ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teenboy

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by teenboy » Wed May 07, 2014 8:40 am

Method of Application: (BETA) Online (For myself and my wife)
Date of online Application: 06/04/2014
Online status: Waiting for application(something like that)
Date of Declaration post: 08/04/2014
Date of Application Received by HMPO: 09/04/2014 @ 0810 HRS
Date of SMS Received: NA
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 30/04/2014
Online status: Application received, being processed (something like that) on 30/04/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 01/05/2014 (Mine by Royal Mail and my wife's by Dx)
Date of Interview booked: 02/05/2014 (Chelmsford)
Date of Passport Receipt: 06/05/2014 (my wife) / 07/05/2014 (mine). Both are delivery attempt failed by Dx. We need to reschedule to collect later.
Online status: Dispatched on 06/05/2014.
I hope, this info will be useful for others. I was not asked to fill the paper application, though I kept filled application ready to post.
This journey is over. Next journey starts for passport surrender and OCI card.
Good luck to everyone.

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 am

SAMIRZA wrote:I called the Liverpool office and the kind lady I spoke with was kind enough to give me my application ref, so she said to call 0300 again and request a call back and I am expecting someone to call me back in 48 hours , for the second time!
hi
which number did u fon for liverpool office were u got ur ref over the phone. have been told they probably wont fo bek nway and have to write in to request progress. another waiting game

rickyrafe777

Post by rickyrafe777 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 am

milan69 wrote:I have the same time line and I haven't received anything yet. I think you get interview letter through post separately from your documents. If you paid extra for special delivery than your documents will be delivered to you and you have to sign for them, if you are not at home than you will be notified that they tried to deliver your documents.
thanks.... i cant wait longer.. !! i need to travel the world this summer""

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed May 07, 2014 10:54 am

SAMIRZA wrote:I called the Liverpool office and the kind lady I spoke with was kind enough to give me my application ref, so she said to call 0300 again and request a call back and I am expecting someone to call me back in 48 hours , for the second time!

Hi,

I am calling since last week i.e. 22-04-2014 to 0300. Every time they used to tell me the same thing that I will received a call from Liverpool Office within next 48 Hours. But no call from Liverpool Office and the Passport Application Status is same i.e. (Under Examination).[/quote]

Hi Saaniyal

I have called many times but no response and same reply from the agent i.e Under Examination. My last call was on Saturday (03-05-2014). Please let me know did you received any call from Liverpool Office and did you received your original supporting documents back before or after interview. Take Care[/quote]

I received my Documents days before the Interview letter I believe. I also received a phone call on Monday Bank holiday but I missed it and I called a number left by the woman on the phone to call her back. I called her yesterday and was told They are doing further checks as requested by the interviewer and if I do not receive my passport in 5 days I should call back again. Number for anyone interested is 08456015175 direct for durham office.

gona06
Newly Registered

Post by gona06 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:09 am

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 31.03.14
Date of confirmation text: 2.04.14
Date of return of documents: 25.04.14
Date of receipt of interview letter:23.04.14
Date of Passport Appointment:3.05.14
Date of Passport Receipt: 5.05.14

Finally.................God has been so good and faithful over the last few years, the journey is finally over

nalgire
Newly Registered

Post by nalgire » Wed May 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi, can someone tell me How the reference number for the passport appointment looks like? is it the passport barcode number? or does it start with the letter SA. urgent please. thanks

ralphie
Newly Registered

Post by ralphie » Wed May 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Here are my timelines:

Application Type: New, first adult passport
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send
Date of application: 07.04.2014
Date application received: 10.04.2014
Date SMS Received: 11.04.2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 02.05.14 (Dated 01.05.2014)
Date of Interview Appointment: 06.05.2014 (London,Victoria)
Date of return of documents: 06.05.2014 (Missed DX delivery, rescheduled for 10.05.2014)
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 07.05.2014
Date of Passport Receipt: Expected 09.05.2014

Will be happy when I have everything back in my safe keeping, and then taking holiday asap.

Good luck to all. 8)

G

UKc2be
Newly Registered

Post by UKc2be » Wed May 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi,

I sent my application via Post Office Check and Send on 7/4
I received a text from the Passport Office 11/4 telling me my application has been received.

Since then I have heard nothing and have been waiting patiently. But I am beginning to worry. Have I given them enough time before phoning to check or should I give it more time?

Thanks

nalgire
Newly Registered

Post by nalgire » Wed May 07, 2014 1:47 pm

come on guys , YOU WHO HAVE DONE THE INTERVIEW? may i know what they ask you when you book the interview ? do they ask the reference number from the interview letter? and does the reference number start with SA or is it just the passport application barcode number???????? thanks

nalgire
Newly Registered

Post by nalgire » Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 pm

[quote="ralphie"]Hi all,

Here are my timelines:

Method of application: Post Office Check & Send
Date of application: 07.04.2014
Date application received: 10.04.2014
Date SMS Received: 11.04.2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 02.05.14 (Dated 01.05.2014)
Date of Interview Appointment: 06.05.2014 (London,Victoria)
Date of return of documents: 06.05.2014 (Missed DX delivery, rescheduled for 10.05.2014)
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 07.05.2014
Date of Passport Receipt: Expected 09.05.2014

Will be happy when I have everything back in my safe keeping, and then taking holiday asap.
Last edited by nalgire on Wed May 07, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rishahid
Newly Registered

Post by rishahid » Wed May 07, 2014 3:10 pm

NOG wrote:Anyone who applied around 11th April receive the interview invitation letter and documents yet?
I did but no response as yet.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed May 07, 2014 3:48 pm

rishahid wrote:
NOG wrote:Anyone who applied around 11th April receive the interview invitation letter and documents yet?
I did but no response as yet.
I think the bank holidays in April and this earlier this month could delay things. I did however have a call from them on Saturday to confirm my address. Did you receive a similar call?

alnuaimiuk

Post by alnuaimiuk » Wed May 07, 2014 4:21 pm

alnuaimiuk wrote:Application Type: first adult passport
Method of application: Post Office Check and send
Date application sent : 11/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS :
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: 16/04/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter : 29/04/2014
Date of return of documents : pendin
Date of interview appointment : 07/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport: pending

A A Butt
Newly Registered

Post by A A Butt » Wed May 07, 2014 4:35 pm

A A Butt wrote:
humanvoid wrote:
A A Butt wrote:By the way do you know when they had recived your application? mine was on 07 April they sent the text.
I have received text on 8th, so similar timelines, good luck.
Passport for: 2 Adults + 2 Children
Date of application: 02nd April 2014
Date application received by IPS: 07 April 2014
Date of return of documents: 1st.May.2014 for both Adult :D children: Waiting :shock:
Date of receipt of interview letter: 30.May.2014(both Adult)
Date of Passport Appointment: 02.May.2014(both Adult) Chelmsford :)
Date of Passport Receipt:07. May .2014 Waiting (Children) :roll:

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm

nalgire wrote:come on guys , YOU WHO HAVE DONE THE INTERVIEW? may i know what they ask you when you book the interview ? do they ask the reference number from the interview letter? and does the reference number start with SA or is it just the passport application barcode number???????? thanks

The interview letter you get has a reference number on it which is very different from your passport application barcode. Mine interview letter ref# was like this 28XXXXXXXX (X=numbers). I cannot confirm if all reference numbers starts with 28..When you call them to book an appointment, they will ask you name, address and this reference number..that's all.
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed May 07, 2014 9:35 pm

FINAL UPDATE:

Guys, my immigration journey has come to an end today! I received my shinny new passport today 07/05 dated 06/05 and I am glad its all over which at times felt like an eternal journey :) The whole passport process took 21 working days. My passport was printed on the same day as my interview.

Just FYI that I did not receive my passport through DX Secure. I was at work today so when I came back there was lot of mail in my letter box and between all those letters was sandwiched a small white passport size letter saying in bold "Her Majesty's Passport office" "This is not a Circular..Important documents enclosed"....I have a feeling that as I live very near to one of the passport office and I had my interview there as well..maybe they did not give my passport to DX Secure and delivered it through their own delivery system .. one benefit of living close to HMPO lol :mrgreen:

Lastly, I would thank everyone on this forum who have been very helpful not just for my citizenship application but since I started my journey from HSMP...hats off to all of you..I will be checking this forum whenever I get time to help others..cheers all.

Method of application: Special Delivery (Self)
Date of application: 02-04-2014
Date application received by IPS: 8AM 03-04-2014 (Royal Mail Proof)
Date SMS Received: 04-04-2014
Date of deduction of fees: 07-04-2014
Date of return of documents: 29-04-2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 26-04-14
Date of Passport Appointment: 01-05-2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 07-05-2014

rickyrafe777

Post by rickyrafe777 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:02 pm

dadageer wrote:FINAL UPDATE:

Guys, my immigration journey has come to an end today! I received my shinny new passport today 07/05 dated 06/05 and I am glad its all over which at times felt like an eternal journey :) The whole passport process took 21 working days. My passport was printed on the same day as my interview.

Just FYI that I did not receive my passport through DX Secure. I was at work today so when I came back there was lot of mail in my letter box and between all those letters was sandwiched a small white passport size letter saying in bold "Her Majesty's Passport office" "This is not a Circular..Important documents enclosed"....I have a feeling that as I live very near to one of the passport office and I had my interview there as well..maybe they did not give my passport to DX Secure and delivered it through their own delivery system .. one benefit of living close to HMPO lol :mrgreen:

Lastly, I would thank everyone on this forum who have been very helpful not just for my citizenship application but since I started my journey from HSMP...hats off to all of you..I will be checking this forum whenever I get time to help others..cheers all.

congrts.. As per your interview appointment date.. it took 7 days to receive your passport... Normally it takes 2 days!!
cheers m8

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm

rickyrafe777 wrote:

congrts.. As per your interview appointment date.. it took 7 days to receive your passport... Normally it takes 2 days!!
cheers m8
Thanks..

You are missing bank holiday break I think ...also who work on Sundays? not sure how you reached to that 7 days thing lol...I had my interview 1st May evening..so that day almost gone..Friday 2nd, Tuesday 6th were working days and letter is dated 6th May...It may well have been delivered on 6th May as I did not check my letter box on 6th as I was expecting it through secure DX delivery....anyways doesn't matter 2 days or 10 days I have my passport..

rickyrafe777

Post by rickyrafe777 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 am

dadageer wrote:
rickyrafe777 wrote:

cheers m8
Thanks..

You are missing bank holiday break I think ...also who work on Sundays? not sure how you reached to that 7 days thing lol...I had my interview 1st May evening..so that day almost gone..Friday 2nd, Tuesday 6th were working days and letter is dated 6th May...It may well have been delivered on 6th May as I did not check my letter box on 6th as I was expecting it through secure DX delivery....anyways doesn't matter 2 days or 10 days I have my passport..
yea.. thats all matters!! :)

A A Butt
Newly Registered

Post by A A Butt » Thu May 08, 2014 5:35 am

gona06 wrote:Application Timeline
Date of application: 31.03.14
Date of confirmation text: 2.04.14
Date of return of documents: 25.04.14
Date of receipt of interview letter:23.04.14
Date of Passport Appointment:3.05.14
Date of Passport Receipt: 5.05.14

Finally.................God has been so good and faithful over the last few years, the journey is finally over
congratulation :lol:
we also had our passports on 07.may.2014 but still waiting for our kids passports :?

kassem
Newly Registered

Post by kassem » Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 am

Dear all,

I applied through Check & Send on May 1st . Until today (08/05/2014), I have NOT received any confirmation text from IPS. Is that normal timeline? anybody else in the same situation?

Thank you

UKc2be
Newly Registered

Post by UKc2be » Thu May 08, 2014 10:35 am

I received my letter in the post from HMPO giving me the all clear to book the interview. Besides the letter, what else must I bring to the interview?

Thanks

alnuaimiuk

Post by alnuaimiuk » Thu May 08, 2014 10:47 am

I been yesterday to the interview they just asked for the letter (THIS LETTER YOU WILL RECEVE IT AFTER YOU BOOK THE INTERVIEW WHICH IT HAS THE DATE AND TIME OF YOUR INTERVIEW )but you can take ID with you and driven license for any other request
UKc2be wrote:I received my letter in the post from HMPO giving me the all clear to book the interview. Besides the letter, what else must I bring to the interview?

Thanks
Last edited by alnuaimiuk on Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

alnuaimiuk

Post by alnuaimiuk » Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am

alnuaimiuk wrote:
alnuaimiuk wrote:Application Type: first adult passport
Method of application: Post Office Check and send
Date application sent : 11/04/2014
Date of receipt of application by IPS :
Date of deduction of fees : N/A
Date of receipt of SMS: 16/04/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter : 29/04/2014
Date of return of documents : pendin
Date of interview appointment : 07/05/2014
Date of receiving text said passport been printed : 08/05/2014
Date of receipt of passport: pending

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 am

Usually you get a text 4days from check and send has been sent, then its roughly 22 days you get the interview letter and roughly 3-5 days for interview....but some getting quicker and some really late.