ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phospholipid

Re: March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by phospholipid » Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm

lamijm wrote:its more than that ayoubtt . It took about 6-7 weeks for me as HO said a decision was made and posted out on the 01/05/2014. However i haven't received the brown envelope as yet so i have no idea when the decision was made nor can i post a date the approval was received. I just got a white envelope from the council and looking at the see through bit at the front, i could see my name, address and the first line of the letter saying congratulations Mr ....... on the approval of your citizenship application. that's even before i opened the letter. so even the postman or any Joe public could just take the letter and know what was about :shock: .

nevertheless, i'm not complaining as i am still counting my blessings :lol: :lol: . will post the actual date of approval when i do get the brown envelope. :D
When did you receive the letter?

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm

lamijm wrote:its more than that ayoubtt . It took about 6-7 weeks for me as HO said a decision was made and posted out on the 01/05/2014. However i haven't received the brown envelope as yet so i have no idea when the decision was made nor can i post a date the approval was received. I just got a white envelope from the council and looking at the see through bit at the front, i could see my name, address and the first line of the letter saying congratulations Mr ....... on the approval of your citizenship application. that's even before i opened the letter. so even the postman or any Joe public could just take the letter and know what was about :shock: .

nevertheless, i'm not complaining as i am still counting my blessings :lol: :lol: . will post the actual date of approval when i do get the brown envelope. :D

jetliu2000

Post by jetliu2000 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Nobody received any approvals today? lol still waiting. The first thing I do is to check my letter box!

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Wed May 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Today after trying for several hours I did get through to HO and after giving the ref number I am told decision letter has been posted to me in the morning and can take 10 working days to get to me.

I asked if the gentleman could tell me what is the decision !!! He simply replied he cannot give me that information!!! A bit worried coz he didn't tell what it is....?

I hope it's a good news....

Can anyone comment please how long Royal Mail takes ?
My time line is as follows

Eligibility criteria: British Spouse
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK DEGREE
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS MAIDSTONE
Date of application:11/03/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/03/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 22/03/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18/03/2014
Date approval received: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC

faani

Post by faani » Wed May 07, 2014 3:22 pm

lamijm wrote:
faani wrote:
sami01 wrote:I called HO this morning to check where my application currently stands and the guy told me that it is still waiting allocation to a caseworker, is anyone else in a similar situation? :(

Hi,

I am trying 0300 123 2253 number since morning but no chance to get through. Is it correct contact number?

Pls advise

thx
Faani

It is the right number but its hard to get through to them. Some people including myself called for days until there was an answer. You just have to keep trying and hope you will be lucky.
Hiya

I called HO today n luckily gone through. I'v been told that my case is still under consideration. don't know why they are taking so long as my case is straightforward.Its a joint application.

So no chance to get approval this week or next week??? I applied on 12 March. If Caseworkers need any more info, do they contact applicant?????

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Wed May 07, 2014 3:30 pm

I just rang the HO, and the lady said that a decision has been made and it was posted out yesterday. So the real waiting game begins :) :) , hopefully its good news!!!

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Wed May 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2y HSMP + 3y Tier 1 +1y ILR
Method of application: 10-03-2014 (NCS Enfiled)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12-03-2014
Date of acknowledgment: 17-03-2014
Date of debit of fees: 17-03-2014
Date of receipt of approval: 01-05-2014 (dated: 25-04-2014)
Date of Ceremony: 16-05-2014 (Enfield)

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Wed May 07, 2014 7:06 pm

newbie_t wrote:I just rang the HO, and the lady said that a decision has been made and it was posted out yesterday. So the real waiting game begins :) :) , hopefully its good news!!!
Congratulations. It is good news so you should stop worrying :D :D

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 pm

phospholipid wrote:

I recieved the council letter yesterday morning.

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Just to give you guys an idea of how slow the system is. I sent an email about a week or 2 ago asking about the status of my application and only got a response today saying that a desicion has been made and and posted out to me on 24/04/2014. Last friday the lady on the phone said it had been mailed out to me on the 02/05/2014. Still haven't recived brown envelope amd If it wasn't for council letter I would still be wondering and waiting anxiously.

A lot of you are probably approved already just the slow process that is keeping you in the dark. Another point to remember is that not only people on this forum applied. The posters in march timeline is just a drop in the bucket compared to the people who applied nationwide and haven't posted.

Just hang in there guys the wait will be over soon.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 pm

lamijm wrote:Just to give you guys an idea of how slow the system is. I sent an email about a week or 2 ago asking about the status of my application and only got a response today saying that a desicion has been made and and posted out to me on 24/04/2014. Last friday the lady on the phone said it had been mailed out to me on the 02/05/2014. Still haven't recived brown envelope amd If it wasn't for council letter I would still be wondering and waiting anxiously.

A lot of you are probably approved already just the slow process that is keeping you in the dark. Another point to remember is that not only people on this forum applied. The posters in march timeline is just a drop in the bucket compared to the people who applied nationwide and haven't posted.

I agree about the late process. Probably most of the March applications are already decided. It is just the process of posting that is causing the delay.

I was travelling from India last week and at the Immigration, the officer told me that my naturalisation application was already approved. This was last Wednesday 30/04/2014, still no sign of the letter... :(

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Wed May 07, 2014 9:06 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
lamijm wrote:Just to give you guys an idea of how slow the system is. I sent an email about a week or 2 ago asking about the status of my application and only got a response today saying that a desicion has been made and and posted out to me on 24/04/2014. Last friday the lady on the phone said it had been mailed out to me on the 02/05/2014. Still haven't recived brown envelope amd If it wasn't for council letter I would still be wondering and waiting anxiously.

I agree about the late process. Probably most of the March applications are already decided. It is just the process of posting that is causing the delay.

I was travelling from India last week and at the Immigration, the officer told me that my naturalisation application was already approved. This was last Wednesday 30/04/2014, still no sign of the letter... :(
I thought you received that ages ago. Well council havr given me a date for ceremony but on the letter it says please bring photo id and letter of approval from HO so hope it comes in time. I will leave from the ceremony and go straight to the post office to apply for my passport. :D

faani

Post by faani » Thu May 08, 2014 6:13 am

You are right!!

InshaAllah we will get our letters (approvals) soon!!!!!!!!

jetliu2000

Post by jetliu2000 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:50 am

Surprise we did not see any approval letters arrived this Tue and Wed. I would thought HO may post some letters out last Friday.

We all just need to be more patient and our time will come.

I am still waiting. I applied on 11 March by NCS.

faani

Post by faani » Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 am

jetliu2000 wrote:Surprise we did not see any approval letters arrived this Tue and Wed. I would thought HO may post some letters out last Friday.

I applied on 12 March n still waiting

virgo_mermaid
Newly Registered

Post by virgo_mermaid » Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 am

lasthurdle22 wrote:
Haidi5 wrote:Hi All
I just want to share my experience of calling HO today. I knew the answer already as I am an applicant from 4th week of March but just wanted to check service. Couldn't get through in the morning. It was just late evening when I got through. Gentleman took my reference number and then took all other details. I can feel that he was genuinely checking system because he was taking a bit of time. As expected he said that application is on system waiting for allocation to a case worker which he doesn't know when it's going to happen.
He did a survey questionnaire at the end in which I told him that people getting council letters prior to HO letters. He said that they are aware of this situation.
Congratulations to all who got there approvals.

Haidi5, I applied around the 4th week of March as well. I reckon we might need to wait a while :-)

I'm a 4th week of March applicant too, I think we may need to wait a little longer as there's been too many BH in the last few weeks with another one to come, and we all know that there's no way government bodies work during BH...
Personally, I'm not expecting anything before the next bank holiday, plus it's like a second class post has a whole new meaning when it comes to HO (10 freaking days! :!: :?: ) not even during Xmas we have to wait that long for a second class post. Also, I'm as anxious as everyone else, but I won't call them, because judging by the posts here, it seems like they're given misleading info as well as contradicting if you contact them more than once (which leaves applicants even more anxious :roll: ) , so I think it's best to just wait for the "suprise factor" (the mighty brown envelope) the council one will do too :D

jeeva
Newly Registered

Post by jeeva » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 am

faani wrote:
jetliu2000 wrote:Surprise we did not see any approval letters arrived this Tue and Wed. I would thought HO may post some letters out last Friday.

I applied on 12 March n still waiting
Hi,

I applied on same date. Day before yesterday, I called HO first time to get my case progress. Customer service person said decision has been made and dispatched. Still waiting for the post. Checked twice my letter box since morning.:-)

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Thu May 08, 2014 10:46 am

Virgo I dont think its the post thats slow. I think after HO makes the decision and places it in an envelope, it is then set aside to wait until there is a batch of letters ready to post. I read on royal mail website that they aim to deliver second class post in 3 working days tops. So it must be HO who takes a long time to post the envelopes. Thats my observation.

For example, someone pointed out that after sending additional documents with a prepaid special delivery envelope for the return of documents, the approval was sent to them quicky with a request to wait 2 weeks before contacting council fo ceremony. While those sent in normal brown envelope are not told this but receive their response long after. I think they hold the envelopes to facilitate the councils to receive certificates in andvance so that when you call to book ceremony they have your documents ready.

If not, people will be getting letters quickly and causing choas when they phone to book appt and the council haven't got a clue.

virgo_mermaid
Newly Registered

Post by virgo_mermaid » Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am

lamijm wrote:Virgo I dont think its the post thats slow. I think after HO makes the decision and places it in an envelope, it is then set aside to wait until there is a batch of letters ready to post. I read on royal mail website that they aim to deliver second class post in 3 working days tops. So it must be HO who takes a long time to post the envelopes. Thats my observation.

For example, someone pointed out that after sending additional documents with a prepaid special delivery envelopefor the return of documents, the approval was sent to them quicky with a request to wait 2 weeks before contacting council fo ceremony. While those sent in normal brown envelope are not told this but receive their response long after. I think they hold the envelopes to facilitate the councils to receive certificates in andvance so that when you call to book ceremony they have your documents ready.

If not, people will be getting letters quickly and causing choas when they phone to book appt and the council haven't got a clue.

I've considered that theory too, so perhaps when they keep telling people "a decision has been made and posted" they mean "posted" on someone's table for delivery...

marrik

Post by marrik » Thu May 08, 2014 11:53 am

Dear All, I got the brown envelope for myself and family (wife and 4 year old daughter) this morning (dated 29th April). Here is my timeline.

Eligibility criteria: 2Y HSMP + 3YR Tier 1 Extension + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK post grad degree
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hounslow
Date of application: 19/3/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/3/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 27/3/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/3/2014
Date approval received: 08/05/2014
Date of ceremony: 04/06/2014

It has been a long journey and can't thank enough for the countless help from the forum members, in clarifying concerns along every process.

Good luck to other members and special thanks to man4uni for maintaining the spreadsheet, which helped everyone not only in this thread but also on other months' threads as well.

Regards.

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Some Background :-)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1001089

Eligibility criteria: WP+TIER1+ILR
Language criteria met:- (PBS printout)
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application:- NCS
Date of application:- 6th March 2014
Payment method:- Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 7th March 2014
Date of acknowledgement:- 10th march 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:- 11th march 2014
Date approval received:- 30th April 2014(Letter dated 17th April 2014)
Date of ceremony:08-May-2014

Thanks for all the Help I received Guys :-)

Cheers Kishore

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Thu May 08, 2014 3:37 pm

[quote="lamijm"]Eligibility criteria: settlement 5 yrs
Language test): exempt country
Current nationality:
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: southampton
Date of application:12/03/2014
Payment method Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/03/2014
Date of aknowlegment:25/03/2014...... (dated 20/03/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees:20/03/2014
Date approval received: 08/05/2014..... (dated 28/04/2014)
Date of ceremony:20/05/2014

FINAL UPDATE

Got the famous brown envelope today 2 days after getting the council's invitation letter. Just wanna say thank you again to everyone on the forum and hope you all will receive your envelopes soon with a favourable outcome. see you in the passport timeline.. :D :D :D

Joey_40
Newly Registered

Post by Joey_40 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:15 pm

[quote="Joey_40"]Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC, ILR – 6 years
Language criteria met: , Exempt Countries, Life in UK test
Current nationality: Australian
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 21 March 2014
Payment method: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24 March 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 28 March 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 31 March 2014
Date approval received: 8 May 2014 (dated 2 May 2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting Will be booking private ceremony when invite received

Absolutely over the moon - all the best to all still waiting

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Thu May 08, 2014 7:57 pm

marrik wrote: Good luck to other members and special thanks to man4uni for maintaining the spreadsheet, which helped everyone not only in this thread but also on other months' threads as well.
Regards.
Firstly BIG CONGRATS to you and your family for approval!

Thanks Marrik! Much appreciated!!! :)

ini
Newly Registered

Post by ini » Thu May 08, 2014 10:35 pm

I applied for my naturalisation in march 2014 and just got it today. It can only be God. Please believe in Him. My pastor prayed for me and told me it will take just 6 weeks. It's going to be 6 weeks tomorrow and I had the approval posted to me today.