ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country without a English Test Centre !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

claire 52
Newly Registered

Country without a English Test Centre !

Post by claire 52 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Please please can someone help/advise me.
My husband is a national of a country with no English Test Centre, he did past English Exam in 2009 ( not UKBA approved) so he can speak English well, however for UKBA purposes no test . In the country next to him all tests are on hold due to 1, Toefl no longer being accepted, 2. City and Guilds now reassessing other college due to fraud, so there is no where for him to go. In one of the Gov documents it states if there is no English test centre he can apply without it but Ive heard so much about ECO/ECM ignoring stuff like this that I want to know exactly how to present this to go down the no test route, eg citing case law or a tribunal case.
Im getting quite stressed about this as everything else is done , we have been trying to resolve this since February to no avail, please can any one advise or point me in the right direction. I have a couple of people say seems ok but its alot of money to submit especially as he has to travel to another country to submit the application aswell.
Thanks in advance

claire 52
Newly Registered

Re: Country without a English Test Centre !

Post by claire 52 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Even if you post me a link to more info, Ive just hit a brick wall now !

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Which country?

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 am

Hi Guinea

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:42 am

Anyone ?

85 East

Post by 85 East » Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am

claire 52 wrote:Please please can someone help/advise me.
In one of the Gov documents it states if there is no English test centre he can apply without it but Ive heard so much about ECO/ECM ignoring stuff like this that I want to know exactly how to present this to go down the no test route, eg citing case law or a tribunal case.
Do you have the name of this government document, or a link to it?

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Thu May 29, 2014 6:55 pm

hi its English language requirement SET 17, relevant bit 17.9
SET17.9 Are there any exemptions?
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be exempt from the English language requirement:

Age 65 or over at the time of making an application. Acceptable evidence would be proof of age in a passport or travel document.
Current list of countries where there is no test centre. If the applicant is a long-term resident of a country with no test centre, and they are applying from that country for a visa as a partner, then they will be exempt from the requirement to have passed an English language test. The list of countries where no test centre is available is subject to change, and currently includes:

Angola (2)
Burkina Faso (2)
Cape Verde (2)
Central African Republic (2)
Chad (2)
Comoros (1)
Congo (4)
Democratic Republic of Congo (4)
Equatorial Guinea (2)
Eritrea (4)
Gabon (1)
Guinea (3)

85 East

Post by 85 East » Fri May 30, 2014 9:37 am

I would put it in writing that he is not supplying an English test certificate as there is no centre in Guinea, making reference to the specific section of the guidelines, this should cover it.

claire 52
Newly Registered

Post by claire 52 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 pm

east 85 thank you so much for replying 189 views ,and no coments ! Yes I have drafted a letter containing all info also info from test centres in neighbouring countries where he would have to travel days and stay cos the test is taken on 2 separate not necessarily consecutive days . Thanks again fo rtaking the time to post