybody making their own copies before going to the NCS appointment to avoid an extra charge.

Good luck everybody!

ozimsdz
Newly Registered

Post by ozimsdz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 pm

ohojska wrote:Hi All,
I hope that someone was in the same situation and knows the answers to my few questions:
1. As a EU national working continuously in UK for 6 years didn't apply for the ILR as it's not a requirement. My question is what shall I write in the question 1.3 regarding the date when my ILR was granted?
Have the same situation. Do I need to apply for ILR if I am EU citizen or do I automatically receive it when I have lived in the UK for 5 years? Could anyone advise, please?

Be really grateful.
Regards

Ju5t1n
Newly Registered

Post by Ju5t1n » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi there I hope someone can help me.

I have been in the UK since 2003. Arrived on a working holiday visa from South Africa. When that expired I applied for a student visa and then a EEA unmarried partners visa. Since then I have been on my ILR for the past 2-3 years.

2.1 do I enter the day I first entered the uk? (It's a bit confusing because in the guide it's states you should enter the date you first arrived in uk with intention to permanently stay)

Now what supporting documents do I need to submit:

My passport,
Passport of EEA wife,
Marriage certificate,
P60's
ILR document because mine isn't in my passport,
Certificate of language test and Life on UK test certificate,

In section 4 they ask for a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card issued by UKVI

I don't have that document will it be okay to submit my p60's for the past few years?

In section 5 of supporting document. What evidence do they require for 5 years continuous residence in UK?

Please accept my apologies if these questions have already been asked.

Thanks

kostikson

Post by kostikson » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Good evening everyone,

I am in the process of applying for naturalization AN form and have got couple of question, I hope that someone can share their previous experience and simplify my process.

I am a European 7 years in UK with permanent residence card received in 2012, have just passed LIUK test. For section 1 I am planning to send my driving license (used on LIUK test) and EEA national identity card. Would that be enough for Section 3 as well ? I am trying to avoid sending my passport due to type of work I am doing right now, occasional flights to Offshore ( UK north Sea). If I do send my passport in average how quickly I can request it back ?

For section 5 my plan is to get signatures from my work colleague who knows me for more than 3 years, where one of them is professionally accredited Chartered Engineer. Would that be ok ?

Thanks in advance.

krisbal

Post by krisbal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:29 am

Hi all,

I am applying for Naturalization on 21st Aug 2014. I am stuck on 2 questions in the form

1) In this financial year (5th April 2013 to 6th April 2014), I was a permanent employee with a private company until Jan 2014 after which I started contracting from Feb onwards. In the good character requirement, what do I enter in Question 3.2, 3.3 , 3.4 and 3.5

3.2 : Am I a employee, director or self employed. As a contractor, I am the director of my own Limited company but I do withdraw a basic salary every month.
3.3: Name of the employer: Will this be the name of my limited company or the name of the company I provide services for?
3.4: Address: Same as 3.3
3.5: Tax office or Tax office Reference: Not sure what should I write here. I can ask my accountant here if the answer to 3.3 is "Name of my limited company" else I get this from my last salary slip (Jan ) when I was a permanent employee

2) English Language Requirement

I have a UK Naric certificate that my degree is comparable to the degree taught in India. This certificate was taken in 2008 before my Tier 1 application. However they dont confirm the degree is taught in English. Which checkbox do I check. For supporting documents, I can provide Special certificate and degree certifcates awarded by unis in India.

Thanks in advance

Regards
B

I would really appreciate if someone could help me?

AlexAlexAlex

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi All Seniors,

I have few questions that I hope you would be able to help:

Background:
I have lived in UK for 13 years, 6 years student visa and 7 years non married partner of EEA. Last year. I applied for long residency based on 10 years and were granted ILR. (I have also supplied evidence of my partner exercising her treaty rights for past 5 years).

Questions:
1. What happens if I leave my partner, do I lose my ILR
2. Do I need to show she has been exercising her treaty rights when I am applying for Naturalisation or I do not need to show this info.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Alex