ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for 1st child passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jotter
Member of Standing

Requirements for 1st child passport?

Post by jotter » Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi all,

I would like to double check a few points regarding what I need to provide for my daughter's 1st passport application. Grateful if any expert can confirm whether I've misunderstood anything:

1. For Section 4/8 I believe I need to provide the grandparents full details (birth, marriage dates, names, etc) because both my wife and I were born outside the UK and neither of us had British nationality at the time of my daughter's birth. Or do I? I did have settled status, though not nationality. Is that enough not to need to provide the grandparents' details?

2. Table D states that grandparents birth certificates need to be provided in the case that parents were born after Jan 1 1983, but there is no mention of 'both parents born outside the UK' in this section, so I'm assuming I don't have to provide those.

3. I have documented my British passport number in Section 4. I don't believe I should include my British passport with the application, though, because this passport was obtained after my daughter was born. The basis of my daughter's claim to citizenship is that I had 'settled' status (PR sticker in my Australian passport) when she was born. Therefore my understanding is that I DON'T provide my British passport but I DO provide my Australian passport.

4. I have included my marriage date in Section 4, but I believe I don't need to submit the actual marriage certificate since my daughter was born after 2006, therefore I have an independent parental right as a father. Correct?

Thanks for any comments.