ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice need pls regarding citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

laspo24

advice need pls regarding citizenship

Post by laspo24 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:59 pm

I am about to apply for an irish citizenship only to realise form 8 has two type one with 15 pages and another with 16 pages so don't know which to use. Any advice will be welcome thanks.

Yana31

Re: advice need pls regarding citizenship

Post by Yana31 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I personally filled in the 16 pages form, which can be found on www.inis.gov.ie!

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... %2014).pdf

Just to be on the safe side! :D

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Yana31 wrote:I personally filled in the 16 pages form, which can be found on http://www.inis.gov.ie!

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... %2014).pdf

Just to be on the safe side! :D
Thanks do I need to use the residency checker too as I reside up north (Northern Ireland). And applying based on married to an irish national?

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 pm

I do not know your situation, the calculator is explained on the INIS website.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Residence checker is not needed for NI. I asked INIS before when they still replied to citizenship queries by email (they don't now). You will still need to prove 3 years of residence on the island of Ireland.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:33 pm

chaoclive wrote:Residence checker is not needed for NI. I asked INIS before when they still replied to citizenship queries by email (they don't now). You will still need to prove 3 years of residence on the island of Ireland.
Ok will a month statement and bill be enough as will be adding letters sent to me from DOJ around 2011/2012 at same address?
Having problem paying the €175 as post office in NI don't ve Euro Postal order don't know if I travel to Dundalk and post it or what? Any advice will be welcome thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 10, 2014 3:43 pm

I haven't been through it myself yet. However, if possible, you could provide as much info on your residence in NI, e.g. bank statements over the three years/utility bills and anything else you have (pay-slips for your job?).

RE: Payment, I'm not sure at all :( If you see the INIS website, you will be able to find a number to call and ask. I think that you could get someone to buy a Euro postal order in ROI and just post it on. Don't think that would be a problem.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:47 pm

chaoclive wrote:I haven't been through it myself yet. However, if possible, you could provide as much info on your residence in NI, e.g. bank statements over the three years/utility bills and anything else you have (pay-slips for your job?).

RE: Payment, I'm not sure at all :( If you see the INIS website, you will be able to find a number to call and ask. I think that you could get someone to buy a Euro postal order in ROI and just post it on. Don't think that would be a problem.
I included payslips and my P60 think that will be enough prove....correct me if am wrong. Thanks again.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Hold on for a few days...someone else who applied through NI might come and give their opinions!

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:55 pm

chaoclive wrote:Hold on for a few days...someone else who applied through NI might come and give their opinions!
Yeah will as can't do anything now till Monday as everywhere is closed for weekend anyway.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:56 pm

chaoclive wrote:Hold on for a few days...someone else who applied through NI might come and give their opinions!
Yeah will as can't do anything now till Monday as everywhere is closed for weekend anyway.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 10, 2014 4:08 pm

That's true.

You could ask some of the immigration support groups for their ideas. I'm sure that many people apply for Irish citizenship in this way as it is quicker that UK citizenship and it's well received all over the world. You might have luck finding one in Belfast.

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Sat May 10, 2014 8:50 pm

@ laspo24

hi there, mate.

I have applied for the citizenship (same situation like yourself, from NI) late last year and my application is in a final stage.
even though it has not finalised yet, I may advice you on initial stages of application.

To start with, I will answer your question regarding payment.

go to you bank (at their branch) and tell them you want to get bankers draft in euros (euro draft). They will take money from your account so make sure you have enough because they will not accept cash. Tell them banker's draft should be payable to Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality

that's all there is to it.

post it with you application and wait to hear from them

in case you are curious to know, it cost me about £160

good luck
Last edited by ninjaman on Sat May 10, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Sat May 10, 2014 9:28 pm

@laspo24

while am here I will answer more of you questions.

1) residence checker is not needed for people applying from NI
2) P60 and payslips should be fine just don't send mobile phone bills they don't count

best of luck

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 11, 2014 1:14 am

Super answer Ninjaman - thanks for that.

I have a question about proving residence: obviously, not everyone will work and, therefore, some people won't have pay slips/P60s. Do you think it's acceptable to provide a range of electricity/gas bills etc in the applicant's name? Hope so, but, if not, is there anything else the applicant could do?

Thanks a lot!
C

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:46 am

ninjaman wrote:@ laspo24

hi there, mate.

I have applied for the citizenship (same situation like yourself, from NI) late last year and my application is in a final stage.
even though it has not finalised yet, I may advice you on initial stages of application.

To start with, I will answer your question regarding payment.

go to you bank (at their branch) and tell them you want to get bankers draft in euros (euro draft). They will take money from your account so make sure you have enough because they will not accept cash. Tell them banker's draft should be payable to Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality

that's all there is to it.

post it with you application and wait to hear from them

in case you are curious to know, it cost me about £160

good luck
Thanks will do as stated.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 am

ninjaman wrote:@laspo24

while am here I will answer more of you questions.

1) residence checker is not needed for people applying from NI
2) P60 and payslips should be fine just don't send mobile phone bills they don't count

best of luck
Take it you sent your application to the said address at page 16?

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:12 pm

chaoclive wrote:Super answer Ninjaman - thanks for that.

I have a question about proving residence: obviously, not everyone will work and, therefore, some people won't have pay slips/P60s. Do you think it's acceptable to provide a range of electricity/gas bills etc in the applicant's name? Hope so, but, if not, is there anything else the applicant could do?

Thanks a lot!
C
Hi mate, sorry I cant answer that one..but may be someone can.
I filled a 2013 version of the form and it had a different wording.
this is what it said:
- A copy of your current P21 or P60 or tax statement from the Revenue Commissioners if you are in employment.
- Copies of 3 recent pay slips (dated within the previous 6 months), if you are in employment.
Last edited by ninjaman on Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 pm

@laspo24

hey..

yes, the one that i sent to is:

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS F8
IRISH NATURALISATION AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE
PO BOX 73
TIPPERARY TOWN