ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we work while our appeal is pending?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Can we work while our appeal is pending?

Post by Bryiansky » Fri May 02, 2014 10:21 am

My husband's curtailment of his visa was sent to his old address last year from May 1 to June 30, 2013.Because he did not receive it we decided to bring back our children who are dependants also like me til July 2014. But because of the curtailment we just found out when the children aged 8 and 4 arrived last April that the children don't have the right to enter because of the curtailment of the visa.The immig officer in the airport said that my husband had the right to appeal last year when they sent the curtailment but because he did not receive it he is not aware of it.the immig officer in the airport gave the children the right to appeal though they have said to accompanying guardian that it is useless because the father doesn't have the visa already.now, we were advised by the lawyer to appeal. The children were given until May 30 for a temporary admission.it was just this week that the tribunal wrote to submit the grounds of appeal til may 6.but my husband had an offer letter from a new sponsor to have his fresh application.He is scheduled to have his pte exam next week in order for him to have a CAS.while the appeal is pending or the appeal is ongoing can we work based from ours regions visa 20 hrs for my husband and full time job for me? Because our employer would like a letter from the lawyer just to show that we could go back to work? That you so much ..

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Re: Can we work while our appeal is pending?

Post by Bryiansky » Sun May 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Please advise me about this if we could still work while we are going to lodge our appeal,please advise, thank u so much..

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes, you can continue work until your final decision come :D

Regards

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Wed May 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you so much for the reply :)

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Thu May 15, 2014 6:26 am

but where in the immigration law that we could work when a fresh application has been lodged that we could work or if there is an appeal? because we want to show that to my employer? thank you for the reply..

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:52 am

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

If your Visa refused and all appeal as well suspended and If you applied for new Visa with different category than you not eligible for work until get decision- In this case you not allowed for work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ction5.pdf

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am

please see link below latest version:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Regards

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 17, 2014 8:00 am

@ Bryiansky, you did not state why your husband visa was curtailed and why your husband fail to realise this or a long time. Its very crucial to the outcome of the appeal.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Tue May 27, 2014 2:18 pm

my husbNds curtailment is because of his poor attendance.because he moved to another adress the landlord did not inform him that there was a letter from ukba , thats why it was returned to the sender and not known to this adress.the ukba did not email him (he did not change his email) aboutthe curtailment.now we are waiting for the court to inform us when will be the oral hearing.so far only one of our kids had paid for the fee of the hearing.but the solicitor inform the court that we will have the hearing altogether.while waiting for the court.my husband lodged his fresh application to the home office for tier 4.still the employer wants us a letter from our lawyer that we could work while there was an application lodged..thank you

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:please see link below latest version:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Regards
Thank you so much for providing the latest information, but can our solicitor give a letter to our employer telling that we could work while the appeal is pending at the same time lodge a fresh student application ? because if we are going to show this to our employer they will tell us again that our lawyer should give a letter to our employer and to his lawyer that we can work.our lawyer on the other hand is for immigration and assylum, not in employment. can we look foranother solicitor for employment who can give us a letter to provide it to our employer?thank you so much..

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Thu May 29, 2014 2:29 pm

My husband just talked to one of the lawyers and he said that because his visa was curtailed we dont have the right to work..eventhough we are waiting for the courts notice for oral hearing to our appeal and at the same time he just lodged his fresh student application.he said that he is not under 3c leave.it's confusing.Hoping for an advise for this.thsnk you in advance..

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Thu May 29, 2014 2:42 pm

If not under 3c, is it under under 3d?thank you so much for the reply..

Bryiansky
Newly Registered

Post by Bryiansky » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 pm

[quote="Olasunkanmi"]@ Bryiansky, you did not state why your husband visa was curtailed and why your husband fail to realise this or a long time. Its very crucial to the outcome of the appeal.[/quote

my husbNds curtailment is because of his poor attendance.because he moved to another adress the landlord did not inform him that there was a letter from ukba , thats why it was returned to the sender and not known to this adress.the ukba did not email him (he did not change his email) aboutthe curtailment.now we are waiting for the court to inform us when will be the oral hearing.so far only one of our kids had paid for the fee of the hearing.but the solicitor inform the court that we will have the hearing altogether.while waiting for the court.my husband lodged his fresh application to the home office for tier 4.still the employer wants us a letter from our lawyer that we could work while there was an application lodged..thank you