ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

name on ID for life in the uk test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

quora
Newly Registered

name on ID for life in the uk test

Post by quora » Mon May 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi there,

I've been reading through the forums and would like to know what has been the outcome of those who have a similar situation as myself.

I plan on doing life in the uk test in the next few weeks and using my drivers license as my form of ID. However, my drivers license has my first name, middle name, second middle name initial only and surname. So for example it would in this format: John Smith R Kane

From previous posts, it seems that they are fairly strict that the name on ID matches what is in the system, so am happy to register with it matching my drivers license, but the question is, when I fill out the naturalisaton form, would I continue with the above format or put in John Smith Robert Kane?

I'm an EEA passport holder, and I've used a deed poll to change my first name, but have not changed my name in my passport because that country is very strict when it comes to name change...(not to make things anymore complicated :wink: )

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Q

tunjy

Re: name on ID for life in the uk test

Post by tunjy » Mon May 12, 2014 10:28 pm

quora wrote:Hi there,

I've been reading through the forums and would like to know what has been the outcome of those who have a similar situation as myself.

I plan on doing life in the uk test in the next few weeks and using my drivers license as my form of ID. However, my drivers license has my first name, middle name, second middle name initial only and surname. So for example it would in this format: John Smith R Kane

From previous posts, it seems that they are fairly strict that the name on ID matches what is in the system, so am happy to register with it matching my drivers license, but the question is, when I fill out the naturalisaton form, would I continue with the above format or put in John Smith Robert Kane?

I'm an EEA passport holder, and I've used a deed poll to change my first name, but have not changed my name in my passport because that country is very strict when it comes to name change...(not to make things anymore complicated :wink: )

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Q
You can use ur driver's licence,it doesn't matter.My wife was in the same situation before and everything went well.