ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate Correction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

humanvoid

Certificate Correction

Post by humanvoid » Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi folks,

I had to send my wife's certificate back right away upon receipt due to misspelling error on UKBA side, however haven't heard anything back for almost six weeks now. Called up nationality customer services and been told that basically they have received it and it was just lying around without being assigned to a caseworker. No standards on timelines or when it will be assigned, nothing. However the nice guy promised to put a chasing note on my case.

Decided to call NCS we applied from, was lucky enough to get through to the same person who was dealing with our application. She kindly agreed to give HO call and it was confirmed that my "case" has been finally assigned right after my call to HO. Also HO said that normally they would deal with certificate follow-ups within 3 weeks.

Morale of the story, do not wait longer than 3 weeks before giving them a nudge or wakey-wakey, it could be either priority issue or just a luck.

Will keep you posted on progress.