ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lamijm

Re: March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by lamijm » Thu May 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Faani I think with each month HO tries to clear the majority then slow down. It happened with feb applicants when majority came in, we then saw it slowed up and march applicants started getting through. Now we can see the bulk oh
Applicants got approvals in quick succession then it slowed up and April started getting approvals. I think remainding march applicants will see approvals trickling slowly butbsurely. Not like it did earlier on when we saw tons of approvals per week.

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Thu May 22, 2014 5:32 pm

lamijm wrote:Faani I think with each month HO tries to clear the majority then slow down. It happened with feb applicants when majority came in, we then saw it slowed up and march applicants started getting through. Now we can see the bulk of applicants got approvals in quick succession then it slowed up and April started getting approvals. I think remainding march applicants will see approvals trickling slowly but surely. Not like it did earlier on when we saw tons of approvals per week.

lasthurdle22
Newly Registered

Post by lasthurdle22 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

lasthurdle22 wrote:Its good news folks, the Post man has just delivered the famous envelope through my letter Box :D :D

Please see my updates below

ligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier 2 + ILR
Language criteria met: UK MBA DEGREE + LIFE IN THE UK TEST PASSED FOR ILR
Current nationality: NIgerian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Haringey
Date of application:27/03/2014 (Thursday)
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/03/2014 (Friday)(Tracked by Royal Mail next day delivery before 1pm)
Date of aknowledgment: received 09/04/2014 (Dated 04/04/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees:03/04/2014 (Thursday)- fees deducted from account
Date of Approval: 14th May 2014
Date approval received: 22nd May 2014
Date of ceremony: 23rd May 2014

I must thank everyone associated with this forum, it has been a source of hope and much needed direction throughout my application process. I applaud everyone who take time out of their busy schedules to encourage and advice others.

For the other folks who are waiting on approvals, I strongly believe that yours is on its way, keep the faith. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about my process.

Next step ceremony and Passport Application :) :) :)

Update

After I received my approval this morning, I then took a gamble and walked to my NCS to see if I could get a ceremony slot. I explained to the lady that I had just received my approval but no invitation as of yet from the council. She then checked my approval letter against their records and then said she was able to slot me in for the morning ceremony slot i.e 23rd May. So there you have it folks I was lucky to get a next day slot. :D :D :D

Thanks @newbie _t, I appreciate. And once again all the best to those waiting.

Lasthurdle

NoRest
Newly Registered

Post by NoRest » Thu May 22, 2014 6:54 pm

@Lasthurdle
Wow, that was lucky...! Congratulations :D

lasthurdle22
Newly Registered

Post by lasthurdle22 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:16 pm

NoRest wrote:@Lasthurdle

@NoRest it was lucky indeed, thanks a lot I really appreciate :) I hoping you've had or will have the same success with your application process.

NoRest
Newly Registered

Post by NoRest » Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 pm

lasthurdle22 wrote:

@NoRest it was lucky indeed, thanks a lot I really appreciate :) I hoping you've had or will have the same success with your application process.
I'm counting the days, weeks (3 weeks on)... Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.
Good luck with your ceremony and passport application :D

chingomingo
Newly Registered

Post by chingomingo » Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Dear fellows,
My wait is over .Today i received the well known brown envelope of all my family members. Here is update of my application.

Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP+3 yaers Tier 1 general +1 year ILR (joint family application)
Language criteria met : IELTS+Life in the Uk test
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Essex
Date of application: 27/03/2014
Payment method : CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/03/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 07/04/2014 (dated 04/04/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 04/04/2014
Date approval: 14th May 2014
Date of Approval received: 22nd May 2014
Date of ceremony: 04/06/2014

I thank everyone on this forum and wish all the best to all who are waiting for their approval letter

lasthurdle22
Newly Registered

Post by lasthurdle22 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 pm

NoRest wrote:
lasthurdle22 wrote:

I'm counting the days, weeks (3 weeks on)... Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.
Good luck with your ceremony and passport application :D
I'm sure you'll get yours really sooooooon, Thanks again

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Update, Update.......

Good Morning Everyone,

It is getting very quite here since last few days. I have Called home office this morning and got connected in 30 seconds. I have been told that Letter has been sent out yesterday and you should get it in next few days.

Finger Crossed....

virgo_mermaid
Newly Registered

Post by virgo_mermaid » Fri May 23, 2014 9:09 am

virgo_mermaid wrote:Eligibility criteria: EEA exercising treaty rights (had ILR when arrived as minor trough parent residence permit)
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + B1 CEFR
Council name if NCS used: Bracknell Forest
Date of application: 27.03.2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28.03.2014
Date of acknowledgment: 02.04.2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02.04.14 (online statement)
Date approval received: 19.05.2014 dated 13.05.2014
Date of ceremony: 11.06.2014.
The most important bit is out of the way (sort of anyway) :D I'm very grateful for this forum, don't think I would've managed to keep sane without it, whilst waiting for the outcome of my application.
Good luck to everyone still waiting, each day you don't hear from them it's a day closer to your approval.
See you in the passport timeline.

kooldude
Newly Registered

Post by kooldude » Fri May 23, 2014 10:23 am

Good Morning Every one!
I would like to share my experience getting the approval from HO re Naturalisation
Eligibility criteria: WP(5 years) =>ILR(18 months)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK NARIC Letters
Current nationality: Indian
Council name if NCS used: Cambridge
Date of application: 31/03/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/04/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 08/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/04/2014
Date approval received: 22/05/2014
Date of ceremony:04/06/2014

ships
Newly Registered

Post by ships » Fri May 23, 2014 12:55 pm

ships wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 and ILR (Joint Application)
Language criteria met: PBS Calculator and UK Master's Degree
Current nationality: Indian
Council name if NCS used: Hillingdon
Date of application: 28 March 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01 April 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 08 April 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 09 April 2014
Date approval received: 22nd May 2014 (dated 14th May 2014)
Date of ceremony: 29th May 2014

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Fri May 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Called HO 3 time this week and finally some new status on my applicaiton. Lady said its still under consideration but in final stages otherwise all the time I get same message when ever I call that its with case work nothing else.

I hope next week sometime it will leave HO. i applied 28 March and it looks like I am the only one left in march timeline.

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri May 23, 2014 1:21 pm

tehmer wrote:Called HO 3 time this week and finally some new status on my applicaiton. Lady said its still under consideration but in final stages otherwise all the time I get same message when ever I call that its with case work nothing else.

I hope next week sometime it will leave HO. i applied 28 March and it looks like I am the only one left in march timeline.
No, you are not the only one. I applied on 19 March, and, accodring to what I was told 5 minutes ago, it has NOT been assigned to a case worker yet. Wish I knew what could they wait for before assigning a case worker?

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:05 pm

sogy wrote:
tehmer wrote:Called HO 3 time this week and finally some new status on my applicaiton. Lady said its still under consideration but in final stages otherwise all the time I get same message when ever I call that its with case work nothing else.

No, you are not the only one. I applied on 19 March, and, accodring to what I was told 5 minutes ago, it has NOT been assigned to a case worker yet. Wish I knew what could they wait for before assigning a case worker?
Dont worry -- You are not the only one. I applied on 26th March and still waiting.

I called them on wednesday and lady goes to me that your application has not been allocated to case worker yet.

But I called them again today this morning and lady said that decision has been made and posted out to you yesterday and you should get it in next few days.

I am not sure whether to believe on what I have been told two days ago or what i have been told today..

I think best thing is to wait patiently and it will come soon.........

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri May 23, 2014 2:17 pm

uvalue90 wrote: I called them on wednesday and lady goes to me that your application has not been allocated to case worker yet.

But I called them again today this morning and lady said that decision has been made and posted out to you yesterday and you should get it in next few days.
This is truly amazing! I thought they would have a proper database (and they would have saved themselves a lot of customer calls, if they had an extenal portal for the customers as well).

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi guys
I'm 27th March as well. I called today and answer was waiting to be allocated. So first time today I did question about que system. Guy said that it's a more of batch system where set of applications been given to a team and then it's up to them to decide, when to start looking into applications.
Guy tried to satisfy me with answer but he himself knew the reason he was giving me is still not making any sense.
Hopefully it will be soon for everyone of us waiting.
Good luck everyone.

alinato
Newly Registered

Post by alinato » Fri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm

alinato wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met : PhD in UK
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 20/03/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/03/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 29/03/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 29/03/2014
Date approval received: waiting!!
Date of ceremony: waiting!!

Is applying by post means that my application will be delayed? :shock: Also, is the 300 number only for people who applied via NCS?

Many thanks..

Update: Called HO; my application is not yet allocated to case worker... more waiting :oops:
Update: I had 2 missed calls from a blocked number twice this morning. My mind went crazy and thought that HO might have called me to check something or ask for further documents. Am I being paranoid or would the HO ever calls people to get further info on their applications??? :shock:

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri May 23, 2014 5:16 pm

alinato wrote: Update: I had 2 missed calls from a blocked number twice this morning. My mind went crazy and thought that HO might have called me to check something or ask for further documents. Am I being paranoid or would the HO ever calls people to get further info on their applications??? :shock:
The should send you a letter to ask for something.

Don't worry, I applied 2 days before you, and still no case worker.

BTW, here is some funny correspondence on this issue:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... f_naturali

man2013
Newly Registered

Post by man2013 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi everybody,

I d like to share my application timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met : life in the UK test, IELTS
Date of application: 25/03/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27 /03/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 07/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/04/2014
Date pproval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

alinato
Newly Registered

Post by alinato » Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 am

sogy wrote: The should send you a letter to ask for something.

Don't worry, I applied 2 days before you, and still no case worker.

BTW, here is some funny correspondence on this issue:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... f_naturali
@Sogy: thanks, it seems that I was a little paranoid.
saw the link; very funny, people were complaining on the procedure since 2011; the situation didn't seem to change since then though.. :!:

mulla
Newly Registered

Post by mulla » Sat May 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi All

Good News!

I got those magic brown envelops today. My time lines are as below.

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met : life in the UK test, PBS printout
Date of application: 31/03/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01 /04/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 10/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/04/2014
Date approval received: 24/05/2014 (dated 14/04/2014)
Date of ceremony: will call council on Tuesday.

Hope everyone will get their approvals soon.
End of the major journey!
Thanks to all!

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sun May 25, 2014 7:46 am

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend.

Huge congrats to all who have received approvals this week - Time.passes.slowly, dara2k, ismina18, kumar1981, lasthurdle, virgo_mermaid, chingomingo, radsai79, ships, kooldude and mulla :D

We have quite a few new timelines - dara2k, isminia18, man2013, ships, kooldude and mulla

Good luck to those who are still waiting :)

I would appreicate if everyone can keep their timeline up-to-date, which helps a lot! Not only in this thread but for the next month too.
Attachments
Mar_2014_7.png
Mar_2014_7.png (186.86 KiB) Viewed 2383 times

Jennymiah
Newly Registered

Post by Jennymiah » Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi,

I have recently passed my life in the uk test. I already have a Ilr from 2001 why do I still have to do the ESOL English exam? But I still I have booked it for the 15/6/14 as I don't want any problem so I am hoping to send off my forms straight away on receiving my results. But I am really stressed out as I wanted to go away on the 31/10/14 so how long will it take for me recieve for the whole process and ukba to send my certificates so I can apply for my britsh passport?? Please help

Thank you

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Jennymiah wrote:Hi,

I have recently passed my life in the uk test. I already have a Ilr from 2001 why do I still have to do the ESOL English exam? But I still I have booked it for the 15/6/14 as I don't want any problem so I am hoping to send off my forms straight away on receiving my results. But I am really stressed out as I wanted to go away on the 31/10/14 so how long will it take for me recieve for the whole process and ukba to send my certificates so I can apply for my britsh passport?? Please help

Thank you
Hi jenny, I wouldnt count on getting a passport in time to travel. Unless you plan on travelling on your current passport. In that case i would recommend making an application through the NCS instead of posting your passport to HO. Each application for naturalisation can take up to 6 months and even after the approval, unless you do private ceremony, you could be waiting for days or weeks to get a council ceremony in order to obtain your certificate. I applied for naturalisation on the 12th of march and got my approval on the 6th of may. I applied for my passport on the 20th of may, same day of the ceremony and was told it can take up to 6 weeks.

Now if you calculate how long it would have taken me from applying for citizenship to receiving the passport, you will have a rough guide on what to expect. Bare in mind that you could be one of them to receive your approval sooner than my timeline or even later as some that applied before me are still waiting. Passport office is also reporting a delay in processing new passports because of the summer rush.

With regards to the ESOl, unless you are a national of an English speaking country, have a degree taught in english etc. You will have to take an english test. Life in the uk test and having ILR doesn't prove that you have a firm grasp of the english language.

Hope this info helped you with your questions.