ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid application due to wrong form used: What can I do

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilono
Newly Registered

Invalid application due to wrong form used: What can I do

Post by wilono » Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 pm

I made an application for tier 1 enterprenure which was refused. I exercised my rights of appeal and made a fresh application within 28 days through my solicitor.

Unfortunately, he applied with the old form with the wrong visa fee. Six days after the 28 days in which I can reapply, I received a letter through my solicitor that the application was invalid.

I immediately sent another application the same day I got the letter invalidating the initial application.

How will the new application be treated.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Invalid application due to wrong form used: What can I d

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue May 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Please do not call him solicitor with respect. He supposed to update himself 1st then can do experiment on others.
Hopefully your application will be successful this time. But If rejected then no right of appeal Just JR.
Did you submit a covering letter with your application stated that you will withdraw your appeal once your application is accepted?

msohailsarwar1
Mood:

Post by msohailsarwar1 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:58 pm

All solicitors are like that. in the end we have to suffer. I personally is the victim of lawyer mistake. I strongly advise all people who are applying for have applied or in appeal process, just track your application at all times.

wilono
Newly Registered

Post by wilono » Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 am

Please what are my options now?

Will the new application fall for automatic refusal. My solicitor wrote to the home office explaining that it was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

Need your advice please.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Sat May 17, 2014 10:04 am

'Exceptional circumstances' are decided solely upon their discretion.

You need to provide solid evidence.

You can make a video of how you Googled "Tier 1 Entrepreneur Form" and clicked on the very first link that came with .gov.uk

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei= ... eneur+form

Google shows October 2013 version of form. You can use any "Screen Recording" software and upload it on YouTube and give the link as evidence of how you got to that form by mistake.

wilono
Newly Registered

Post by wilono » Wed May 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks so much. I will certainly do that and hope for the best.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Wed May 21, 2014 9:50 pm

You are welcome :D

wilono
Newly Registered

Post by wilono » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I got a decision on Friday 13th June 2014 my application solely because the 50,000 pounds is in my company account instead of my personal account. Is it a correct decision on their part, are they wrong in coming to this decision?

What is the best way forward? My solicitor intends to commence pre-action protocol today before filing for a judicial review. He intends to also put in a fresh application at the same time after transferring the investment funds into a my personal account. Is this a wise move as it will all cost a reasonable amount of money?

Please, i need some wise words from you on this forum!