ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Unconito
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Unconito » Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 am

Jalaibi wrote:
Unconito wrote:Hii Everyone, I am so happy as got my RC this morning

married couple

applied 31/03/2014
COA 6/04/2014
RC issued 7/05/2014
received 13/05/2014
it was super fast 5 weeks

I wish all the best luck to everyone

Alhamdolilah
Congrats. Which nationality are you both ? And which docs have you submitted ?

I am Moroccan and my partner is Polish

- Both passports
- Marriage certificate
- 3 recent payslips
- 6 bank statements, 3 each
- 2 letters from the GP as proofs of residence (we didnt have tenancy agreement
- letter from the landlord + utility bill confirming landlords address
- contract of employment
- letter from employer
- covering letters explaining every situation
- 20 photos proving the relationship

We made sure our application was neat and organized. We had different clearly signed envelopes with documents, just to make it easier for the HO. We have also sent the first class pre-paid envelope inside to make sure our documents come back fast and safely.

hachim
Newly Registered

Post by hachim » Wed May 14, 2014 12:31 am

Unconito wrote:

- Both passports
- Marriage certificate
- 3 recent payslips
- contract of employment
- letter from employer

We made sure our application was neat and organized. We had different clearly signed envelopes with documents, just to make it easier for the HO. We have also sent the first class pre-paid envelope inside to make sure our documents come back fast and safely.
mabrouk khoya congrats

Unconito
Newly Registered

Post by Unconito » Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 pm

hachim wrote:
Unconito wrote:

- Both passports
- Marriage certificate
- 3 recent payslips
- contract of employment
- letter from employer

mabrouk khoya congrats
Lahi hafdek khoya zine, thanks
rak dafe3???

tahir42007
Newly Registered

Post by tahir42007 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:08 am

Hello everyone
I was reading this forum for timeline so atlast got my residence on 11 may and want to share with you guys my timeline.

File was sent on 03 april 2014
Recieved by liverpool on 04 april 2014
Certificate of application received on 11 april with employment permitted.
Wife excercising treaty right as self employed and did not pay any ni contributions but send invoices and other documents . As proof of relationship it was just marriage certificate and council tax letter.

I got residence card dated 6th may and received on 11 may in the same special delivery bag which i send to them with my application. In total it took 1 month and 3 days.
Best of luck to all of you.

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Thu May 15, 2014 7:34 am

tahir42007 wrote:Hello everyone
I was reading this forum for timeline so atlast got my residence on 11 may and want to share with you guys my timeline.

File was sent on 03 april 2014
Recieved by liverpool on 04 april 2014
Certificate of application received on 11 april with employment permitted.
Wife excercising treaty right as self employed and did not pay any ni contributions but send invoices and other documents . As proof of relationship it was just marriage certificate and council tax letter.

I got residence card dated 6th may and received on 11 may in the same special delivery bag which i send to them with my application. In total it took 1 month and 3 days.
Best of luck to all of you.
Congratulations on getting your visa so quickly. Would you please state nationalities of you both. Much appreciate.
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

appealwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by appealwaiting » Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm

I have also got RC this morning.... I also wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum...My passport was expire soo the HO send me my expire passport along with my RC on a paper..I have a question if i will have my new passport... can I able to get that RC on my paasport..??? is there any fees...? and how long it will take??

Case Refused June 2013
Apeeal in July 2013
Hearing January 2014
Rc Received May 2014

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 pm

If you want to get your RC on your new passport you will have to apply again and wait up to 6 months. The fee will be the same as last time (55GBP).

Why not just carry the RC with you when you travel and keep it in a safe place at home. Make copies of it!

nediyathu22
Newly Registered

Post by nediyathu22 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello everyone I have a query on eea application. I had submitted unmarried partner visa application on August 2013 where I got rejected due to insufficient evidence and my solicitor asked me to appeal against the decision and we got the date for 5th June 2014. My psw visa expired in Feb 2014 so I am not working since then. In April 2014 I got married with my European girlfriend and I applied for eea spouse visa on 1st May and since then I haven't got any response or acknowledgement letter from home office. My question here is will home office accept my application as I have an appeal pending for unmarried visa and will I get the coa with work permission. It would be great if someone could reply to my query. Thanks in advance.

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

eea2
sent 14/11/2013
refuse 28/2/2014
appeal 7/3/104
reconsideration
20/4/2014
RC 16/5/2014
Happy days :)
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

chbar
Newly Registered

Post by chbar » Sat May 17, 2014 1:31 am

My wife's RC arrived today

She got EEA FP from Pakistan on 26 October(applied last week of Aug 2013) and she joined me here in Dec. Her FP expired on 26th April. Took about 2 months to get her FP.

EEA2 Application posted : 24-03-2014
Application received: 25-03-2014
Acknowledgement issued: 26-03-2014
Payment taken: 26-03-2014
COA(right to work) issued: 28-03-2014
RC received : 16-05-2014 (issued 29-04-2014)

My nationality Belgian and my wife's Pakistan.

tahir42007
Newly Registered

Post by tahir42007 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:29 am

Jalaibi i am pakistani ans wife is latvian.

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Sun May 18, 2014 2:15 am

EEA2 Self sufficient married couple

Sent: 14/01/2014
Received:15/01/2014
Acknowledgment: 17/01/2014 dated 16/01/2014
COA received: 24/01/2014 dated 21/01/2014 ( right to work )
RC: Still pending

I have requested Our passports back through online form and i called them after 20 days,the answer from HO was "We didn't receive any request or any online form"
And then I asked if i can send some additional documents like my wife job contract as we applied self sufficient,new house contract and some more payslips from my employment.The guy was rude and replied "Oh as you applied self sufficient couple,I am not sure if you will get your RC because you didn't provide comprehensive sickness insurance" "it is sure you are having benefits from UK"

Any Advice?

Thanks

user1001
Newly Registered

Post by user1001 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:36 am

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to post a quick message to reassure those applying for EEA2 visas.
My Indian husband just received the EEA2 visa and below is the timeline of our application for anyone interested:
Application sent: 28th of March
Letter confirming reception of documents: dated of the 4th of April
CoA received: 10th of April
Visa issued: 12th of May (received 17th of May)
We applied for EEA1 and EEA2 together and received both residence permits together.
I hope this helps.

colinanderson1978uk
Newly Registered

Post by colinanderson1978uk » Mon May 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Hello everyone

Sent EEA2 application on 23/04/2014 received on 24/04/2014.
Requested passports back on 27/04/2014
COA received on 08/05/2014 dated 07/05/2014 with right to work
Got a recorded delivery card from Royal Mail today for a small parcel that needs to be signed for will this be our passports? I am not sure because we didn't enclose a prepaid envelope to send them back?

Or could my wife's application of been completed and they send everything back in one big letter?

I am a UK citizen but lived in Ireland for 3 months took my wife to Dublin from Thailand for 2 weeks got her a UK family permit eventually after being refused, I wrote an email to the Dublin embassy who forwarded it on to the case workers manager and the refusal got overturned.

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 pm

colinanderson1978uk wrote:Hello everyone

Sent EEA2 application on 23/04/2014 received on 24/04/2014.
Requested passports back on 27/04/2014
COA received on 08/05/2014 dated 07/05/2014 with right to work
Got a recorded delivery card from Royal Mail today for a small parcel that needs to be signed for will this be our passports? I am not sure because we didn't enclose a prepaid envelope to send them back?

Or could my wife's application of been completed and they send everything back in one big letter?

I am a UK citizen but lived in Ireland for 3 months took my wife to Dublin from Thailand for 2 weeks got her a UK family permit eventually after being refused, I wrote an email to the Dublin embassy who forwarded it on to the case workers manager and the refusal got overturned.
it can be just a passport or can also be passport along with eea2 visa too, i requested my wife passport who is eu national and it took them 14 working days to return her passport only while it should have been 10 or less days, passport on its own is also sent through 2nd class signed for delivery and so it can be your passports only that they sent. you will find out tomorrow, hope its passports along with a visa.

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:13 am

Hi all,

Hope all is well with all of you. Here is what I observed last week. One day morning 0700 a team of 7 officers visited our home. The owner lady opened the door. They freightened her and shouted where is he and where is she (names) in all around house and rooms. Owner lady was frightened whats wrong this morning? Landlord lady bring them to my room. I opened the door and confirmed that I am mr 'x' I welcomed them all in room. They asked me where is 'she'? I said she is on her job and left the room about half an hour ago. I can call her back, she can be here in just 10 mins as she works nearby. They replied no need of that. Then inquired about her clothes, shoes, make up, phone messages, and wedding photos. They check all of them thoroughly. They also see the posts on her name in room. They went back and wrote in their letter:-
1. No mr 'x' lives on that address.
2. A man claim to be mr 'x' was not mr 'x'.
3. No one in that house knows about them.
4. There is no proof that they live together.
5. The photos shown on phone, were not of wife but some other lady (I only have my wife's, other family members and friends photos only phone...lol).
6. This is marriage of convenience.

Refused our EEA1 and EEA2 applications.

The only good thing is they returned all our documents completely. Gave us right to appeal and we can apply again if we want to.

My only concern is "this even is not seen that way in "third world". That a group of officials can not write what they see??. They write what they are told to write??. I think 'no use' of surprise visit etc if they have to write what they are told instead of ground facts and figures??.

Why wasting time and money of their own and others by this??

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT WILL WILL GO ON IN NEXT ??? PLZ GUIDE ME...

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 am

john121 wrote:Hi all,

Hope all is well with all of you. Here is what I observed last week. One day morning 0700 a team of 7 officers visited our home. The owner lady opened the door. They freightened her and shouted where is he and where is she (names) in all around house and rooms. Owner lady was frightened whats wrong this morning? Landlord lady bring them to my room. I opened the door and confirmed that I am mr 'x' I welcomed them all in room. They asked me where is 'she'? I said she is on her job and left the room about half an hour ago. I can call her back, she can be here in just 10 mins as she works nearby. They replied no need of that. Then inquired about her clothes, shoes, make up, phone messages, and wedding photos. They check all of them thoroughly. They also see the posts on her name in room. They went back and wrote in their letter:-
5. The photos shown on phone, were not of wife but some other lady (I only have my wife's, other family members and friends photos only phone...lol).

The only good thing is they returned all our documents completely. Gave us right to appeal and we can apply again if we want to.

My only concern is "this even is not seen that way in "third world". That a group of officials can not write what they see??. They write what they are told to write??. I think 'no use' of surprise visit etc if they have to write what they are told instead of ground facts and figures??.

That's total discrimination as you told.
Could you please mention your timeline along with nationalities ?
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:25 pm

john121 wrote:Hi all,

Hi
Could you please write down after how many days did they send you refusal letter? Thanks

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Time line:-

Sent both Applications - 6 Feb 14
Refusal letters for both - 17 May 14
(After one week of 'surprise visit')

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Living together about one and half year with all documents and proofs. It's about an year we got married. Before we were good friends from ages.
Nationalities: I am from Pakistan and she is from EU.

shatow
Newly Registered

Post by shatow » Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 pm

hi all,

i've had my application refused because of comprehensive insurance wording from the insurer, but I appealed and 6 months later it was allowed. I'm now waiting to hear back from HO and seems now they will re visit my application altogether? i don't see the use of the appeal?
anyways it's been over 2 months now since the appeal was approved and just wondering if I should do something or just wait? what should i expect next?

thanks

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 pm

I am British, were exercising EU treaty right in Dublin from April 2013. My wife joined my in Aug 2013 and got EEA FP in 28 Nov 2013. We came back to the UK on 12 Dec 2013.

EEA2 application (Surender Singh)was sent on 3 Feb 2014

Payment received on 5 Feb 2014

Two COA letters received on 13 Feb 2014. One was issued on 7 Feb 2014 noting no working permitted and, the other was issued on 10 Feb 2014 noting working permitted, both were issued by same person.

RC is still waiting

I have been trying to contact UKBA on the New phone every day. I always be told “Because of high call volumes the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre is currently not accepting calls.”

Any friends have got same situation with me, could you please share your experience. I would like to know how long will it take for processing EEA2 application by Surender Singh route.

Thank you

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi shinwangeutreaty

Your journey sounds really similar to mine! I went Ireland in Feb 2013, my husband arrived Aug 13. He got his EEA FP in Feb 14 and we returned to the UK.

We sent our application on the 18th of March and we received a COA with no right to work on the 26th. I contacted them for the correct COA but haven't received it yet :( the deputy caseworker said its being dealt with so I'm hoping that we receive the reply soon!
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

happy1989
Newly Registered

Post by happy1989 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 pm

happy1989 wrote:hello all
i had applied for E E A 2 in decambar.. ma partner is eea national. but home office refused ma application, bec they contacted with her empolyer before she stoped working through that agency where they made call. we sent payslips council letters bank letters address.. joint account .. still they refused to grant us RC. aftr that we got right to appeal.. its on 19th may... sometime i think they refused ma case bec i got finishd ma student visa.. i still have valid visa on ma passport .. but it was canceled from home office bec college loosed licence.. immigration came to home before marriage on 2 octuber n detained me. i came out aftr month n got married in 15 nov. now i need more n more suggestion from u friends n i can make best efforts to get RC on hearing... heres ma timeline...........
application sent :- 13 dec
H.O recieved:- 15 dec
C.O.A recieved with right to work :- 13 jan
application refused :-25th march ( with right to appeal )
. what should i do. so they grant me rc........ thanks friends

hello ma forum friends.... well i wanna share it with u all that yestrday was my hearing in tribunal court... i didnt get any chance in front of judge bec immigration lawyer withdrew the case before any hearing in court... n juss said to send all original documents back again ,, soon will b new decision will b given....... i want to knw what would b now... will they issue me RC or they will reconsider the case again.........

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Wed May 21, 2014 10:39 am

March 31 - Mailed EEA2 Application (Married US/Dutch) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
April 1 - Application was delivered.
April 2 – Requested both our passports back via online form.
April 2 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO LIVERPOOL.
April 5 - Received the confirmation letter dated April 4.
April 11 – Both passports delivered without any stamps (with the letter dated April 8th).
April 17 - POA received with Right to Work (letter dated April 4th!)
May 8 - RC issued
May 21 - RC received/Immigration Status Document (with the Residence Documentation sticker) via registered mail (all the supporting documents returned as well

Did it all by myself. Collected all the necessary documents and submitted neatly packed. Took 1 month and a week all together! Great Service!